Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 09:23 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
I dont believe aswell in the crazy numbers that are thrown here in there...but numbers dont lie.... there's a very large choice of 991 GT3 RS available for sell... it doesnt mean Porsche built too many but maybe that too many speculators acquired some cars for profit and are now willing to take their losses because it didnt worked out the way they wanted and they need their liquidity back... in this case Porsche responsability remain in identifying grey and official dealers that are alterating the demand.
Agree- The Speculators got too greedy. The reason why the bottom has not fell out is because Speculators/Dealers got too much $$$ in to them. Dealers were buying from Dealers for $50,000 plus. It was out of control and when supply hit demand it left many sitting on these cars. People are hedging that they can get out of these whole or slight losses. They are hanging on by their finger tips trying to be patient but that is why you are now seeing MSRP or plus $10,000-$15,000.

I know for a fact that Speculators are walking from builds they left deposits on for the .2 gt3 because they now realize the ADMs are minimal and coming down to MSRP.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:41 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,726 Likes on 5,123 Posts

I seriously wonder how many people seriously would buy a GT2 RS at MSRP.

I mean legit, serious "I will buy it now" ... shorn of all this Internet chatter and keyboard machoism.

I'm guessing less than people think. Much less.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:31 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

I mean legit, serious "I will buy it now" ... shorn of all this Internet chatter and keyboard machoism.

If Porsche showed their hand and would even show a hint that they are going to produce the GT2RS, you'd get the speculators (including stealers) out and they might be challenged to move all of the cars.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:27 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

i agree, once u take out profiteers, at least 50% of the ppl who say they are ready to buy at msrp will not buy it.
its' key board jockeys
i have seen many cars for sale at good prices and once i think i offered me 4.0 at $250,000?.....
i used to help ppl find cars then they reneg. so i dont do that anymore.
like kongfu panda said, "chit chat, chit chat, chitty chitty chat chat...." let see some real actions.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:48 AM
MC 968CS
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 58 Posts

Yes...lots of keyboard buyers and incredible number of keyboard racers - still I love the odd nuggets of gold in here from other people who buy, drive, actually race or modify. It’s worth the effort to find them.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:48 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wondering....are you suggesting that the GT2RS will sell at a discount to msrp?
Old 12-29-2017, 12:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

^ i dont think that's what he meant. and i am pretty certain every GT2RS will be sold at or above msrp, unless we see fed increase rate a bunch or econ tanks, but then we have more than GT2RS to worry about
Old 12-29-2017, 12:57 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
^ i dont think that's what he meant. and i am pretty certain every GT2RS will be sold at or above msrp, unless we see fed increase rate a bunch or econ tanks, but then we have more than GT2RS to worry about
I agree....though much depends on production numbers. Most dealers are still treating this car as unobtanium. But w weissach and a few other options 350k is a good bit of money to throw down. Absolute production numbers will mean everything.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:03 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,726 Likes on 5,123 Posts

Originally Posted by ak432
Just wondering....are you suggesting that the GT2RS will sell at a discount to msrp?
No, I'm suggesting (or, really, just saying) that there are not as many serious GT2 RS buyers out there as it appears (and certainly not as many as it appears here on Rennlist).
Old 12-29-2017, 01:30 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

No, I'm suggesting (or, really, just saying) that there are not as many serious GT2 RS buyers out there as it appears (and certainly not as many as it appears here on Rennlist).
Of course there isn't when you take out the speculators/flippers/etc. It's all slight of hand by dealers who know that limited information from buyers will result the most desperate ones to pay up. Wonder how things would change if Porsche came out and said they'd keep building cars to meet demand well into 2019. That would surely take some steam out of the premiums. I had a few brokers pinging me about allocations for $150k-$200k before the freaking car even came out. haha
Old 12-29-2017, 02:08 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Since this is only a USA problem with dealers, perhaps PCNA can side step the law a little bit?

All buyers interested in a GT first contact PCNA to register their interest, and let PCNA know which dealers they would like to take their car from.

They then go to their dealer to place the order, the dealer have the option of tackling on market adjustment, but the buyer will also in turn report the final price to PCNA concerning their order. PCNA can then build a database on good dealers vs bad.

This way, PCNA doesn't control the price, but can also have a real gauge of demand, something that dealers are artificially obscuring from PCNA.

With such a little list, PCNA can also recommend good dealers to potential customers, something that must have happened, normal they jus say go to your local dealer, but if someone has a few 'local ones', they know which one to avoid.

With a master list at PCNA's hands, they can also redirect GT cars to appropriate dealers if someone can't sell one and others have a long back log.

Dealers also cannot do phantom sold orders anymore, as the customer themselves will be known to PCNA.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:15 AM
thegoat
Instructor

What I find interesting is how few people on here in the US have confirmed their allocations. Who has them all? Dealers? The majority of VIPs who never comment on this forum? Or, are the allocations that rare? Or, are people keeping their allocations to themselves and not letting people know they have them?

The other local potential 2RS buyers I've met in town without an allocation seem like legitimate buyers to me, not flippers, who would happily buy at MSRP.

Even if you considered all the confirmed WW 2RS allocations disclosed on this forum, it seems like a really small number, especially when you stack that number against the .2 GT3 or the .1 3RS. How many have we seen? 15 or 20? I've read this whole thread, but I don't remember all that many.
​​​​​
Is this just a different level of car that doesn't attract the normal buyers were see on this forum? I've been scratching my head on this for some time. I have no idea what is going on. I suspect that they just aren't bringing that many over and that the speculators that have an allocation are keeping really quiet until they have that car in their hands.

I'm not a flipper; full intention to drive and enjoy it (along with the other cars in the garage).

Old 12-29-2017, 03:34 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Since this is only a USA problem with dealers, perhaps PCNA can side step the law a little bit?

All buyers interested in a GT first contact PCNA to register their interest, and let PCNA know which dealers they would like to take their car from.

They then go to their dealer to place the order, the dealer have the option of tackling on market adjustment, but the buyer will also in turn report the final price to PCNA concerning their order. PCNA can then build a database on good dealers vs bad.

This way, PCNA doesn't control the price, but can also have a real gauge of demand, something that dealers are artificially obscuring from PCNA.

With such a little list, PCNA can also recommend good dealers to potential customers, something that must have happened, normal they jus say go to your local dealer, but if someone has a few 'local ones', they know which one to avoid.

With a master list at PCNA's hands, they can also redirect GT cars to appropriate dealers if someone can't sell one and others have a long back log.

Dealers also cannot do phantom sold orders anymore, as the customer themselves will be known to PCNA.
That is one of the best ideas that I have ever heard. Do you mind making a call over to PCNA to go over it step-by-step? haha

Originally Posted by thegoat
What I find interesting is how few people on here in the US have confirmed their allocations. Who has them all? Dealers? The majority of VIPs who never comment on this forum? Or, are the allocations that rare? Or, are people keeping their allocations to themselves and not letting people know they have them?

The other local potential 2RS buyers I've met in town without an allocation seem like legitimate buyers to me, not flippers, who would happily buy at MSRP.

Even if you considered all the confirmed WW 2RS allocations disclosed on this forum, it seems like a really small number, especially when you stack that number against the .2 GT3 or the .1 3RS. How many have we seen? 15 or 20? I've read this whole thread, but I don't remember all that many.
​​​​​
Is this just a different level of car that doesn't attract the normal buyers were see on this forum? I've been scratching my head on this for some time. I have no idea what is going on. I suspect that they just aren't bringing that many over and that the speculators that have an allocation are keeping really quiet until they have that car in their hands.

I'm not a flipper; full intention to drive and enjoy it (along with the other cars in the garage).

Yeah, I'm also puzzled why there aren't more people on here who have gotten an allocation. I'm sure there won't be as many allocations as GT3s or GT3RSs but it seems like there are less of these around than 991Rs. I suspect that many dealers are holding their allocations hostage in hopes of getting big ADMs to make it appear that there is a very limited supply of GT2RSs.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:07 AM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don t understand why few people here say that there will be more gt2 rs compare to the demand... etc Here in France there were 5 gt2 rs for sale at 150 k € over msrp on internet and all have been sold... One guy proposed me 150 k over msrp and an other 200 k over msrp for my gt2rs.
And honestly I don t know why those guys are paying 150 ~ 200 k over msrp if Porsche will make so many cars 😂 They are really crazy...
Yes they will produce around 2000 cars but the demand is just hugeeeee. ( fastest Porsche, fastest car in the world on the track, certenly the last gt2 rs without electric help..... etc ).
Old 12-29-2017, 09:15 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

It's a hot IPO/ICO with pro marketing and push. Everyone wants in on it as long as they are sure that there will be enough who will want to get in on it after them. Everyone becomes a "speculator" on a "no miss" car that everyone's supposed to want, and almost no one will drive. If they get a whiff or a hunch that it's a tad easier to get than they expected, then they're out. Rodney Dangerfield: I don't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS