Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 11:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,042 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by n3rd
I have no cleaning lady but the recent posts here make me suspect that this 991.2 production ending info isn’t from Porsche but from the those who sell with ADM.

Paging CJ (or if by some miracle Chaosoul).
Yeah, don't trust those a-holes. They'll keep building GT3s and GT2RSs and GT3RSs in 2019. I think production will end in late 2019.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Homsy94
Hey guys! Need quick advice. So recently I posted here that a friend has an "allocation" for December 2018 but after all the talk here I'm unsure if that's real or not. I got offered one today at 15k over for a customizable build for feb delivery date. Worth it? I tried offering 10 but they wouldn't budge. I'm in line to get my car at MSRP if there is another round of allocations. Worth the gamble or not? Problem is I'm really averse to paying ADM but I also really want the car... really torn! Thanks in advance!
I look at it like this. if you order PCCBs that ~$9500. Do not order PCCBs and you really did not over-pay.

A simple build will give you a piece on mind
Old 11-29-2017, 04:22 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
MSRP allocation?
yes, msrp. However, he has some sort of connection to the dealership through his job. I was mostly pointing out the expected timing of the delivery
Old 11-29-2017, 08:34 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

To add my data point here and also some information that I have been wasting way too much time away from work to research (hope this helps anyone else hunting for an allocation; took this from my comment on another thread):

I went for a January 2018 allocation for a $15k ADM on a .2 GT3. I was near the top on the list for my local dealer here in Hawaii, and I was wallowing away on many other dealer's lists who were kind enough to just put me on there but told me it wasn't likely, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The rumors of production ending in November 2018, rumors of the 4.0 engine maybe not meeting certain EU criteria, as well as the fact that different SAs and contacts had told me that PCNA had given the dealers the bulk of their allocations upfront rather than quarterly all at once for this GT3 generation, with only a few left as bonuses, led me to just go for this allocation (I'm just a messenger, I honestly don't know what is going on inside that Zuffenhausen sausage factory).

Life is short, it's a car I really wanted, especially if the 992 is going to follow the Panamera and Cayenne redesign route (I do not like touch surfaces, prefer the analog/buttons style on the 991), and I had no choice since I didn't have much business with any dealers to secure my own MSRP allocation. Maybe if I had waited I could have gotten an MSRP allocation early next year if more were released (knowing my luck this will be the case), but I figured I could nix LWBS and PCCB and that just about took care of the ADM.

My biggest regret was missing out on euro delivery with my father since the build is slated for January 2018, but I am going to opt for PEC LA delivery (whatever that entails) to make a fun memory and experience with my old man. Maybe I'll do a base Macan for euro delivery some time in 2019....

I'm going to be sure to remove my name from the dealers' lists so hopefully those still holding out for an MSRP allocation can get theirs, but I folded as much as I wanted to hold out for MSRP.... sorry guys....*sniff* lol

Still working on all the details with the SA but hope to finalize this all soon enough. Will need some help with my build since it locks in 2 weeks or so.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:31 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
To add my data point here and also some information that I have been wasting way too much time away from work to research (hope this helps anyone else hunting for an allocation; took this from my comment on another thread):

I went for a January 2018 allocation for a $15k ADM on a .2 GT3. I was near the top on the list for my local dealer here in Hawaii, and I was wallowing away on many other dealer's lists who were kind enough to just put me on there but told me it wasn't likely, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The rumors of production ending in November 2018, rumors of the 4.0 engine maybe not meeting certain EU criteria, as well as the fact that different SAs and contacts had told me that PCNA had given the dealers the bulk of their allocations upfront rather than quarterly all at once for this GT3 generation, with only a few left as bonuses, led me to just go for this allocation (I'm just a messenger, I honestly don't know what is going on inside that Zuffenhausen sausage factory).

Life is short, it's a car I really wanted, especially if the 992 is going to follow the Panamera and Cayenne redesign route (I do not like touch surfaces, prefer the analog/buttons style on the 991), and I had no choice since I didn't have much business with any dealers to secure my own MSRP allocation. Maybe if I had waited I could have gotten an MSRP allocation early next year if more were released (knowing my luck this will be the case), but I figured I could nix LWBS and PCCB and that just about took care of the ADM.

My biggest regret was missing out on euro delivery with my father since the build is slated for January 2018, but I am going to opt for PEC LA delivery (whatever that entails) to make a fun memory and experience with my old man. Maybe I'll do a base Macan for euro delivery some time in 2019....

I'm going to be sure to remove my name from the dealers' lists so hopefully those still holding out for an MSRP allocation can get theirs, but I folded as much as I wanted to hold out for MSRP.... sorry guys....*sniff* lol

Still working on all the details with the SA but hope to finalize this all soon enough. Will need some help with my build since it locks in 2 weeks or so.
ADM’s
if you can’t beat them, join them.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:35 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Good luck on your car allocation.
but I rather not buy if I don't get at msrp.
would never give anybody more money
but that's me.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:43 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Good luck on your car allocation.
but I rather not buy if I don't get at msrp.
would never give anybody more money
but that's me.
Yep, fair enough I was in the same camp - I really wish I could have just walked in with cash in hand and paid MSRP to any dealer willing to take my money, but alas it didn't work out that way, at least not for me. But I am happy with the result, it's a dream come true for me to configure my Porsche for the first time, for my first GT car ever (my dream car). If I had to overpay to do so because of the market and flippers etc... I'll make it work and God willing be grinning all the same while driving this amazing machine.. Different strokes for different folks, and again I kept telling myself a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

Didn't mean to hijack this thread to be ADM vs MSRP but just provide a reference point for others still hunting for their own allocation as I was in their position watching this thread daily for the past 3+ months...
Old 11-30-2017, 09:23 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

I've got a build locking in 15 days and to be honest from what my dealer is telling me (and that of another dealer I'm close with), Porsche pushed all of its 2018 allocations to dealers early. Hence why I believe we see so many Canadian cars already produced vs. what is normally expected. Sure, there's a chance we will see 19's but I feel with the upcoming 992 and other GT production inbound it will be a trickle of what people think will be much more.

I think you were smart nabbing the car you want and congrats!

I'll keep doing the production stats with Loess...this will determine what's what!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:35 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

I heard something similar from a dealer last month, that there would be very few allocations for after July 2018 production (MY2019), and implied no 2019 builds. They knew I already had an allocation, so it looks like they weren't trying to generate panic, just sharing info. We'll see though...
Old 11-30-2017, 06:29 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

At the end of the day if Porsche can build will be great and possibly by 3rd position will get fulfilled since I'm next.
But if I don't get a allocation so be it..... I Won't be mad.
i will just enjoy the toys I currently have.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:55 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
At the end of the day if Porsche can build will be great and possibly by 3rd position will get fulfilled since I'm next.
But if I don't get a allocation so be it..... I Won't be mad.
i will just enjoy the toys I currently have.
Great perspective! There is always going to be the next shiny GT car to lust after. If it’s not meant to be at MSRP it’s all good.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 PM
Homsy94
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the same logic I took when I turned down the 15k over. I thought about it and that's now the second 15k over offer I have turned down. I'd rather donate the 15k then let it go to dealers. I did reach out to a couple people before I did so thanks for the advice!

Side note, I did call a dozen or so dealers and all the ones that are "market priced" told me all the allocations are finished and the next one will be a 992. All the ones that are MSRP dealerships "we haven't been told that no more allocations will be given and we do expect another round. The 2018's are done but we will most likely get some 2019s." Hopefully we can all get one especially if it is the last NA engine out there!
Old 12-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Okay! For anyone still keeping track of allocations and order and deliveries. I put my order in July 2017, MSRP, V070 status. Just received a call today from my SA. It is now V200 status, expected arrival March 2018. Build locks in a few weeks, but not changing anything. WOOT!!
Old 12-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

^Congrats- Just in time for Spring. Rather have it that way than me who will have to just look at it in the garage for 3 months. This may be out last warm weekend and I pick it up from Detailer in the AM
Old 12-01-2017, 08:21 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Okay! For anyone still keeping track of allocations and order and deliveries. I put my order in July 2017, MSRP, V070 status. Just received a call today from my SA. It is now V200 status, expected arrival March 2018. Build locks in a few weeks, but not changing anything. WOOT!!

congrats!! Did you already know you had an allocation? Or did you find that out today?

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread