Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,454 Likes on 758 Posts

I am still not a believer they are done. I appears they a re a month ahead of schedule in some cases. But- an extra 500 cars spread world wide is a drop in the bucket considering Europe is really putting the pressure on PAG to send them more cars
Old 12-07-2017, 02:07 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I'm on the list for a 992 GT3
Really? Is that what I need to do to get a GT3? Get on a list (that may or may not be honored) and wait 4 years?....and then have this happen to me....

Originally Posted by RealityGT
My deposit from 2 years ago was returned a few weeks back. No more cars incoming to my particular dealer, but that's not to say others may not get some added sales performance allocations. I hope my fellow canucks with deposits still held, will receive allocations. What irks me is that I know of at least 5 flippers who received .2 GT3 allocations, but many of us who simply want to drive these cars are denied.. Doesn't quite jive with the verbiage spewed by the local dealers.

GL!
That is totally outrageous! I would be up Klaus' a$$ with a microscope building condominiums.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:11 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

My deposit from 2 years ago was returned a few weeks back. No more cars incoming to my particular dealer, but that's not to say others may not get some added sales performance allocations. I hope my fellow canucks with deposits still held, will receive allocations. What irks me is that I know of at least 5 flippers who received .2 GT3 allocations, but many of us who simply want to drive these cars are denied.. Doesn't quite jive with the verbiage spewed by the local dealers.

GL!
That is the worst part about all of this madness. The car should go to people who are passionate about the GT3 and intend to drive it/make memories with it, not for profiteering. Sucks for people who have to pay an ADM to get the car they want or for those who hold out for MSRP and miss out on the car.

Originally Posted by subshooter
Really? Is that what I need to do to get a GT3? Get on a list (that may or may not be honored) and wait 4 years?
What's sad is that is actually the truth. On one of the lists I was on for a .2 GT3, I was on it for over a year and the SA hinted that I could have a good shot at the 992 GT3 lol
Old 12-07-2017, 02:16 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
My deposit was retained with the explanation, "No guarantees, but we should see more cars."
Cool! Fingers crossed for you, me and others. But I'm hearing a lot otherwise across the country.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:39 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

At the end of the day what's the purpose of laying down a deposit only to get your name added to- The List.
A list with a sequence that is arbitrary at best...
Guess it's like the "buying a lottery ticket" analogy, can't win if you don't buy one.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
At the end of the day what's the purpose of laying down a deposit only to get your name added to- The List.
Guess it's like the "buying a lottery ticket" analogy, can't win if you don't buy one.
Well... to be fair... what else can you do? The legitimacy of the "list" is certainly up for debate, but if you don't get on one at all, you're definitely not getting a car unless you're the sort of customer that doesn't need to be in this discussion at all.

It's not like a lottery. There's no random draw and you certainly don't have the same odds as every other ticket in the hat.

Think of it more like a silent auction but that you have no idea what the criteria is for choosing the winning bid.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:58 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Were you able to just walk into your dealer and obtain an allocation without having to make your intentions known to them in advance?
I know some people are very good customers and don't need to drop deposits, but I'm curious to know how one can obtain an allocation without even informing the dealer of your intent to purchase? Which is in essence, what the deposit is supposed to acknowledge...
Old 12-07-2017, 03:01 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Well... to be fair... what else can you do? The legitimacy of the "list" is certainly up for debate, but if you don't get on one at all, you're definitely not getting a car unless you're the sort of customer that doesn't need to be in this discussion at all.

It's not like a lottery. There's no random draw and you certainly don't have the same odds as every other ticket in the hat.

Think of it more like a silent auction but that you have no idea what the criteria is for choosing the winning bid.
LOL, of course but I meant it more like, you can't receive an allocation if you are not on the list... even though "where" you are on the list at any given moment in time seems arbitrary to the dealer's whim.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

I'm curious to know how one can obtain an allocation without even informing the dealer of your intent to purchase?
There are people out there that the dealers will call and ask if they want a car.

We are not those people.

I rather expect those people don't pay attention to these allocations threads.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:24 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
There are people out there that the dealers will call and ask if they want a car.

We are not those people.

I rather expect those people don't pay attention to these allocations threads.
LOL! Yes agreed, I am not one of those individuals.. HaHa..
Old 12-07-2017, 03:26 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

LOL, of course but I meant it more like, you can't receive an allocation if you are not on the list... even though "where" you are on the list at any given moment in time seems arbitrary to the dealer's whim.
100% agreed.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:31 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Were you able to just walk into your dealer and obtain an allocation without having to make your intentions known to them in advance?
I know some people are very good customers and don't need to drop deposits, but I'm curious to know how one can obtain an allocation without even informing the dealer of your intent to purchase? Which is in essence, what the deposit is supposed to acknowledge...
Pretty much. I was offered a build slot before I was 100% committed.
I came around!!
Old 12-07-2017, 03:36 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,015 Posts

100% agreed.
Exactly. It is all a game. This is why I posted a thread regarding Porsche's business model. It doesn't make any sense to me. It stinks of third world cronyism.

As a comparison, if I want to buy one of the best speaker systems in the world, the company is going to sell it to me. I just need to have the money.- whether it is $10,000 for one speaker or $50,000. I can walk right in or order it on line, tell them I want it and pay a huge price. I don't have to do the list game dance crap. If Porsche needs another factory to meet demand (which I doubt), then build it.

Edit: BTW - I would never buy a speaker that expensive and Porsche is not the best car manufacturer in the world either. I'm just making a point.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:52 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Exactly. It is all a game. This is why I posted a thread regarding Porsche's business model. It doesn't make any sense to me. It stinks of third world cronyism.

As a comparison, if I want to buy one of the best speaker systems in the world, the company is going to sell it to me. I just need to have the money.- whether it is $10,000 for one speaker or $50,000. I can walk right in or order it on line, tell them I want it and pay a huge price. I don't have to do the list game dance crap. If Porsche needs another factory to meet demand (which I doubt), then build it.

Edit: BTW - I would never buy a speaker that expensive and Porsche is not the best car manufacturer in the world either. I'm just making a point.
Define “best” car manufacturer. IMO “best” is not a fact but rather an opinion, and in my opinion Porsche is the best mass produced manufacture. I got my .1 GT3 at MSRP back in 2015 and MSRP on my .2 GT3 this time. You won’t admit it, but I sense “sour grapes” from your posts.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

For what it's worth... I do hope you land one. I mean... you know your car was practically an inspiration for me back in the day.

It's interesting to see how the system differs from country to country. In the US, it seems to be practically an auction at this point. If you have enough money, you CAN just walk in and order one. It's just that the MSRP is completely irrelevant and you don't really know until you talk to someone what you're actually going to pay.

Here in Canada, it's all MSRP so the challenge is just in being ABLE to buy one rather than about how much you're willing to pay for one. Now... if you've got gobs of money here, you can still buy your way into one but it's not quite as cut and dry as it is in the US. A number of people here told me that if you go into a certain dealer and buy a used 991 RS off their lot at their price, you'd get your GT3 allocation at the same time. So big money wins either way... but it's not the only way.

On both cases, relationships matter. Plenty of people in the US are buying at MSRP as well. There's no formula there though. No advice to give, really. It could just be about dealing with the right people at the right dealership but that's not a thing you can set out as a set of instructions on a web forum.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of input here about how things work in the rest of the world. I'm genuinely curious as to how things are going elsewhere. How does it work in various European countries? Asia? Australia? Not a lot of anecdotes here to go on for the ROW sales.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread