Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Hulley
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I wonder is the shop owner is aware of this thread and the story in Jalopnik. I would be sick knowing the publicity my dumbass actions are getting.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulley
I wonder is the shop owner is aware of this thread and the story in Jalopnik. I would be sick knowing the publicity my dumbass actions are getting.
Jalopnik said they reached out to them for comment. So I'm sure they know now.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Kaychub
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OP, I admire your attitude through this ordeal, wishing you all the best and I pray everything works out in your favor.....do keep us posted!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:25 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
I can't believe anyone would defend this shop owner or give him a pass. This appears to be a pattern (not a one-off occurrence) of disrespectful and blatant disregard for other people's property and the well-being of other drivers and pedestrians as they speed around trashing customer's cars.

Hope his shop folds and any innocent employees find gainful employment at a reputable shop. They can move to DFW. I know of several good speed shops in need of solid employees and engineers.

Best of luck to the OP in getting fully reimbursed and made whole.
Exactly, he shouldn't get any slack.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Ccapx, best of luck with getting this resolved. Absolutely unforgivable.

In the old days, before he "retired" to an upstate NY "facility", my Uncle Nunzio had ways of fixing this sort of behavior.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I would only add, shop owner has done exactly 0 to help with the process and again it's on me. BTW you guys will love this, the first adjuster who looked at the car came back with a bid using aluminum body parts and hood. Also missed about half the front clip parts needed for a fix. SMH. Other adjuster had a "substantially" higher bid (I have not seen the $$). Still hasn't been on a celette to measure yet. I also want to thank Brutus for the 90th time on adjuster tips. Also Billy Walkowiak, seriously if anyone ever gets in a wreck and needs to haggle, he is the best value I've maybe ever seen.... Invaluable. Onward.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:49 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Unfortunately the leverage against the shop is now mostly gone, other then of course that they should do the right thing. But his business is toast and that's what he is guarding now. He isn't worried about making sure you have a great customer experience anymore.

Hope that your insurance company does right by you and that's where this seriously emotional time waster ends as far as you're concerned.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:00 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccapx
I would only add, shop owner has done exactly 0 to help with the process and again it's on me.
Despicable.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I would only add, shop owner has done exactly 0 to help with the process and again it's on me.
But shop owner is 100% to blame for this mess. Makes you hope he gets what's coming to him in the long run.

http://jalopnik.com/shop-owner-smash...-in-1792973207
Old 03-09-2017, 08:17 PM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

I would only add, shop owner has done exactly 0 to help with the process and again it's on me. BTW you guys will love this, the first adjuster who looked at the car came back with a bid using aluminum body parts and hood. Also missed about half the front clip parts needed for a fix. SMH. Other adjuster had a "substantially" higher bid (I have not seen the $$). Still hasn't been on a celette to measure yet. I also want to thank Brutus for the 90th time on adjuster tips. Also Billy Walkowiak, seriously if anyone ever gets in a wreck and needs to haggle, he is the best value I've maybe ever seen.... Invaluable. Onward.
btw I'm sure you know this but diminution of value claims - among other things -entitle you to a daily rental fee equivalent for your gt3rs, in this case I assume it's $2-3k a day... so if the car is in the shop for 1-2 months, which is likely depending on component availability etc it adds up ...
Old 03-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 574 Likes on 217 Posts

Ccapx. as others have said. I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction but even a brand new GT3RS will not alleviate the aggravation and time you've had to go through dealing with this BS.

I sometimes think I'm paranoid. I wouldnt go for expel during the break-in period because I kept having visions of the installer taking my Spyder for a quick spin and hitting the redline.

This is a full on nightmare. Imagine how often this is done by certain shops without a crash. Frankly, I can't believe there isn't some criminal liability if the owner actually drove the car abusively hard for 4 hours.

It would be bad enough if he took the car for a short test drive and behaved recklessly but 4 hours of this BS is beyond just bad judgement.

I hope you get justice.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:32 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

This isn't laying a scratch in some guys mustang getting an oil change at the filling station, this is a 1/4mil car!!! ( which I wouldn't be modding at all anyways, but that's another story)
Old 03-09-2017, 10:52 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Make sure you use a Porsche Approved repair facility

Eveland Brothers Body Shop
7200 W Frontage Rd.
Merriam, KS 66203

SCA APPRAISAL COMPANY (CALL 800-572-8010)
http://www.sca-appraisal.com/appraisal-services

is used by Bob Moore Porsche Oklahoma City and is very good
Old 03-10-2017, 01:29 AM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

1. To the RL detective team that hit the streets to help cCapX - bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
2. To the Google map gurus that helped plot the route of this joy ride - bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
3. For the FB fanatics that found incriminating evidence of malfesence - bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
4. For the insurance insiders who are helping cCapX as we speak - bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
5. For RLers who used humor, satire and and other techniques to relieve the tension on this thread, bravo! I'll toss down a single malt for you tonight.
6. For cCapX who still endures this stranger-than-fiction nightmare with civility and class, much to the benefit of his wife and dog, I'll toss down two single malts for you.
7. Damn it, where did all my single malt go?
Old 03-10-2017, 01:44 AM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Thats gonna be a "singular" hangover

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS Wrecked while at Speed Shop