Macca

What is " LE Model " ?
large erection?
Old 12-16-2015, 01:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Thanks Macca, did he whisper anything about the other version? Cup edition?
No talk over there about Cup Edition. If its coming could be a late March 2017 launch last of the 991 final addition type thing. We should see the "9A1" in racing in Jan 2016 so perhaps they will wait for the Cup cars to get their .2 cosmetic update between seasons before releasing the last NA GT3RS?

Speculation again n my part Im afraid....
Old 12-16-2015, 01:01 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
large erection?
Old 12-16-2015, 01:17 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

It sure will be interesting to see how they arrive at the LE number and what it will be...
Old 12-16-2015, 01:24 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacelle
It sure will be interesting to see how they arrive at the LE number and what it will be...
If they import 297 or less to the US, it will be mayhem. In fact, if they don't import a little bit more than 297, you'll have a strong number of Porsche loyalists really pissed off.

We already got a taste of this with the non-Limited Edition 991.1 GT3 RS. PCNA is navigating turbulent waters because of their decision to create the 918 Spyder VIP program.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,706 Likes on 2,342 Posts

^ i dont understand their logic
if you dont import enough, you will **** off many ppl
if you charge too little, you leave money for flippers.
why not just import 200 and make them $3MM each.
i know i can't afford one and i would happily STFU.
if they continue to do $250k car, there are plenty of ppl who can cut that chk. and they will fight for it, then those who dont get allocated one gets all upset....

to me, its a very very simple problem to resolve.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:46 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
^ i dont understand their logic
if you dont import enough, you will **** off many ppl
if you charge too little, you leave money for flippers.
why not just import 200 and make them $3MM each.
i know i can't afford one and i would happily STFU.
if they continue to do $250k car, there are plenty of ppl who can cut that chk. and they will fight for it, then those who dont get allocated one gets all upset....

to me, its a very very simple problem to resolve.
Yup. I wasn't able to get a Lamborghini Veneno at $4.4m each... and I didn't feel an ounce of regret / envy.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:04 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
If they import 297 or less to the US, it will be mayhem. In fact, if they don't import a little bit more than 297, you'll have a strong number of Porsche loyalists really pissed off.

We already got a taste of this with the non-Limited Edition 991.1 GT3 RS. PCNA is navigating turbulent waters because of their decision to create the 918 Spyder VIP program.
Oh man, I would LOVE if they imported less than 297 units and the non-mortal VIPs begin battling to get one. That'll make the fall out from the BS with getting an RS at MSRP look like child's play. I'll just sit back and enjoy since this car does NOTHING for me.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:08 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Oh man, I would LOVE if they imported less than 297 units and the non-mortal VIPs begin battling to get one. That'll make the fall out from the BS with getting an RS at MSRP look like child's play. I'll just sit back and enjoy since this car does NOTHING for me.
Haha, indeed. A part of me wants PCNA to learn a lesson, a part of me doesn't, and another part doesn't think this is the right way to each this lesson.

Right now, based on what I'm hearing, and based on the spy shots, the car isn't really tickling me much either. I do get the collectible nature of the car, though, and that's really its biggest appeal to me (whereas a lot of the other collectibles have multiple reasons for appeal).
Old 12-16-2015, 02:15 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Haha, indeed. A part of me wants PCNA to learn a lesson, a part of me doesn't, and another part doesn't think this is the right way to each this lesson.

Right now, based on what I'm hearing, and based on the spy shots, the car isn't really tickling me much either. I do get the collectible nature of the car, though, and that's really its biggest appeal to me (whereas a lot of the other collectibles have multiple reasons for appeal).
I do get why the car might be collectible since it'll be limited, but I'm not a collector so the car doesn't fit into my wheel house. I'll just enjoy flogging the poor man's version of the 991R on the track...the GT4. It's one thing to have mortals pissed off at PAG/PCNA...can't image what kind of fall out PAG/PCNA will get if the non-mortal VIPs get pissed off.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:17 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

I do get why the car might be collectible since it'll be limited, but I'm not a collector so the car doesn't fit into my wheel house. I'll just enjoy flogging the poor man's version of the 991R on the track...the GT4. It's one thing to have mortals pissed off at PAG/PCNA...can't image what kind of fall out PAG/PCNA will get if the non-mortal VIPs get pissed off.
It's not just because it'll be limited, of course, it's because it's likely the last of its kind (Manual N/A 911). I'm still not sure if that's enough draw for me.

People will get pissed at PAG, but the real culprit is PCNA (for creating the 918 Spyder VIP program out of desperation when 918 Spyder sales where lagging dramatically in the US -- for quite a while, until things picked up when worldwide availability started to dwindle, and the hype kicked in).
Old 12-16-2015, 02:27 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

It's not just because it'll be limited, of course, it's because it's likely the last of its kind (Manual N/A 911). I'm still not sure if that's enough draw for me.

People will get pissed at PAG, but the real culprit is PCNA (for creating the 918 Spyder VIP program out of desperation when 918 Spyder sales where lagging dramatically in the US -- for quite a while, until things picked up when worldwide availability started to dwindle, and the hype kicked in).
Yup, more than the lack of transparency of allocations and the unwillingness to keep their dealers in check (aka not acting as stealerships) the creation of the VIP program by PCNA is what really has irked me the most. I mean you can already tell that the majority of the VIPs really didn't have an interest in getting an RS and would not have gotten an RS if the VIP program didn't exist.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I wouldn't be too sure of that. My view is that this will be a blueprint for the 1.2 GT3. The new interior will make it through t the new GT3 and very possibly the manual as well. Of course the question still remains will the next GT3 be NA. I personally think its more likely than not. RS however will be PDK only moving forward of that Im sure.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:50 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

I mean you can already tell that the majority of the VIPs really didn't have an interest in getting an RS and would not have gotten an RS if the VIP program didn't exist.
Yup. This ^^.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:50 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I wouldn't be too sure of that. My view is that this will be a blueprint for the 1.2 GT3. The new interior will make it through t the new GT3 and very possibly the manual as well. Of course the question still remains will the next GT3 be NA. I personally think its more likely than not. RS however will be PDK only moving forward of that Im sure.
So what's the point of having a 991.2 NA manual GT3, if the R is out there? Exclusivity? It's obvious the objective of the R is different than the GT3, but if the GT3 is also manual NA, what's the point? If the 991.2 GT3 is turbo (which I doubt) then there is a very strong case for the R as a pure last hoorah. But wouldn't it be better to have a last hoorah as a GT3? Much to think about, hmmmm

Quick Reply: OT:911R