GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 07:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,988 Likes on 2,273 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Martin:

NA engines, from Porsche at least, are going away pretty soon.
All types gasolines & diesels engines will follow shortly. I have a
friend that runs all the network of Palm Mortuaries, Crematoriums
& Cemeteries in Vegas. Can I have him pm you to plan ahead?

You be glad to know he is one of the 'Good Guys' in the mortuary
business & does not usually charge an ADM on desirable cemetery
plots!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

https://www.forbes.com/sites/energyi.../#2deef65a523d
Haha I know Porsche will end NA GT car production soon...either with the 992 or the generation after that. Frankly, my wallet will be happy because then I can just focus on enjoying what I have and not trying to buy the next new NA GT car.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,454 Likes on 758 Posts

aha I know Porsche will end NA GT car production soon...either with the 992 or the generation after that. Frankly, my wallet will be happy because then I can just focus on enjoying what I have and not trying to buy the next new NA GT car.

I do not disagree. i figured if I get rid of my .2 GT3 I will probably be going FI although that is not happening any time soon. No more need to be chasing more HP. - 500 HP, NA, Manual - I do not need more than that.

Not unless some GT4 RS shows up that I can get my hands on
Old 12-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Martin:

NA engines, from Porsche at least, are going away pretty soon.
All types gasolines & diesels engines will follow shortly.
Eduardo,

Not to derail this thread, but are you in the camp of those who believe that human - driven cars are destined to be outlawed on public roads not long after self driving cars become mainstream, like Bob Lutz says? I value your opinions a lot and I'd be curious to know what you think.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:34 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Eduardo,

Not to derail this thread, but are you in the camp of those
who believe that human - driven cars are destined to be
outlawed on public roads not long after self driving cars
become mainstream, like Bob Lutz says?
Just so that everyone knows what 'Rick brooklyn' is talking about,
let's first allow our fellow Rennlisters to read what actual Bob Lutz
actually said:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...GNED/171109944

To answer your question Rick, 'No, I am not in Lutz' camp!
Bob Lutz is too much of an optimist!
'

Seriously, I don't know what to believe. But I do know Europe
has a more committed 'anti-internal-combustion-engine'
fanatical base in its general population & political classes than
we have here in the USA*.
Follow closely what Europeans start
to do about restricting the use of gasoline/diesel powered vehicles
in the years ahead...because that is where the political winds
will blow here a few years later, aided by the most 'progressive'
elements in our population & its #MeToo political elites!

So, I am not optimistic. But I am also 67 years of age & will not
live to see ALL of what our more 'enlightened' citizens have in
store for our beloved sport cars & our motorized hobby in general!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

*That is why I don't believe PAG & the VW Group would continue
to sell NA engined gt3 & RS to rest of the world that do not meet
European Cycle-6 emissions if these motors failed to get an extension
beyond Dec 31st, 2018.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:37 AM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Lol they can try to legislate all their hopes and fantasies to their little hearts content. For every ICE they ban, the "emerging" countries will buy or build three.

I love the idea of a massive coal powered automotive infrastructure (aka "electric cars") but it just doesn't won't and can't scale to infinity in a few decades because of wishful thinking applied by heavy handed command and control authoritarians.

We'll have ICE's for a VERY long time.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:32 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE.[/QUOTE]

Sedition, maybe?

Careful, those federal buildings are listening.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Sedition, maybe?

Careful, those federal buildings are listening.
I didn't say I was going to be one of those angry white men. But, trust me, there are millions of them. Moot point though, because none of this nonsense is going to happen in our lifetimes.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:42 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 248 Posts

Me too...I'm hoping it goes turbo so I can let go of all this craziness....

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
aha I know Porsche will end NA GT car production soon...either with the 992 or the generation after that. Frankly, my wallet will be happy because then I can just focus on enjoying what I have and not trying to buy the next new NA GT car.

I do not disagree. i figured if I get rid of my .2 GT3 I will probably be going FI although that is not happening any time soon. No more need to be chasing more HP. - 500 HP, NA, Manual - I do not need more than that.

Not unless some GT4 RS shows up that I can get my hands on
Old 12-10-2017, 06:53 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
..... there’s no way they’d (California) get all petrol cars off the road in our lifetime.
Try this: the legislation to rid California of fossil fueled cars is being lead by a California Assemblyman who might, actually, be from your district. Phil Ting wants it done in your lifetime, i.e., 2040, and intends to get the ball rolling early next year. Governor Brown, affectionately "Moonbeam," is warming up to the idea that cars are causing climate change and climate change is causing all the fires currently destroying parts of the state. See the line of attack there - fossil fuel cars cause climate change, in turn, cause destructive fires. If that thinking catches on with the public, it's bye, bye combustion engine cars. Probably, being as we're talking about shifty politicians, attempted through some kind of graduated tax. Costly? The rulers don't care as long as they have theirs. Stay alert.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:08 PM
MadViper
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good evening,

Little background here, a few weeks ago I decided that my next car would be a 991.2 GT3, coming from two M2’s I know the change would be drastic.

Talked to the local dealership, the only Porsche dealer in Panama, and he didn’t want to take the 30K I offered him as a deposit because he can’t guarantee an allocation, I even told him I was willing to wait up to 18 month for the car and he didn’t even blink. He did say, that if I wanted the Touring Package, which I don’t, he would be able to get me an allocation because the T.P. is relatively new…

So my question is what is going on with allocations for the GT3? I’ve read the first 9 pages of this tread then I realized the thread ha 276 and I decided to post the question. Would I be able to get the allocation this being my first Porsche?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-12-2017, 11:51 PM
silvertige
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MadViper
Good evening,

Little background here, a few weeks ago I decided that my next car would be a 991.2 GT3, coming from two M2’s I know the change would be drastic.

Talked to the local dealership, the only Porsche dealer in Panama, and he didn’t want to take the 30K I offered him as a deposit because he can’t guarantee an allocation, I even told him I was willing to wait up to 18 month for the car and he didn’t even blink. He did say, that if I wanted the Touring Package, which I don’t, he would be able to get me an allocation because the T.P. is relatively new…

So my question is what is going on with allocations for the GT3? I’ve read the first 9 pages of this tread then I realized the thread ha 276 and I decided to post the question. Would I be able to get the allocation this being my first Porsche?

Thanks in advance
Easy... just allocate your 30k for an ADM and you're good to go... at least somewhere. If you're patient then an allocation at 10-15k over or even msrp is possible, imo
Old 12-12-2017, 11:58 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
- fossil fuel cars cause climate change, in turn, cause destructive fires.
I understand the political reality of what you are saying but the last time I visited some of the Red Wood forests, some of the trees still showed damage from firestorms a 1000 years ago - clearly a result of all the coal powered plants and millions of cars on the road....or maybe it was just the volcanoes.

But to keep it on topic, I'm not sure MadViper has much of a choice. There is limited competition in his area so he just has to deal with it. He needs to offer well above MSRP to get on the top of the list. The list isn't a first come first serve anyway. It's all about money and relationship. Actually....scratch that last part. It's all about money and relationships facilitates the transfer of money.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:08 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by MadViper
Good evening,

That comment from your dealer makes no sense. There is no such thing as a Touring allocation. Any allocation could be either.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:01 AM
Frenzyy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi, been a while since I've posted on RL, been lurking in this sub for a while. Wanted to drop a note that my GT3 just got built. Some background, I was next on the list at my dealer and he didn't have any more allocations for 2018. After reading this thread, I resigned to the fact I probably get one next generation or if they make a 2019 run. However, I got a rushed call from my dealer in mid Nov saying if I had a build in mind cause I would have to lock that same evening. Was really torn between touring vs wing and went with the safe bet the last minute, but I do think touring would be better suited as my funday car for regular street use. Just happy to have one either way, but lesson learned to always have a build ready so not to scramble for an hour making rash expensive decisions.

Build Lock: Mid-Nov
Build Date: Today
Estimated Delivery: Mid-Feb

Anyways, here's my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCQZDM2 -- If I missed something, please don't tell me
Old 12-13-2017, 03:47 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenzyy
Hi, been a while since I've posted on RL, been lurking in this sub for a while. Wanted to drop a note that my GT3 just got built. Some background, I was next on the list at my dealer and he didn't have any more allocations for 2018. After reading this thread, I resigned to the fact I probably get one next generation or if they make a 2019 run. However, I got a rushed call from my dealer in mid Nov saying if I had a build in mind cause I would have to lock that same evening. Was really torn between touring vs wing and went with the safe bet the last minute, but I do think touring would be better suited as my funday car for regular street use. Just happy to have one either way, but lesson learned to always have a build ready so not to scramble for an hour making rash expensive decisions.

Build Lock: Mid-Nov
Build Date: Today
Estimated Delivery: Mid-Feb

Anyways, here's my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCQZDM2 -- If I missed something, please don't tell me
Great build. Simple but with all the right must have options.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread