Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 08:54 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Sweet ride. Please post pic/opinion of C8 when you get to drive so that we can get that thread moved back where it belongs.....
if someone lends me a c8 for a throttledog review i'll drive it. real question is what kind of ride quality and steering quality it will have. mid engine cars are great- I have owned a bunch of them but outside of Porsche or the LT's, CGT, and NSX 91-94, most of them have really wonky steering.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:09 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
if someone lends me a c8 for a throttledog review i'll drive it. real question is what kind of ride quality and steering quality it will have. mid engine cars are great- I have owned a bunch of them but outside of Porsche or the LT's, CGT, and NSX 91-94, most of them have really wonky steering.
CJ, you have lots of seat time in many brands. Curious your thoughts on the 675LT? I’m sill learning the car, and not ready to track yet getting use to the feel. So far seems very capable what’s your thoughts?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:34 PM
M. Beckenbauer
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sweet! Looks Cool!

Also deleted from my signature on RL 2 months ago I think- maybe 3?

No matter- not sure how people seem to constantly snipe about this type of thing. I sold my 2019 GT3RS too- helped me afford my heritage FGT. Attachment 1306704

If anyone has ever paid any attention to my personal car collection, they'll see that the only rule is that I like cool cars. No other rules apply. Will probably keep the P1 forever, but anything else is potentially replaceable by a better version, more important version etc.

Unless I end up with what I consider pantheon cars, there will always be a newer GT3/LT or something that will be fun while its fun then gets sold.
Good Lord, sweet lookin ride. Thoughts on the FGT?
Old 07-26-2019, 08:13 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

^Maverick787...I had to pleasure of doing a lap with CJ @ Buttonwillow in his 675LT. Let's start with CJ is a great driver. I was blown away with the car and its capabilities.

Additionally, the 675LT is a great looking car. Big fan!
The following users liked this post:
Maverick787 (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 09:41 AM
jgorscak
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts

I second the 675. Amazing car and very capable. Dare I say one of the most exciting cars I've ever owned.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:48 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
CJ, you have lots of seat time in many brands. Curious your thoughts on the 675LT? I’m sill learning the car, and not ready to track yet getting use to the feel. So far seems very capable what’s your thoughts?
The 675LT is one of the most enjoyable road cars ever made. Incredible grip, power, steering, and brakes. Ride quality is a 4/5 in most cases but the other attributes are 5/5.

Only weakness of the car is the turning circle but it provides better on limit and on center steering feedback than any modern car- without gimmicks of rear steer.

That all being said -in all mclarens the best lap times are "tidy handed" unlike Porsche where your best lap times will be "busy handed".
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 10:56 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

The 675LT is one of the most enjoyable road cars ever made. Incredible grip, power, steering, and brakes. Ride quality is a 4/5 in most cases but the other attributes are 5/5.

Only weakness of the car is the turning circle but it provides better on limit and on center steering feedback than any modern car- without gimmicks of rear steer.

That all being said -in all mclarens the best lap times are "tidy handed" unlike Porsche where your best lap times will be "busy handed".
Thanks man .....yes the turn radios is awful but steering is very tight and precise. Going to take it out now for about 100 miles just to learn the car a little more. It’s actually one of the best cars I’ve driven power to weight ratio, and not sure I need to go faster(:
Old 07-26-2019, 11:23 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

CJ, have you compared a 488 to your other mid-engine drives?
Old 07-26-2019, 03:23 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I have to disagree, especially with the highlighted portion above.
Robert, I drove the GT3 into the office this morning and was thinking that there is no way the C8 will compare to it. The steering, handling, engine and sounds it makes when you are over 4k RMP, the overall polish and engineering - until I sit and drive the C8 and have a chance to really compare, you're probably right. The GT3 is worth every penny and, compared to other models like the GTS and Turbo, it is a better value.

Dan (has 30k+ miles and is happy every day he gets to drive the GT3)
Old 07-26-2019, 04:27 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Robert, I drove the GT3 into the office this morning and was thinking that there is no way the C8 will compare to it. The steering, handling, engine and sounds it makes when you are over 4k RMP, the overall polish and engineering - until I sit and drive the C8 and have a chance to really compare, you're probably right. The GT3 is worth every penny and, compared to other models like the GTS and Turbo, it is a better value.

Dan (has 30k+ miles and is happy every day he gets to drive the GT3)
Tough to say before driving a C8, or at least getting impressions from some of the usual trusted sources. The GT cars are amazing, they'll be a tough hill to conquer, and zero chance the base C8 manages that.

I was considering selling my ACR to get a 675, but I still really like my ACR. Now I'm thinking of keeping the ACR and adding whatever the track version of the C8 is. Seems like the perfect American duo to me, and the experience won't overlap much between the two.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:12 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Co-sign on this.

Was this close to pulling the trigger on a 675LT.

It even sounds epic.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Co-sign on this.

Was this close to pulling the trigger on a 675LT.

It even sounds epic.
What happen ......I’ve looked at every one for sale .....good specs and a lot of flippers lost out. Saw one with less than 300 miles in FL.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:50 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Still looking at the 675LT really their best of the bunch, outside of the hypercars. I went to an MSO event last night and saw the new GT, very nice car with signif improvements to the interior and quality just seems to keep going up for the brand. The side air scoops seem to borrow a little bit from the Senna and quite a handsome car. Still love the P1 and looks like the Senna is massive in comparison. P1 I think will go down as one of the best looking cars and really holds up over time.....not so sure about the Senna. Really wish the 675LT borrowed a little more from the P1 but as the last hurray of the old carbon chassis I guess that's a big ask. The one thing I will say is that Mclaren really appreciates their customers and offer pretty much anything with the MSO program very impressive. I would have loved to get an 675LT MSO HS or the one off 675R
Old 07-26-2019, 08:31 PM
carrera911me
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

All the talking about Mclaren got me into a 600LT... when in Rome! Looked at the 720s and 675LT but this seems to fit the bill in terms of simplicity and rawness. Simplicity meaning the suspension is your traditional suspension vs the 720s and 675LT setup and the simple dashboard. The shifts are super fast, lots power on tap, and very fun and easy to drive. You just know that the car is light by the way it handles.. the feeling is there and very tossable. I still have my 991.1 but it's beginning to be driven less.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by carrera911me
All the talking about Mclaren got me into a 600LT... when in Rome! Looked at the 720s and 675LT but this seems to fit the bill in terms of simplicity and rawness. Simplicity meaning the suspension is your traditional suspension vs the 720s and 675LT setup and the simple dashboard. The shifts are super fast, lots power on tap, and very fun and easy to drive. You just know that the car is light by the way it handles.. the feeling is there and very tossable. I still have my 991.1 but it's beginning to be driven less.
Im really tempted to get the 600LT. Insane lease deals right now too. So close to trading my gt3 and it feels better hearing from other guys that have the 600, that it’s such a good car.

Quick Reply: McLaren Success