Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:15 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So, so interesting!!! Brings back memories...
Jade green looks interesting.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:39 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
So, so interesting!!! Brings back memories...
Jade green looks interesting.
+1 - Jade Green is awesome. I'm going to ask my dealer to kick off feasibility for it when I'm next in there.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default PTS Window...and the PTS time requirement on orders!

A repost from another thread...but it's worth repeating often on this subject of PTS!

Originally Posted by tbc417
Given the PTS is now available does anyone know the PTS window or can you get PTS with any build date?
In the recent past, PAG has required at least a minimum of 3 months from the day your PTS custom order is entered into PCNA/PAG order bank computers until the scheduled day of production! That is assuming, of course, that you are choosing an already approved PTS color!

So if your dealer entered your order with PCNA/PAG on September 1, 2015, expect your production date to be after December 1, 2015. And so your dealer allocation needs also be for that December month too! Porsche will usually work that out with your dealer, but not always*. If for whatever reason (e.g. high demand) PTS production schedules are full for December, your PTS build could be pushed into later months.

The PTS 'window' refers only to when PCNA/PAG will allow a dealer to order a PTS custom order in the ordering system. The PTS 'window' might close on some near future date...but if your dealer placed the order during the open PTS 'window' timeframe, your PTS build should be honored! And it will be built past when the PTS window itself closes. The key is to get your order 'in' during the period the PTS window is 'Open'.

*Some smaller dealers might not allow you to take up a valuable allocation for PTS if it delays production since they are counting on that sale & cash-flow earlier on their books. Or if PAG is not interested in too many PTS cars all bunching up in production, it might itself denied your dealer the ability to move his earlier allocation to one that coincides with the required 3 month delay in production.

As we move into the changing .2 facelift schedules for the 991 and 981 in the fall of 2015 & early months of 2016, PAG might altered the normal PTS schedules (make it more difficult & inaccessible) to simplify their production scheduling. PTS at Porsche is a complicated & often moving target...so caveat lector.

On a related topic, has ANYONE heard any rumor regarding how limited PAG will allow for the run of PTS 991 gt3 RS to be?

In other words, those with confirmed PTS vehicle status reports seem to be in pretty good shape & solid ground.

But any other 991 gt3 RS customer with an allocation but WITHOUT a confirmation that your requested PTS is locked into your order status might have a problem because PAG might be thinking of limiting PTS production!

If you know anything, heard anything, been told anything....please post, pm or email me. I have a meeting with executives at 'Porsche Exclusive' on July 17th in Zuffenhausen. And I hope they will be open about what their plans are for PTS for the 991 gt3 RS going forward! But, as you know, that is not always the case since they may not be at liberty to disclose.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS Congratulations AC SATCO
Old 07-07-2015, 03:07 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by Z356

On a related topic, has ANYONE heard any rumor regarding how limited PAG will allow for the run of PTS 991 gt3 RS to be?

In other words, those with confirmed PTS vehicle status reports seem to be in pretty good shape & solid ground.

But any other 991 gt3 RS customer with an allocation but WITHOUT a confirmation that your requested PTS is locked into your order status might have a problem because PAG might be thinking of limiting PTS production!

If you know anything, heard anything, been told anything....please post, pm or email me. I have a meeting with executives at 'Porsche Exclusive' on July 17th in Zuffenhausen. And I hope they will be open about what their plans are for PTS for the 991 gt3 RS going forward! But, as you know, that is not always the case since they may not be at liberty to disclose.
The only bit of information I have and my dealer has is from the original Broadcast to dealers on the window being opened and that it would be based on the requests originally communicated to 'Porsche Exclusive' before the window opened. I'm expecting a lot of orders to be thrown back to V100. My dealers 918 VIP customer orders are still stuck at V170 like mine. I've not heard of a single PTS order that has moved to V200 or V215. By contrast, my Targa went from V110 to V215 in about 24 hours.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:04 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

'Crystal Blau'....one of thirty colors offered by Porsche in MY1970! It was not PTS.
is this KristalBlau which has the paint code 320? thinking of requesting this one for a feasibility study.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Would like clarification on this point...

Originally Posted by NateOZ
The only bit of information I have and my dealer has is from the original Broadcast to dealers on the window being opened and that it would be based on the requests originally communicated to 'Porsche Exclusive' before the window opened. I'm expecting a lot of orders to be thrown back to V100. My dealers 918 VIP customer orders are still stuck at V170 like mine. I've not heard of a single PTS order that has moved to V200 or V215. By contrast, my Targa went from V110 to V215 in about 24 hours.
Well, I hope that in this case where there is smoke there isn't a fire.

But first, let's take a look at the original 'broadcast' that dealers received from PCNA/PAG. It's my understanding that it is this one posted by Mike on 5/06/2015:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...orders-44.html

Is this correct? Or is what was quoted not the full statement on the topic from PCNA?

So Nate, are you saying that if you had not already communicated a preference for PTS 991 gt3 RS to 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US prior to the announcement above (which appears to announce the PTS window being opened), you are SOL? Because the notice above encourages dealers to add their RS's customers PTS preferences to Porsche Exclusive offices in the US!

Was there another official announcement that said 'it would be based on the requests originally communicated to 'Porsche Exclusive' before the window opened'? I think we need to clarify these statements so that we are all on the same wave length.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by anonymous918
is this KristalBlau which has the paint code 320? thinking of requesting this one for a feasibility study.

Yes, 'Crystal Blue' or 'Kristalblau'. Historic color code is indeed 320. But on the door jam tag of my vehicle, it reads '7310' which is the internal Porsche color code for 'Kristalblau' on a Targa chassis:

It would be an honor for you to request this beautiful vintage 911 color as a PTS. Sadly, since you are anonymous, I will never be able to meet you in person to thank you for that fine gesture!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-07-2015, 05:02 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

Is this correct? Or is what was quoted not the full statement on the topic from PCNA?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
That is the complete statement as received by my Porsche dealer.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:10 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

This was before the subsequent message to dealers, for your post on page 2.

It seems right now every order can be loaded with PTS and no one is actually scheduled.

It seems unlikely to me that everyone will get aproved and who knows how they'll allocate the decision - probably batch processing like the 30 GT3s if I was placing a bet...
Old 07-08-2015, 12:12 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

This is what I was sent from Porsche Exclusive a few weeks ago, V110 at that time. Melissa noted she doesn't anticipate any issues given a November build. But no chicken counting here.
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2015, 01:07 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

I heard from my dealer today that Porsche is suspending all PTS ordering for any model. It sounded like they got a communication from PAG within the last day or two, seemed fairly grim. I did not see the message but was told the same thing by the sales manager. I also don't have a dog in the fight as my 3 goes into production in the next day or two with standard paint. Curious if anybody else hears the same.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:47 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
I heard from my dealer today that Porsche is suspending all PTS ordering for any model. It sounded like they got a communication from PAG within the last day or two, seemed fairly grim. I did not see the message but was told the same thing by the sales manager. I also don't have a dog in the fight as my 3 goes into production in the next day or two with standard paint. Curious if anybody else hears the same.
Yes, heard the same yesterday, my dealer called me to tell me that PTS will now be delayed a further 3 months (on top of the previously communicated 3 months) and the window is now closed given the huge number of PTS requests they have received. Only colours that apparently will only be delayed 1 further month (instead of a further 3) will be black, yellow (not sure which one) and mexico blue...
Old 07-08-2015, 08:12 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

The most recent email I received from my dealer was that a Scheduler at PCNA confirmed my car still is a September allocation. It's still V170 but I'm still not counting any chickens either - UV still my backup plan.
The following users liked this post:
Boxsterbabe14 (10-06-2019)
Old 07-08-2015, 08:20 AM
NYC_AREA_GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you see that same effect (as below) on major dad's photo (above) which is also in direct sunlight?

Everyone acknowledges modern solid paints have a clear final coat which prior vintage solid paints did not have. But that clear coat does not behave as the color-manipulated photos above would have us believe! We will agree to disagree on that point & leave it at that!

Yes...we got that!

Good for you maxt. 'Gelbgrün' is a stunningly beautiful vintage color that deserves consideration! Good luck with your PTS order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Eduardo - to my eyes this looks like an example of yellow green - it looks epic!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Need more input...

Well, I hope that in this case where there is smoke there isn't a fire.

But first, let's take a look at the original 'broadcast' that dealers received from PCNA/PAG. It's my understanding that it is this one posted by Mike on 5/06/2015:

So Nate, are you saying that if you had not already communicated a preference for PTS 991 gt3 RS to 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US prior to the announcement above (which appears to announce the PTS window being opened), you are SOL? Because the notice above encourages dealers to add their RS's customers PTS preferences to Porsche Exclusive offices in the US!

Was there another official announcement that said 'it would be based on the requests originally communicated to 'Porsche Exclusive' before the window opened'? I think we need to clarify these statements so that we are all on the same wave length.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Originally Posted by W8MM
That is the complete statement as received by my Porsche dealer.
Originally Posted by NateOZ
This was before the subsequent message to dealers, for your post on page 2.

It seems right now every order can be loaded with PTS and no one is actually scheduled.

It seems unlikely to me that everyone will get aproved and who knows how they'll allocate the decision - probably batch processing like the 30 GT3s if I was placing a bet...
Ok, I thought there was a missing part. This is a post (#16) I entered on page 2 of this thread on 5/31/2015:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-gt3-rs-2.html

When was the date the dealers received this new message from PCNA?

If we start parsing these words in the light of the current 'news' about delays or cancellation, it doesn't bode well for the hope & aspiration many of those that requested PTS for the 991 gt3 RS...

Originally Posted by signes
Originally Posted by maxt
Yes, heard the same yesterday, my dealer called me to tell me that PTS will now be delayed a further 3 months (on top of the previously communicated 3 months) and the window is now closed given the huge number of PTS requests they have received. Only colours that apparently will only be delayed 1 further month (instead of a further 3) will be black, yellow (not sure which one) and mexico blue...
These stories are disturbing. And as Yogi Berra said, 'It's like déjà vu all over again'.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-any-cars.html

We need more input from all that have requested PTS on their gt3 RS & what their dealer or PCNA is telling them NOW. Frankly, that also goes for anyone that has ordered a PTS MY2016 model since it could impact (as it did last year) all PTS production at Porsche!

I had heard the rumors which is what prompted my initial post yesterday:

If you know anything, heard anything, been told anything....please post, pm or email me.
Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS