Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 04:17 AM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
European allocations getting filled first to get them out before regulatory change. Only US allocations to date that I'm aware of have gone to PMNA customers and a smattering of VIP's. Real US allocations will start in 1Q18.
I have a US allocation and I'm not a VIP or anyone special. And my build has to be at the end of production - Nov '18. I don't think my dealer will get an allocation with a build date later than that. The VIP allocation ahead of mine has a spring '18 build.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:25 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
certainly you, footsolder, and another gent "rich_france" (sp) would thrash theirs but you ppl are a dying breed, if u know what i mean.
The only reason I'm buying one is to take it on trips to faraway tracks and thrash it!
I don't particularly like how it looks, and it wouldn't be in my garage on that basis.
I'm also unconvinced about long terms values as market is getting saturated.

Have already booked first 2 track days with friends at Spa in early May, (which is a 1200 mile round trip).
This is a full stop for me though, not going to keep chasing the next version, just use what I have.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:46 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Not sure how that's actually illegal, PCNA didn't control the selling price, they merely take a survey of the actually selling price and from which dealer.

And say if I live in Reno, my closest Porsche dealer might be in California than within Nevada, and say if I just won the jackpot and wanted to buy a Porsche and never seen a dealer before, I might email PCNA via the website and ask where I can buy a Porsche, they could point me to the closest or the in state one. Similar argument for them to point customers to 'good dealers'.

The argument for kickback doesn't make sense at all as the ADM problem is basically an American problem with you law. It's not happening in Canada nor anywhere else that I know of. Something is wrong with your law and you guys should write to your congressman and have them change the law.
Dear Mr. Congress person,

I am asking for your help. We need to enact the same laws of rent control used in housing applied to the Porsche dealer model. I am tired of having to pay market prices for Porsche GT models and could use some help forcing dealers to sell me something at a prescribed price.

Sincerely,

5,613 people
Old 12-30-2017, 11:55 PM
CP3
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone make a color poll on best color for the GT2RS please!!
Old 12-31-2017, 11:05 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

Ipse sorry i agree with you but paraphrased incorrectly.

I think that the GT2RS will be incredible and regardless of price i will track mine if my store gets a 3rd slot-
Right now we have two- one for the VIP and one for the winner of the lottery/ points system I instituted in March.

In regards to cost vs track- for Mooty and others...guys like Footsoldier and me are dumb enough to rip our P1's and 918's on the track...350k GT2RS? Bring it on. I have tracked almost all of my mclarens (exception being 650LeMans) and they're expensive.

I will track my P15 Senna and my Ford GT.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

all this time and we still have no diagrams or photos of the brake duct cooling system.....?
Old 12-31-2017, 02:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Or water cooling injection.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:16 AM
Awdnut
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
all this time and we still have no diagrams or photos of the brake duct cooling system.....?
No diagram but have these pics

Ducting on hood

Ducting to brake

Distilled water tank
Old 01-01-2018, 01:56 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Ipse sorry i agree with you but paraphrased incorrectly.

I think that the GT2RS will be incredible and regardless of price i will track mine if my store gets a 3rd slot-
Right now we have two- one for the VIP and one for the winner of the lottery/ points system I instituted in March.

In regards to cost vs track- for Mooty and others...guys like Footsoldier and me are dumb enough to rip our P1's and 918's on the track...350k GT2RS? Bring it on. I have tracked almost all of my mclarens (exception being 650LeMans) and they're expensive.

I will track my P15 Senna and my Ford GT.
Awesome, just awesome...great inspiration right there for me continuing to track all my cars.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:15 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Awdnut

Ducting on hood

Ducting to brake

Distilled water tank
Thanks for posting!
First time seen for me.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would really liked to know the full story on the distilled water.

e.g. I'm going to Spa for 2 days and it might be hot.
Do I need to stock up on this stuff? Annoying if so.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:16 AM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier

some say that if you use sparkling water instead distilled water you can get 50hp more...
Old 01-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Awdnut

Ducting to brake
Ah, so it's in the weather-exposed area underhood. That makes sense. Thanks for posting. It'll be interesting to hear the specs attributed.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:44 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by SEB74

some say that if you use sparkling water instead distilled water you can get 50hp more...
i can t help myself

go figure with champagne!
Old 01-02-2018, 02:20 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier

Engineer hat on: average tap water is 150-400 parts per million total dissolved solids. If you boil a pot of water too long on a stove you’ll see those solids as the white stuff that’s left behind when the pot is dry. With time they build up to form a hard scale which is both unsightly and cuts heat transfer. Boil you pot dry 100 times and with very hard water and in theory you could have 4% less pot volume left due to a nice, thick, rock hard coating on the bottom.

Your intercooler is functioning to evaporate water very much like that pot, so using hard tap water will cause it to scale up over time. That would be bad, because unfortunately the chemicals you’d normally use to attack and remove the scale will also attack the aluminum, so once it’s on it’s likely to stay. Of course it will happen slowly: 400 ppm is a pretty small number, so while you might visually be able to see some white stuff on the intercooler after running a couple tanks through it probably won’t hurt anything. If you want to keep it clean, on the other hand, distilled water is one ppm, so 150-400 times less white crap.

Personally while I might use tap or bottled water once or twice if I was in a pinch (ideally “purified” bottled water, never “mineral water”) I’d try to stick with distilled water, as the white stuff would probably bug me. Not to mention a future owner if I ever sold.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS