Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 01:59 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ocgarza

1. To the RL detective team that hit the streets to help cCapX - bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
2. To the Google map gurus that helped plot the route of this joy ride - bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
3. For the FB fanatics that found incriminating evidence of malfesence - bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
4. For the insurance insiders who are helping cCapX as we speak - bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
5. For RLers who used humor, satire and and other techniques to relieve the tension on this thread, bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
6. For cCapX who still endures this stranger-than-fiction nightmare with civility and class, much to the benefit of his wife and dog, I'll toss down two single malts for you.
7. Damn it, where did all my single malt go?
Best post so far
Boy you must be S#$% faced by now ...
Old 03-10-2017, 02:34 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Delete

Last edited by drdonger; 03-23-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:31 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm loss for words. This owner should be...... I'm a pretty patient guy but this is just crazy. Social media will eventually shut him down.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:12 AM
napoleon1981
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
There's a guy local that said he saw it happen and took this pic.

-Jason
Jesus, I was just thinking about taking my 996 turbo there for an alignment....................
Old 03-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,414 Likes on 816 Posts

yelp review posted. This guy shouldn't be working on anyone's cars any longer.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Speef- exactly in these diminished value fights you do get loss of use at equivalent daily rate. We are obviously pushing that. So Diminished Value + Loss of Use + Damage should be a big number (the DV is the hardest argument to prove out, and they will likely fight here) but loss of use and damage is straightforward. Mjones- On these cars Porsche will only release parts to certified porsche repair shop. I'm looking at moving the car to K&M Collision in North Carolina if we have to tear the car down to get accurate damage assesment, it may or may not come to that, just the parts replacement is close $90K before labor (those are the numbers I have seen, many numbers I have not seen once the adjuster fixed "carbon fiber" for aluminum).
Old 03-10-2017, 10:14 AM
mikemessi
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
We should all leave the shop owner negative Google and Yelp reviews. Hope his business goes down the drain for not doing the right thing and paying for your diminished losses.
Been following this thread and agree 100% with OP and hope things are made right. But to give a business a review you haven't been to based on social media is wrong. This thread is enough and anybody who Google searches the business will come across it. Also the Jalopnik article. No sympathy in my eyes for the shop but 2 wrongs dont make a right.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:27 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

delete

Last edited by drdonger; 03-23-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:54 AM
mikemessi
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Forums are a place for "word of mouth" to spread. A journal article gets written for things that are over the top like this case (Jalopnik). Business reviews on Yelp, Google, Angies List, etc are supposed to be specifically for patrons who have direct experience with the business and they usually specifically state that. 1,000 negative or positive reviews for a business should not be all because of the experience of 1 customer. It is misleading. What if another guy had a great experience there so to counter act all the negative reviews he gets 1000 friends to write a fake positive review? See how it all falls apart and becomes meaningless then?
Old 03-10-2017, 11:28 AM
12mpg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed, You should have a used the vendor to submit a review.

Originally Posted by mikemessi
Forums are a place for "word of mouth" to spread. A journal article gets written for things that are over the top like this case (Jalopnik). Business reviews on Yelp, Google, Angies List, etc are supposed to be specifically for patrons who have direct experience with the business and they usually specifically state that. 1,000 negative or positive reviews for a business should not be all because of the experience of 1 customer. It is misleading. What if another guy had a great experience there so to counter act all the negative reviews he gets 1000 friends to write a fake positive review? See how it all falls apart and becomes meaningless then?
I agree! What he did here was very wrong and a mistake was made. We've all done something that makes a customer unhappy(not wreck his GT3 unhappy). If the business if going to be hurt, it should be hurt by the OP's review, not a review from 100 Rennlist Mercenaries.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:32 AM
buddalun
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 56 Posts

Ccpax - I really appreciate your temperament and approach - I have learned a great deal from you and others in this thread. Thank you for sharing this horrible account.

I am livid and will be sharing this with all of my networks.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I agree but the grey area tells me that for a lot of owners its their "pride and joy" so its not like a mini van that can be replaced easily. It goes deeper than that
Old 03-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Lahainabry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, You are definitely taking the high road, good on you. I don't think I would be as kind. Especially knowing this was a "joy ride" not just an accident.
Good luck in the battle.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:01 PM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I have to admit
I know I am probably getting a little carried away with this, but I can't stop thinking what a complete POS this guy is....
He is a car aficionados worst nightmare
A total disregard for someone else's property
I wouldn't give this guy, a bike tire to patch...
I don't know how someone could take their car to this guy after all this has come out .. ??
This was not just a one time digression for him....
Sorry, but no sympathy for this guy and I, as a one time business owner, you would never wish that someone's business would fail, but for this guy, I just can't shed a tear ...
So sorry to Ccapx
Wish you the best bud
Regards
Ed
I feel for the perps family but he deserves to be the guy in the pit at Jiffy Lube.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Tom Truong
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a terrible thing happened an hope it gets sorted out fair and just

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop