Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 11:33 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Hey, I hear you.. My bro's spec was $400k+ CAD..lol Why a dealer would not want that $ is beyond me.. he is also UHNW, so doing business would be beneficial for them, not only future business but referrals..
That said, when speaking with my dealer principle it did seem as though the limitation was from porsche directly...

918 owner Whoopsy, has been kind enough to share some insider info and has publicly stated that they won't be limited and I certainly hope that he is correct (once again) Now I know you don't see eye-to-eye, with 918 owners, but from my experience, he (whoopsy) seems to have always been spot on when sharing with this community.

I'm staying positive until I get the official "no" from my dealer. (for the sake of being able to drive this beast.. lol)
Agree Whoopsy does share well and I give you credit as patience is a virtue that some don't have - if the local dealer took my name it would be one thing but to say unless you are prepared to spend 150 - 250k ADM ... no thanks today or any other time. Spoke with other dealers and they are taking names but no deposits.

I could be wrong - but my guess is Porsche is building a limited amount of 2RS and they prefer putting them in hands they deem important / capable the whole thing seems more focussed on marketing than actual sales.

Best of luck!
Old 09-28-2017, 11:53 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist hre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
I think McLaren said that they don't want to contribute to the Ring time mania.
damn broken 8 magic ball
Mc Ring
or Mc Motorsport...

they are there but
it s a secret...

Old 09-29-2017, 06:21 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by br911

Also, interesting to see how good Porsche engineering is - Just a couple of years ago, Godzilla tried to compete with whatever Porsches at the Ring. Now they don't even try anymore, it seems.
Come again? In 2013 Nissan had a Nismo go round in 7:09. That was a time considerably faster than any 911 managed until now. now there's a target to aim at, it would not be a surprise if Nissan did indeed try getting there ahead again.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:05 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 470 Posts

I am patiently waiting on news of an allocation. My dealer called a few days back after a discussion with Porsche and said they were hopefully going to able a fulfill my request, so fingers crossed. Not sure what to think, I was told 991.1 RS would be impossible to order, yet I got one and have been slogging away all summer at various tracks. Was told GT3.2 was impossible, yet picking mine up in Leipzig next week.

After watching the the ring video, its going to be different driving experience isnt it? I love how my NA RS just shrieks at redline my god its such an amazing sensation and sound. People I pass on track come up afterwards just to tell me how awesome it sounds. The new 2RS obviously doesnt sound as good with the Turbos and lower redline. One can only hope its offset by the massive torque boost coming out of the turns thats missing from the 3RS. Hopefully will find out someday!
Old 09-29-2017, 08:41 AM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
I am patiently waiting on news of an allocation. My dealer called a few days back after a discussion with Porsche and said they were hopefully going to able a fulfill my request, so fingers crossed. Not sure what to think, I was told 991.1 RS would be impossible to order, yet I got one and have been slogging away all summer at various tracks. Was told GT3.2 was impossible, yet picking mine up in Leipzig next week.

After watching the the ring video, its going to be different driving experience isnt it? I love how my NA RS just shrieks at redline my god its such an amazing sensation and sound. People I pass on track come up afterwards just to tell me how awesome it sounds. The new 2RS obviously doesnt sound as good with the Turbos and lower redline. One can only hope its offset by the massive torque boost coming out of the turns thats missing from the 3RS. Hopefully will find out someday!
It won't sound as good as a GT3, but you can straight pipe it and make it sound better.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:49 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Seems like PMNA has given out more GT2RS allocation to non-VIP Rennlist folks than dealerships. haha
Buy a couple factory race cars from PMNA and you can be a VIP too...

Originally Posted by br911
Nice to read that PMNA is distributing allocations - seems like a good way to reward some strong client relationships. Some dealers might be upset, since PMNA is reducing the number of allocations available to be sold to highest bidder regardless of history with Porsche. Am I reading this correctly? Is PÁG finally doing something about ADMs?
It would be interesting if Motorsport ended up controlling all the allocations although I don't think the dealers would stand for it in the end. That said, I trust PAG has by now sorted that it's more the dealers causing the problems here in the US than the buyers.

One thing's for sure, this car is more race car than anything PAG has unleashed on the general public since the Carrera GT. Check out how stiffly sprung it is at 0:43 and 0:56 in the video. Between that and the fully rose-jointed suspension it's not going to be the cushy ride the current 3RS is. And I think that's glorious!

Old 09-29-2017, 10:42 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by isv
Come again? In 2013 Nissan had a Nismo go round in 7:09. That was a time considerably faster than any 911 managed until now. now there's a target to aim at, it would not be a surprise if Nissan did indeed try getting there ahead again.
It was not the car available to the public. There were extensive modifications. The following is an excerpt from an article in 2013.

Earlier in the week we brought you the news that the incredible Nissan GT-R NISMO had lapped the Nurburgring in 7 minutes and 8 seconds, just 11 seconds slower than the Porsche 918. Well it turns out that it kind of didn't. The original press release did state that the car used featured 'track options', which included 'aerodynamics tuning, weight reduction, and suspension tuning'. It turns out that this also includes 'bigger spoilers for more downforce, different dampers and brake pads, bucket seats that contributed to a significant 50kg weight saving and a new ECU map.'

Now Nissan weren't necessarily hiding this fact, and these parts will be made available to customers, but PistonHeads spoke to NISMO engineers, who confessed that the car had also been specifically tuned for the Nurburgring. This is significant as, for example, the 'Ring car's dampers are actually softer than standard, to aid the car around the bumpy circuit. This is another example of just how pointless Nurburgring lap times are as they are completely unregulated. Nissan made bold claims that it broke the lap record for 'a volume production car' - it won't ship engineers to fine-tune your car for the environment in which you'll be hooning, so it's not really the 'volume production car', is it? That being said, the GT-R NISMO looks like a badass. Even without the fine-tuning, the 600bhp V6 sounds like an incredible package.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:49 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Im interested to see the tire budget for these cars from the fast guys who will regularly track this car

my car goes through rears pretty quickly (R7s, Trofeo Rs) and it only has 325 ft-lbs

with the extra weight of turbos and plumbing over the rear wheels, all that extra torque and HP, rear wheel steering, PTV, etc

but them again guys spending $300k + probably have a little extra 💰sitting around for fresh tires every event
Old 09-29-2017, 10:49 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Last night PORSCHE Exchange introduced the TURBO S "Exclusive Series." The dealership provided the invitees a very wonderful treat and reception. PORSCHE Exchange is one of fourteen "Exclusive Manufaktur" dealerships, here in the USA for PORSCHE customized requests.

Few tidbits I heard is that the GT2RS actually may not arrive until summer or late summer here in the USA, No exact word on production numbers they will produce other than PORSCHE will attempt to satisfy the demand based on capacity (old news). Some of the pictures have some odd lighting as the laser show was ongoing when pictures were taken.

Saw the TURBO S "Exclusive Series" which was also used in the Goodwood Festival introduction. The car is simply stunning with all the carbon fiber appointments along with cool German craftsmanship and quality. Car has 11,860 miles on the clock and was informed this car will be put in the PORSCHE Museum. There will be 500 copies made worldwide and a little over 200 copies reaching here in the USA.

Saw the carbon fiber wheels and it is simply amazing. It is 20% stronger and lighter than standard wheels. I was informed it is US$15,500 for a set. PORSCHE can only make five sets a week so supply will be low as the demand will for sure be high on this cool wheel.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

11,860 on the clock.

Striping are on the front and rear seats, along with the headliner.

Lots of carbon fiber appointments.

Production car 000/500. This car will go to the PORSCHE Museum

The finish on the carbon fiber wheels are simply stunning.

Top notch quality and must have if you want to add a little more horsepower for your PORSCHE.

Simply gorgeous. Only 500 made worldwide.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:07 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Seems like tis the season for turbos. Wonder if they held back much with the 2RS performance-wise.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:34 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Seems like Porsche wants these first allocations to go to people that actually know how to drive...
Old 09-29-2017, 01:35 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,010 Likes on 2,835 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Seems like tis the season for turbos. Wonder if they held back much with the 2RS performance-wise.
If they had made an active rear wing (without drag on the long straight), I'm guessing this would have saved significant time.

For this generation, it obviously was not needed to meet their goals (nor using a turbocharged version of the 4.0L Dry Sump Motorsports engine).

Maybe they will deploy those things with 992 GT2 RS? Or maybe we will be deep into hybrid territory by then?
Old 09-29-2017, 02:05 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=GT3RS-Fan1;14505777]
Saw the carbon fiber wheels and it is simply amazing. It is 20% stronger and lighter than standard wheels. I was informed it is US$15,500 for a set. PORSCHE can only make five sets a week so supply will be low as the demand will for sure be high on this cool wheel.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

The carbon wheels are an extra $15,500, if you replace the normal Turbo S Exclusive wheels with them. Those wheels are themselves so special and unique that Porsche made a film about their production!

So, not sure how much standalone carbon wheel set will cost without an exclusive set to 'trade-in'...
Old 09-29-2017, 02:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,010 Likes on 2,835 Posts
Wink

delete

Last edited by GrantG; 09-29-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:27 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello Footsoldier, hope all is well. I realize the stock wheels are "special made" as the last process of the "Exclusive Series" rims are "Laser Etched." In person those wheels are simply gorgeous. I ordered the carbon fiber wheels as a spare set, since for that price considering how much Koenigsegg carbon fiber wheels cost, I thought that was a very reasonable price to pay. I have to say when I touched and carried this PORSCHE carbon fiber wheels, it is truly amazing and gorgeous.

I have no intentions of changing the original wheels of the Exclusive Series car. I had been informed this carbon fiber wheels will also fit the standard TURBO S cars. I asked my SA to check on the offset of the wheels as I intend to put this on my 911R. This would really be cool on the 911R to lessen more weight.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

[QUOTE=Footsoldier;14506224]
Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

The carbon wheels are an extra $15,500, if you replace the normal Turbo S Exclusive wheels with them. Those wheels are themselves so special and unique that Porsche made a film about their production!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVkI3K8Scc

So, not sure how much standalone carbon wheel set will cost without an exclusive set to 'trade-in'...
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS