Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 03:16 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_H
I think the only body material in the RS that is not on the GT3 (of which there are more than a few PTS cars) is the magnesium roof
There are a few other new materials apart from Mg, such as carbon fiber reinforced plastic in the front fenders, hood, and deck lid, and a new rear bumper (apron) material. So maybe one of these is causing the PTS issues??? Or maybe it's the paint, as mentioned above. I had hoped the PTS issues were resolved with the GT3--Frankencar, delays and all... unfortunately, looks like that isn't the case.

BTW, what colour did you order that the factory has already brought in for you? I'm assuming it wasn't PTS? And when is your build? Congratulations on your soon-to-be new baby!
Old 07-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 793 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by GianiCakes
I just received an email from my dealer (Swiss) telling me that PTS is cancelled for the RS due to quality control problems. Very upsetting.
A small amount of further information. It seems there is a full stop on PTS due to quality control issues. This might be lifted if they resolve the issues but I am getting the impression that this is unlikely.
The additional optional colours referred to above do not appear on the configurator. Is it certain they will be added? If Miami blue looks like it does in the photoshop image that would probably be my preferred alternative.
RS or all P cars?

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Disappointing news, but not surprising and probably why they've not scheduled any of the PTS orders. I'm ok with UV, but I think I'll just get in line for a Singer and stop dealing with this PTS mess.
That's always an option.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:13 PM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

According to the message I got just the RS which I assume is due to the different materials used. Here's the message in German:-
"Auf Grund der weltweit hohen Nachfrage für Individualfarben bei 991 GT3 RS, der sehr begrenzten Produktionskapazität sowie der Sicherstellung eines hohen Qualitätsstandarts müssen wir Ihnen leider mitteilen, dass die Bestellung von Individualfarben für alle GT3 RS gesperrt werden musste."
Technically this says PTS orders are closed but seeing as mine was already ordered and apparently approved it's not entirely clear to me whether this would apply to all cars?

In unrelated news I happened to drive the new 488 today. Damn that thing is fast and I'm pretty sure they would make it out of chocolate if I asked them to.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:37 PM
<3mph
Drifting

According to the message I got just the RS which I assume is due to the different materials used. Here's the message in German:-
"Auf Grund der weltweit hohen Nachfrage für Individualfarben bei 991 GT3 RS, der sehr begrenzten Produktionskapazität sowie der Sicherstellung eines hohen Qualitätsstandarts müssen wir Ihnen leider mitteilen, dass die Bestellung von Individualfarben für alle GT3 RS gesperrt werden musste."
Technically this says PTS orders are closed but seeing as mine was already ordered and apparently approved it's not entirely clear to me whether this would apply to all cars?

In unrelated news I happened to drive the new 488 today. Damn that thing is fast and I'm pretty sure they would make it out of chocolate if I asked them to.
Thanks for that update. (Google translate: " Due to the high global demand for individual colors at 991 GT3 RS , the very limited production capacity as well as ensuring a high quality standards , we regret to inform you that the appointment of individual colors had to be closed for all GT3 RS . ") Like you say, it's a little vague and could mean all already approved PTS is still going ahead.

I take it you have passed V200 on your PTS order (BTW, what colour did you go with?).

And, are you getting a 488?!
Or better yet, a chocolate 488!!... The closest to a chocolate sports car I got was the one they give you on ED (also available from the Porsche Museum)...

And while I'm wildly off topic... Maybe chocolate wrap can be ordered as a CXX option from Exlucsive???

http://www.autobahnbound.com/2009/11...e-porsche-911/

Old 07-11-2015, 05:45 PM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Not sure about the v200 part but I was told approved by the dealer and as it's for 2016 delivery I didn't ask for any further confirmation. Signal yellow was the intended colour. Perhaps i could just dust it with saffron?
Old 07-11-2015, 06:07 PM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Btw if I were getting a chocolate wrap I would want a smoother finish than that!
Old 07-11-2015, 11:36 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,871 Likes on 969 Posts

Closest thing yet to non-metallic Aquamarine Blue. Finally a color for which I have zero reservation. Hope it's true.
Attached Images   
Old 07-12-2015, 12:18 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

^^ it's what I was aiming for but could not find
Old 07-12-2015, 12:35 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 93 Posts

Here is another picture of the paints after they have dried. The blue is still off in the photo from what I see. It's more blue and lighter than the photoshop above.

It would be nice to see Miami next to Mexico and Riviera to see the difference.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:10 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

I received this information today. My PTS request has not been approved, but if it is approved, then I can pick one of the three colors below. That is how I read it, but it is confusing.

A1
Black
From allocation month September onwards this color will be offered and handled via a special paint-to-sample process, which means they will be built with a delay of only approx. 4 weeks in relation to the allocation month. Please note that due to this special process, these colors can only be offered to existing paint-to-sample orders.
P3
Racing Yellow
From allocation month September onwards this color will be offered and handled via a special paint-to-sample process, which means they will be built with a delay of only approx. 4 weeks in relation to the allocation month. Please note that due to this special process, these colors can only be offered to existing paint-to-sample orders.
J5
Miami Blue
Old 07-12-2015, 02:22 AM
GianiCakes
Advanced

J5
Miami Blue
From allocation month September onwards this color will be offered and handled via a special paint-to-sample process, which means they will be built with a delay of only approx. 4 weeks in relation to the allocation month. Please note that due to this special process, these colors can only be offered to existing paint-to-sample orders.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case then that would be good news as I like the look of Miami blue. Failing that I think I may just go GT silver and reconsider whether I want the ceramics.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:36 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by Loess
It's more blue and lighter than the photoshop above.

It would be nice to see Miami next to Mexico and Riviera to see the difference.
Sorry, the photoshop was done on another computer / different monitor (looked a lot different when I posted). I've redone the colour here 3 ways.

From top to bottom:

Mexico (likely less green than Miami, just for comparison)
Miami? - based on your paint sample
Miami? - based on Taubenblau (VW)
Miami? - based on Aquamarine blue (possibly this is the forebear of Miami)

Your guess is as good as mine as to how close this actually is. Thanks again for posting your paint samples!

Old 07-12-2015, 02:43 AM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Any one of those 3 and I would be happy.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:50 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some great work with all the paint samples trying to figure out what these colours may actually look like. Well done boys.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,871 Likes on 969 Posts

Aquamarine hands down, but I doubt that's what we'll get.

<3mph: can you please post a larger solo image of the aquamarine photoshop?

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS