Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by theunitedstates
Well, the long wait is over. After waiting about a year and a half, I have been given an allocation at MSRP from a Midwest dealer. No previous history with the dealer, and I won't be trading a vehicle in. I did own a 911 in the past, but did not trade it (nor buy it from) this dealer.

I was told I could get PTS if I wanted, but like I read around here, I assume that is on approval. Dealer felt pretty good about me getting PTS, if that means anything.
Dude you have to do PTS! Approval or otherwise, at least give it a try. PTS at sticker is like the holy Grail of all who want to buy a GT3.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Dude you have to do PTS! Approval or otherwise, at least give it a try. PTS at sticker is like the holy Grail of all who want to buy a GT3.
Depends how you value the current offerings and your desire to have a certain blue, green ect.. Not everyone desires paying ~13,000 plus and then having to wrap to protect that investment which now can put it around $20,000.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Depends how you value the current offerings and your desire to have a certain blue, green ect.. Not everyone desires paying ~13,000 plus and then having to wrap to protect that investment which now can put it around $20,000.
Yeah. If it were still around $5k, I MIGHT be considering it but still probably not. At $16k CAD, it's not even on my radar. It would be a colossal waste of money to me when all I want is bright red.

I've joked with friends about this. If I won the lottery or something, wouldn't it be funny to spring for PTS and then order some shade of red that's only barely discernible from Guards if you park them right next to one another.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Well, the long wait is over. After waiting about a year and a half, I have been given an allocation at MSRP from a Midwest dealer. No previous history with the dealer, and I won't be trading a vehicle in. I did own a 911 in the past, but did not trade it (nor buy it from) this dealer.

I was told I could get PTS if I wanted, but like I read around here, I assume that is on approval. Dealer felt pretty good about me getting PTS, if that means anything.
Congratulations! When is the expected delivery?

Looks like PAG is making good on the promise to deliver cars to meet the demand.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

This is availble at Scottsdale Porsche. They also have a Miami Blue.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

Best looking Lexus I've ever seen!!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:53 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

I am trying to figure out why on this round Dealers Specc'd so many cars themselves.

- Did they figure people would by them any way so let's Spec them the way we like??- If you build it they will come
- Was it because they had to submit their orders to show PAG that there is so much pent-up demand that they should make more?
- Was it because they just did not want to deal with the constant changes us Porsche guys continuously make until it locks?
- Was it just carelessness on the part of the Dealers?
Originally Posted by orthojoe
Easy. They couldn €™t get enough fish to bite on over msrp orders, so they spec €™d on their own hoping to find someone late to the game that doesn €™t care. The problem with this strategy is that custom order slots are more valuable, imo. The number of people out there who will pay above msrp for a dealer spec car is even smaller than those who will pay for an open allocation.

This is where the true travesty of adm comes into play. People can €™t order what they want. Porsche used to be all about ordering a car the way YOU want
Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

This is availble at Scottsdale Porsche. They also have a Miami Blue.
Yeah but at how much over?
Old 12-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Not sure what you mean, but when I spoke to him on the phone last week he was telling me how he had an allocation available for November 2018 (maybe it already sold to someone..)
What I mean is that your lead was for a Nov 2018 "allocation" which usually means build date. Delivery date would then be 2 months later. My friend wants a car physically in his possession now or like next week, meaning December 2017.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:04 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
What I mean is that your lead was for a Nov 2018 "allocation" which usually means build date. Delivery date would then be 2 months later. My friend wants a car physically in his possession now or like next week, meaning December 2017.
Ah sorry - missed that, thought you meant your friend was looking for a configurable allocation
Old 12-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I am trying to figure out why on this round Dealers Specc'd so many cars themselves.

- Did they figure people would by them any way so let's Spec them the way we like??- If you build it they will come
- Was it because they had to submit their orders to show PAG that there is so much pent-up demand that they should make more?
- Was it because they just did not want to deal with the constant changes us Porsche guys continuously make until it locks?
- Was it just carelessness on the part of the Dealers?
My opinion would be the following:

Dealers who believe that their demand would far outstrip supply would just spec a car and let it get there first and then hope for the impulse buyer that wants something "NOW" and pay a high price for it. Those impulse buyer will probably be willing to pay a higher premium than those that are willing to order and wait months for a car.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Love SBM with black wheels. It seems to make the body color look deeper blue.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:07 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Congratulations! When is the expected delivery?

Looks like PAG is making good on the promise to deliver cars to meet the demand.
Thanks buddy!!! Looks like I will take delivery at the end of March, unless I go PTS. I am still torn on it, but I have a little bit of time.

Wouldn't bother me with the delay in the end if it was the color I wanted. Expensive as hell but might be worth it.

Always been big on Signal Green and Voodoo Blue. We'll see how it goes.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:08 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Thanks buddy!!! Looks like I will take delivery at the end of March, unless I go PTS. I am still torn on it, but I have a little bit of time.

Wouldn't bother me with the delay in the end if it was the color I wanted. Expensive as hell but might be worth it.

Always been big on Signal Green and Voodoo Blue. We'll see how it goes.
Congrats on the allocation, I figured most of the good guy dealers were in the Midwest.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:00 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I believe the ask is 213k. Didn’t see the msrp.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:42 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
MSRP = $182,060.00.
Asking $213,900.00 with CPO.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread