Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 07:01 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

I guess this "review" isn't really a review either. He seems to be lying here himself. A personal defense based on no facts.

Name:  photo582.jpg
Views: 2815
Size:  96.1 KB
Old 03-10-2017, 07:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

All the same bologna here. Rave reviews and bashing. Just put a link to the Jalopnik article in the post. Solves all.

Name:  photo307.jpg
Views: 2614
Size:  377.1 KB

Last edited by STG; 03-11-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:39 PM
hotelguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow just wow .....you cover for them for wrecking a car...after a 4 hour joy ride....get a clue dude...don't be that guy

Last edited by hotelguy; 03-11-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:52 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,485 Likes on 2,819 Posts

Let's not forget who the bad guys are in this.

BHR will freeze out the OP and count on him having to work through insurance and eventually giving up when he doesn't get satisfactory recompense.

I'd like to think that their actions will impact their access to high end German metal and lessen the chance that they will do this again. We're all assuming their business is toast, but I'm not so sure. Look at Hennessey Performance. That guy has been a crook for decades with seemingly little impact on his livelihood.

Scumbags with no shame tend to be good at surviving.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:00 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Only the master mechanic at the dealership touches my RS cars. I've been very clear about this as I had a bad experience with a young tech joyride my new Audi RS4.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:59 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I guess this "review" isn't really a review either. He seems to be lying here himself. A personal defense based on no facts.

Attachment 1143419
There's a line of people that want to talk him. Unfortunately, he's not taking calls at this time.

Stay the course Ccapx.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:11 AM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by Underblu
I sometimes think I'm paranoid. I wouldnt go for expel during the break-in period because I kept having visions of the installer taking my Spyder for a quick spin and hitting the redline.
HA! Try this...you pick up a new GT in Zuffenhausen, and before you even get to drive it, you turn it over to someone you have never met to get it Xpel'd....
Once you get it back, the rest of the trip is a big sigh...
Old 03-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Once the shop owner filed a claim with his insurance company, he no longer had control of the claim. From that point forward the insurance company handles the claim. The shop owner CANNOT take independent action without his insurance company consent. Should he act without their knowledge, they legal can make a case to deny the claim.

However, once his insurance company made their offer there is nothing preventing the shop owner from offering additional sums to settle the matter.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:58 AM
LaFlamaBlanca
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleted

Last edited by LaFlamaBlanca; 03-11-2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Deleted.....
Old 03-11-2017, 04:16 AM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

Defamation? With all due respect, why would you even say this? Are you friend of the shop owner? I mean the shop owner was entrusted with a quarter milllion dollar limited edition Porsche. Just by virtue of the fact that he crashed the car into a building is pretty much a prima fascia case for the owners negligence and liability albeit barring any mitigating factors that are discovered i.e. a sudden ice storm, a UFO appearing in front of the GT3RS, etc.

Let's be clear. There's freedom of speech which provides broad coverage for speaking up publicly without fear of reprisal. There is also fact. Fact: pursuant to the the OP statements, pictures etc., the OP dropped off his 991 GT3 RS in good condition to the shop owner. That GT3 RS while in the possession of the shop owner was severely damaged while allegedly being operated in an unsafe manner. I.e. The car didn't fall of a lift, it crashed into a building!

Therefore, it might be advisable to save terms like vigilantism and defamation to businesses that are unjustly attacked. This incidence does not appear to meet that criteria but rather seems to be a clear cases of a business owner betraying the trust and good faith of his customer.

Originally Posted by gnat
No that is what the registry does. It is the responsibility of the job they are applying for to check that if it is an issue for them.

And you've never heard of wrongful convictions?

The internet is full of stories of little vigilantes like yourself that jump into the middle of something they have no business in and making a mess of things. In the cases where it turns out the vigilantes were wrong, their mess is never cleaned up and it follows the target around unjustly (just like false rape/molestation charges follow an innocent person around forever).

Even though the OP hasn't advocated such foolishness, with the right lawyer the shop owner could make a good case that the OP has damaged his business and sue him for defamation. Are you going to pay for his legal defense to fight off such a suit?

So you've gone and defamed a business since you are only what you are being told. What are you going to do if it came out that this was all made up? Are you going to remove your review as well as making everyone else you incited to do the same to remove theirs as well?

People have been successfully sued for leaving true first hand feedback on Yelp. Be careful that you don't end up being the one that pays for the OP's car...

Doesn't matter. Wasn't your car and you weren't there to witness any of it.

I judge you based on what you've written and what you've written (inciting people to leave misleading feedback) shows you have poor ethics at best. Continuing to try to convince us that your actions are somehow righteous tells me that you have no ethics.

That's pretty laughable given that you are advocating destroying his business before there has been a chance for the matter to be fully resolved.

Your free to wish his business be ruined all day long, I have no problem with that. The problem arises because you are taking an active role in ruining his business when he and his company has not harmed you in any way.

Similarly I can wish for him to have many sleepless nights in the gutter, but the difference is that I take no action to see it actually come to pass.

Actually it's not. The OP is giving a fine lesson on how to deal with the situation, I suggest you take notes and learn something.

I certainly don't, but that's exactly because of internet trolls like yourself as well as the ratings/ranking gaming that goes on. I know they are useless.

Last edited by Underblu; 03-11-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:10 PM
brutus143
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ccapx
I would only add, shop owner has done exactly 0 to help with the process and again it's on me. BTW you guys will love this, the first adjuster who looked at the car came back with a bid using aluminum body parts and hood. Also missed about half the front clip parts needed for a fix. SMH. Other adjuster had a "substantially" higher bid (I have not seen the $$). Still hasn't been on a celette to measure yet. I also want to thank Brutus for the 90th time on adjuster tips. Also Billy Walkowiak, seriously if anyone ever gets in a wreck and needs to haggle, he is the best value I've maybe ever seen.... Invaluable. Onward.
You're very welcome, some adjuster are at a complete lops looking at a Toyota never mind a gt3rs
Old 03-11-2017, 07:28 PM
brutus143
Instructor

I'm guessing he's not talking as directed by someone, but he needs to be begging the insurance company to do the right thing and total the car asap! The longer this drags one, the more likely he won't have a business any longer
Old 03-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Why should the car be considered totaled?

Most of the car was untouched. Unless there is serious hidden damage, I believe he is going to have to have the car repaired. The only issue is whether he will be compensated for diminution of value as a result of the accident.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
If a teacher molests a child...
That you think this is somehow analogous to a shop accidentally damaging a vehicle is beyond disturbing.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Update: Damage estimate is coming in very material, far higher than my initial estimate. Carbon fiber is really expensive. The more we dig into the car, the more shenanigans we have found in regards to what happened and how everyone behaved after the car was damaged. More to come but this is progressing.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop