Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:22 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
a pic. (with sofas (and a leaning number plate: "hey trainee, another GT2 came in... hurry up screw the numberplate-adapter on that thing - lets go out to skid and shred! ))

and some numbers:

to keep in mind the comparison against the 720s:

McLaren 720s
1.283 Kg
0-100 2,9/ 0-200 7,8/ 0-300 21,4sec

still i guess the GT2RS will be faster on any track. Porsche Magic.
but as soon there will be a 720 LT in two years; this will be the thing!
Then somebody may want to send McLaren HQ a picture of the meats on the back of the GT2RS. Clue them in on the fact that tires larger than 245/305's exist. Maybe they ran out with the P1...
Old 07-25-2017, 04:44 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Order book for the GT2RS for North American is not opened until March 2018
Ouch. What's the source?
Old 07-25-2017, 05:28 PM
GT288
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I miss?! I take off for a few days and I see nearly 20 pages lol my dealership still doesn't know anything...
Old 07-25-2017, 05:36 PM
JonA85
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

White spotted again.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:47 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White looks sharp in those shots. Very racecary
Old 07-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Catmagog
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

but Ferrari was never the fastest in real world testing.
i guess they will also not be with the 488SV/GTO/Speciale. It will be presented within Q3/2018 what i know.?

in EU you can buy already a 488 for exact the same price as a 991.1 GT3 RS.
keeps me thinking about... but yea... the NA love...

comparison of those two:
http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/1ct6zndtgn5l
if we compare HP+torque and the laptimes-advantage - again Porsche Magic...
Very true but since Lambo and Porsche use REAL world testing at the Ring, Ferrari will have to join them soon IMO. Ring time to some is the "real benchmark". 488SV will be presented in Geneva 2018 and available soon after.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:34 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
Ouch. What's the source?

Walliser at Goodwood. European cars have priority cause of the emission certificate.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:49 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,726 Likes on 5,123 Posts

still i guess the GT2RS will be faster on any track. Porsche Magic.
but as soon there will be a 720 LT in two years; this will be the thing!
I think the Porsche Magic in this case, at least vis-a-vis Mclaren, is the tires. Or, more specifically tire width.

Porsche GT cars are just over-tired, especially in comparison to McLarens.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:08 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Order book for the GT2RS for North American is not opened until March 2018 and production of North American cars doesn't start until May 2018 anyway.
Originally Posted by thegoat
Ouch. What's the source?
Walliser at Goodwood. European cars have priority cause of the emission certificate.
That's really interesting! My order demand is obviously in since day 1, but...

Does this imply regular (non-918 VIP) allocations won't hit dealers until ~3/2018?

If so, that's an incredibly long time from launch to formal ordering. Or perhaps my perception of time has skewed.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:12 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

You are just bitter that you passed up on the 918 and and lose access to specialty Porsche cars, like the so called money making 911R, and now at the mercy of your scumbag dealer.
I know this was directed at someone else, but, I am indeed bitter that I passed up on the 918 and lost access to guaranteed allocations.

Thankfully, for me, my dealer is not a scumbag dealer. But, they don't always get an allocation for me (for instance, they got zero 911 R's).

Everyone and their mother knew North American 918 customers will have first dib on anything, that's what the VIP program is for. A reward for Porsche's best customers that had faith in them with the car, great for bypassing those scumbag dealers.
I'm a die hard Porsche loyalist. I had incredible faith in the 918 Spyder. I drove it on the street and on the track courtesy of PCNA (when they were still struggling to sell all their allocs). I passed on it not because I am not a die hard Porsche loyalist and a great customer, but because the car didn't whisper magical things in my ear. I wouldn't drive it. It would sit for 3 years and get dusty. And that would've broken my heart.

Now, if the 918 Spyder was some super duper special 911? I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. Why? I'm a die hard Porsche 911 loyalist. Period. And I think that should be enough. Porsche is synonymous with the 911 -- not the 918 Spyder.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:21 AM
CanadaRS
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First GT2 RS in Vancouver.<br/>
Old 07-26-2017, 03:23 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaRS

First GT2 RS in Vancouver.<br/>

Nice garage!
Old 07-26-2017, 09:19 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

You are just bitter that you passed up on the 918 and and lose access to specialty Porsche cars, like the so called money making 911R, and now at the mercy of your scumbag dealer.

Everyone and their mother knew North American 918 customers will have first dib on anything, that's what the VIP program is for. A reward for Porsche's best customers that had faith in them with the car, great for bypassing those scumbag dealers. Trust me, the dealers hated the VIP program too, cause it takes away their ability to charge market adjustment on those customers.

PCNA's dealer network is the one at fault, not the 918 customers. They are the one that didn't communicate how many Rs are left for non-VIP customers cause they just want to flip them to their biggest whales.

Because of your laws, PCNA have no control over the dealers, unlike everywhere else in the world. Perhaps you should write to your Congressman about changing the laws.

As for the GT2RS, I am only getting one, why should I sell it to you? That doesn't make sense especially when I am not in the car flipping game, all the cars I got from the VIP program are still in the garage.

Order book for the GT2RS for North American is not opened until March 2018 and production of North American cars doesn't start until May 2018 anyway.
I am not a bitter person - my college roommate close friend owns a Porsche dealer out of town. I would never buy a 918 R or others the only reason I bought an RS NA track focussed street car - it's right in my wheel house vs a chameleon 918 that grandma can drive comfortably.

You are a wonderful poster here - you just don't like how others feel that are not 918 owners.

Do not claim Porsche can not do anything or I should with a letter both silly statements. Porsche has a point system that earns dealer rebates allocations and Premier status. Ferrari has been dealing with more customers than allocations for years Porsche is new to the game and they are handling it poorly - not up for discussion that's how I feel.

Porsche order books 2018 - doesn't mean my dealer receives an allocation for all their customers. Dealer has been asked by Porsche to get a gauge for production which means they are a bean counter company and given VW fines and people in the Ivory Tower looking at jail time I am sure they have their hands full. Bottom line it's too much brain damage to get a performance car from Porsche regardless I am on the 2RS list believe first one having the 488 GTO deposit in.

If Porsche calls - will decide if it's an everybody who wants one why not take my deposit ... they won't because they don't have allocations for non 918 owners IMO an odd way to unveil an unlimited 300k car - can not recall this with any other like factory.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-26-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:13 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
I am not a bitter person - my college roommate close friend owns a Porsche dealer out of town. I would never buy a 918 R or others the only reason I bought an RS NA track focussed street car - it's right in my wheel house vs a chameleon 918 that grandma can drive comfortably.

You are a wonderful poster here - you just don't like how others feel that are not 918 owners.

Do not claim Porsche can not do anything or I should with a letter both silly statements. Porsche has a point system that earns dealer rebates allocations and Premier status. Ferrari has been dealing with more customers than allocations for years Porsche is new to the game and they are handling it poorly - not up for discussion that's how I feel.

Porsche order books 2018 - doesn't mean my dealer receives an allocation for all their customers. Dealer has been asked by Porsche to get a gauge for production which means they are a bean counter company and given VW fines and people in the Ivory Tower looking at jail time I am sure they have their hands full. Bottom line it's too much brain damage to get a performance car from Porsche regardless I am on the 2RS list believe first one having the 488 GTO deposit in.

If Porsche calls - will decide if it's an everybody who wants one why not take my deposit ... they won't because they don't have allocations for non 918 owners IMO an odd way to unveil an unlimited 300k car - can not recall this with any other like factory.
Here's the reality...if Porsche keeps doing the same kind of crap as they did with the R for cars that us mortal non-918 owners want they will **** us off and drive us to another brands and/or just buy older Porsches. I never knew it was so hard to spend money than trying to buy GT cars that I want. That being said, I'm working for a few good guy dealers so I'm optimistic that having these relationships will bear fruit. But if Porsche keeps limiting the cars that I'm interested in then I will get tired of it and move on....life is too short for that crap.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:53 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Here's the reality...if Porsche keeps doing the same kind of crap as they did with the R for cars that us mortal non-918 owners want they will **** us off and drive us to another brands and/or just buy older Porsches. I never knew it was so hard to spend money than trying to buy GT cars that I want. That being said, I'm working for a few good guy dealers so I'm optimistic that having these relationships will bear fruit. But if Porsche keeps limiting the cars that I'm interested in then I will get tired of it and move on....life is too short for that crap.
Working with those dealers assuming they will not take a deposit - that's where I get confused so the only clarity is dealers won't take deposits on what they can not deliver.

Agree - life is too short these are rewards that should not require effort.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS