Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree, except it was Groucho Marx ;-)
Old 12-29-2017, 11:17 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,878 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
What I find interesting is how few people on here in the US have confirmed their allocations. Who has them all? Dealers? The majority of VIPs who never comment on this forum? Or, are the allocations that rare? Or, are people keeping their allocations to themselves and not letting people know they have them?
European allocations getting filled first to get them out before regulatory change. Only US allocations to date that I'm aware of have gone to PMNA customers and a smattering of VIP's. Real US allocations will start in 1Q18.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:54 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,250 Likes on 610 Posts

My 918 VIP's build is 6/2018, I see another in my system so far.

I have limited visibility beyond that in the PVMS system for other GT cars (showing a few) but we are scheduled to see an allocation data release in January for April-June build slots.

I have been offered 10-25 GT2RS slots with fun comments like
"We have to dance around title"
"Restricted car so you have to sell to end user"
"These are impossible but the dealer has one to sell and wants to get all the money"
"We can just LLC it"

These are from dealers and brokers, not customers.

And heard from one buyer
"I bought one at 150ADM, should I buy a 2nd?"

I lol'd there.

Some guys are willing to pay 450-500k because they see it as "Porsche's Ford GT" and think "it could go up from there too right?"

IPSE said- not a lot of people can truly afford 300k cars. I think it's much more complicated than that but if you are stretching for a 350k car you should not get it. Are there 1000 guys in USA that can plop 350 on a GT2RS? Totally. I mean- Bentley and Rolls and Lambo and McLaren and Ferrari sell tons (as a group) every year. The mob is hungry.

But this whole "sure thing" car gig is a ponzi scheme. Someone will take a bath by over extending for a 2nd/3rd/4th car.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,878 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

But this whole "sure thing" car gig is a ponzi scheme. Someone will take a bath by over extending for a 2nd/3rd/4th car.
Truth
Old 12-29-2017, 01:38 PM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by frangt2rs
I don t understand why few people here say that there will be more gt2 rs compare to the demand... etc Here in France there were 5 gt2 rs for sale at 150 k € over msrp on internet and all have been sold... One guy proposed me 150 k over msrp and an other 200 k over msrp for my gt2rs.
And honestly I don t know why those guys are paying 150 ~ 200 k over msrp if Porsche will make so many cars 😂 They are really crazy...
Yes they will produce around 2000 cars but the demand is just hugeeeee. ( fastest Porsche, fastest car in the world on the track, certenly the last gt2 rs without electric help..... etc ).
ohhh French Gt2 rs nice same as me 😎
where are you located in France?
do you plan to use it on track?
Old 12-29-2017, 02:33 PM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEB74

ohhh French Gt2 rs nice same as me 😎
where are you located in France?
do you plan to use it on track?
Ah un Français! Cool !
Je suis de Bretagne. Et vous ?
Ce qui est sur c est qu on va rouler avec régulièrement 🙂 Mais la piste on ne sait pas pour le moment... on en a envie mais quand on a 500 000 euros entre les mains ca fait réfléchir... 😪 C est le probleme des voitures aussi chère pour le circuit.

Vous allez avoir un PTS ??
Old 12-29-2017, 02:41 PM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Moi aussi suis Français
what is your config frangt2rs ?
Old 12-29-2017, 02:54 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That is one of the best ideas that I have ever heard. Do you mind making a call over to PCNA to go over it step-by-step? haha

Yeah, I'm also puzzled why there aren't more people on here who have gotten an allocation. I'm sure there won't be as many allocations as GT3s or GT3RSs but it seems like there are less of these around than 991Rs. I suspect that many dealers are holding their allocations hostage in hopes of getting big ADMs to make it appear that there is a very limited supply of GT2RSs.

I might just do that when I run into Klaus and Joe from PCNA at Geneva. But what's in it for me, not my fight as PCNA doesn't control my market Perhaps a little 'ADM' going my way?
Old 12-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

I have limited visibility beyond that in the PVMS system for other GT cars (showing a few) but we are scheduled to see an allocation data release in January for April-June build slots.

"These are impossible but the dealer has one to sell and wants to get all the money"
"We can just LLC it"

And heard from one buyer

I lol'd there.

Some guys are willing to pay 450-500k because they see it as "Porsche's Ford GT" and think "it could go up from there too right?"

IPSE said- not a lot of people can truly afford 300k cars. I think it's much more complicated than that but if you are stretching for a 350k car you should not get it. Are there 1000 guys in USA that can plop 350 on a GT2RS? Totally. I mean- Bentley and Rolls and Lambo and McLaren and Ferrari sell tons (as a group) every year. The mob is hungry.

I think I know who your 918 VIP is

Anyway, as you said there are tons of people who can afford 350k+ exotics, but most of these people are having such a car as their 4th, 5th, 6th, 20th toy. But a 350k Porsche? For some they don't even need to think about it, just write a check and be done with it.

But there are others who need to carefully think it through first, they are thinking the 350k Porsche will be one that they can drive for 'free', hence the rush to get in on it. These are the ones that's 'stretching'.

Btw, my car is a May production, the earliest I have heard of a PCNA car slot is March
Old 12-29-2017, 03:54 PM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
Moi aussi suis Français
wow on va finir par faire un club 😎

pas de pts car 6mois de plus, j’ai pris full black en weissach
voici ma chaine yt elle va passer 80% du temps au nurburgring

au plaisir de se rencontrer on track 😜
Old 12-29-2017, 06:02 PM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by SEB74

wow on va finir par faire un club 😎

pas de pts car 6mois de plus, j’ai pris full black en weissach
voici ma chaine yt elle va passer 80% du temps au nurburgring
https://youtu.be/QnwR1pgyJAw

au plaisir de se rencontrer on track 😜
Je devais prendre la même si je n avais pas de PTS elle est magnifique !
Etant donné que moi ca n allait pas retarder l arrivée de ma gt2rs j ai pris un PTS et j ai été au bout du délire : Acid green 😁

J aimerais bien vous rencontrer on track mais je sais pas si j aurais les couilles d y aller... je suis un grand passionne mais j'ai encore pas mal à apprendre en pilotage...
Old 12-29-2017, 06:05 PM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
Moi aussi suis Français
Salut ! La mienne c est pack weissach , PTS acid green intérieur noir surpiqûres acid green, jante satiné et étrier acid green.
Et vous ?
Old 12-29-2017, 06:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
I might just do that when I run into Klaus and Joe from PCNA at Geneva. But what's in it for me, not my fight as PCNA doesn't control my market Perhaps a little 'ADM' going my way?
How about for a few beers on me next time you are in CA or Vegas?
Old 12-29-2017, 06:23 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

"We can just LLC it"

And heard from one buyer

I lol'd there.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. Most of the allocations out in the US are VIP, VVIP, and good PMNA customers which makes it seem like this car will be limited. Hope PCNA doles out a lot of allocations in 1Q 2018 to stop this stupidity.

Btw, you should have told that broker....yeah dude, this car can't miss...get that next allocation for $150k over. haha
Old 12-29-2017, 07:02 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
How about for a few beers on me next time you are in CA or Vegas?

I think I like you enough that I won't pour beer ON you!

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS