Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 10:09 PM
speef
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
My shop has two buildings full of expensive race cars and was the crew on a couple winning Rolex 24 teams so I doubt my car is much temptation to them. No idea when they'd have time to joyride all those cars in between getting them ready for races.
You are lucky

My Porsche guys are die-hard gear heads, factory trained who spend weekends prepping their own cars for the track... to be honest I would lose respect if they treated my rides with full respect... and I don't mind... they are top notch... if they crash them, they buy them... had many Porsches with them over the years... do I trust them to service and upgrade? absolutely... do I trust them not to drive my car hard? hell no...
Old 03-08-2017, 10:19 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by speef
You are lucky

My Porsche guys are die-hard gear heads, factory trained who spend weekends prepping their own cars for the track... to be honest I would lose respect if they treated my rides with full respect... and I don't mind... they are top notch... if they crash them, they buy them... had many Porsches with them over the years... do I trust them to service and upgrade? absolutely... do I trust them not to drive my car hard? hell no...
I am lucky. It's also the closest shop to my house and I'm a bit lazy/busy so would take my car to your shop instead of mine if it happened to be 20 minutes closer to my house. Just so happens these guys are right around the corner.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:24 PM
speef
Racer

Originally Posted by tonymission
I am lucky. It's also the closest shop to my house and I'm a bit lazy/busy so would take my car to your shop instead of mine if it happened to be 20 minutes closer to my house. Just so happens these guys are right around the corner.
you sound exactly like me...
Old 03-08-2017, 10:31 PM
speef
Racer

anyway, our Gt3 guy is in good company - wear it proudly !

http://jalopnik.com/5833174/mechanic...00-ferrari-f40
Old 03-08-2017, 10:33 PM
speef
Racer

and it could be worse

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/gon...icle-1.1843311
Old 03-08-2017, 10:54 PM
TheSilverFox
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
And regarding all the "just stroke a cheque" commentary...maybe he can't just stroke a cheque for a quarter-million dollars
If you can't stroke the check don't stroke the gas pedal. Or more to the point, don't mash the gas pedal on a public street with nannies turned off.

One thing my dad taught me early in life, you broke it you bought it. If you can't afford it don't mess with it. Pretty simple.

Kudos to the owner for being a class act throughout this soap opera and for the Rennlist community for helping with details and information. As more information has emerged on this it was clearly not just an "accident".
Old 03-09-2017, 12:01 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the shop still open and operating, "business as usual"?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:04 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have read this thread from the post no 1 now and have to recall my previous words. This folk's business should be folded now. Sorry! It was not just one time accident what I thought it was.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:20 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,485 Likes on 2,819 Posts

Posted 6 months ago:

"Visited BHR as a potential customer to get copies of previous service records for one of my cars at the end of the day. I was appalled to watch three employees talk about which customer car they were going to drive to a local bar and watched them leave. If this is how they respect their customers property I will not be back."

http://www.pcarshops.com/missouri/bob-hindson-racing
Old 03-09-2017, 01:01 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Terrible nightmare story.
Last yr I'm at the Gulf station down the street from my local Porsche dealer, not in my Porsche. What happened next appalled me.
Guys from the dealer typically bring the new cars here to prep/gas them up, in white sticker coverings right off the truck. Two guys in Porsche mechanics shirts came in each driving a pair of brand new CaymanRs. I noticed because they came in kinda fast, I guess they were prepping the cars, they gassed them up, slopping gas all over the fenders, roughly took all the protective foam/coverings off the cars, then each proceeded to do hard/redline launches in the freaking gas station, then peeled off back to the dealership!
I immediately called the sales manager who's a friend of mine and informed him of his employees behavior. They were reprimanded, should've been fired. Unbelievable treatment of customers (sold)custom ordered cars. I would've been livid if it was my car.
Being from kc, I'm familiar with bhr, I wouldn't take my bicycle to him.
Good luck to the op.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:39 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

I have to admit
I know I am probably getting a little carried away with this, but I can't stop thinking what a complete POS this guy is....
He is a car aficionados worst nightmare
A total disregard for someone else's property
I wouldn't give this guy, a bike tire to patch...
I don't know how someone could take their car to this guy after all this has come out .. ??
This was not just a one time digression for him....
Sorry, but no sympathy for this guy and I, as a one time business owner, you would never wish that someone's business would fail, but for this guy, I just can't shed a tear ...
So sorry to Ccapx
Wish you the best bud
Regards
Ed
Old 03-09-2017, 02:40 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSilverFox
If you can't stroke the check don't stroke the gas pedal. Or more to the point, don't mash the gas pedal on a public street with nannies turned off.

One thing my dad taught me early in life, you broke it you bought it. If you can't afford it don't mess with it. Pretty simple.

Kudos to the owner for being a class act throughout this soap opera and for the Rennlist community for helping with details and information. As more information has emerged on this it was clearly not just an "accident".
BINGO! My sentiments exactly... You have to pay to play...

If this d#$bass mechanic wants to launch a GT3 RS (or any car) all over town, cut a cheque, buy a car and go crazy. These people that he and his team have been disrespecting are his livelihood and he couldn't care less yet some on this forum are shedding a tear for him and his future, really??? Customers pay for your service- not for abuse, disrespect and destruction of their property. No excuses for this kind of behaviour and certainly no compassion for the unenviable position BHR have landed themselves in.

To the OP, I sincerely hope you get the outcome and resolution you deserve really soon! You have handled yourself admirably and deserve better than you have gotten from this low specimen of human life... I do hope you are paid every cent you're owed and more importantly that you find another RS of similar spec to make this situation right for you again

Last edited by 911rox; 03-09-2017 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:48 AM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

How sad and what a ***** GM.

They will be "good" for a couple weeks and then back to their same old ways as there was no real consequence for their actions.

Eddie

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Terrible nightmare story.
Last yr I'm at the Gulf station down the street from my local Porsche dealer, not in my Porsche. What happened next appalled me.
Guys from the dealer typically bring the new cars here to prep/gas them up, in white sticker coverings right off the truck. Two guys in Porsche mechanics shirts came in each driving a pair of brand new CaymanRs. I noticed because they came in kinda fast, I guess they were prepping the cars, they gassed them up, slopping gas all over the fenders, roughly took all the protective foam/coverings off the cars, then each proceeded to do hard/redline launches in the freaking gas station, then peeled off back to the dealership!
I immediately called the sales manager who's a friend of mine and informed him of his employees behavior. They were reprimanded, should've been fired. Unbelievable treatment of customers (sold)custom ordered cars. I would've been livid if it was my car.
Being from kc, I'm familiar with bhr, I wouldn't take my bicycle to him.
Good luck to the op.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:04 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
I get all the points but at the end it is just a stupid car. What matters is that no one was hurt by that reckless take-off or I should say skillless.
At the end insurance will cover the loss and I hope that the owner will be statisfied with the outcome.
And now go and think how many times you have done something not really smart that with a bit of bad luck could have changed into a nightmare.
I do speeding, reckless driving and other stupid things. All in my perception at acceptable risk. But I also know how much little it is required to screw yourself big time. You have never done it? Sure!
So guys don't play such virgins cause it's very easy to judge others.
You can't be serious.
1. While nobody was hurt, against what you are claiming, the insurance process is not so easy.
2. Yes, everyone does stupid ****, but if you must, do it with YOUR ****, not with the belongings of others, especially if you are being PAID to take care of it.
3. Again...people choose to do stupid stuff all the time - the difference is that it is done with OUR ****, not with others, especially, when they are paying customers.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

I can't believe anyone would defend this shop owner or give him a pass. This appears to be a pattern (not a one-off occurrence) of disrespectful and blatant disregard for other people's property and the well-being of other drivers and pedestrians as they speed around trashing customer's cars.

Hope his shop folds and any innocent employees find gainful employment at a reputable shop. They can move to DFW. I know of several good speed shops in need of solid employees and engineers.

Best of luck to the OP in getting fully reimbursed and made whole.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop