Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015 | 11:28 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I sure hope PCNA gives a lot more allocations to the dealers that treat customers well and sell at MSRP and starve the bad dealers.
IN fact! I've seen guys on here brag about the steal of a deal they got from the dealership. While the salesman that jumps through the hoops like a monkey treats the buyer like gold and spends days worth of time over the entire transaction walks away with $200 in his pocket. If he is lucky enough to get 10 similar customers in a month they make 2k for the month. They probably worked about 280hours that month too. Without a single weekend. So their time is worth about $7 an hour. Does that sound like enough to feed your family? Here in Seattle Mcdonalds workers make $15 an hour.

No offense intended sir. But perhaps you should look at it from both sides before you are so quick to judge. PCNA are the ones making the money. Go to other countries and you will pay double what you pay here purely for PORSCHE"S profit.
Old 04-08-2015 | 11:30 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Hypocrisy-the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
Old 04-08-2015 | 11:34 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

You're scaring me.
Old 04-08-2015 | 11:39 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Originally Posted by kyrocks
You're scaring me.
Bad *** list on that signature good sir. For real.
Old 04-08-2015 | 11:52 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
Having seen the Porsche production line recently, with a GT3 and GT3RS on it at the same time maybe 50 cars apart, I do not believe any quantity limits at all; I had heard production of the GT3 was to end in 2014.
They did stop taking orders for the GT3 sir. On that car, time from when the allocation is given till the car actually is delivered can easily be 6 months.
Old 04-08-2015 | 11:56 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by ZachMartin
IN fact! I've seen guys on here brag about the steal of a deal they got from the dealership. While the salesman that jumps through the hoops like a monkey treats the buyer like gold and spends days worth of time over the entire transaction walks away with $200 in his pocket. If he is lucky enough to get 10 similar customers in a month they make 2k for the month. They probably worked about 280hours that month too. Without a single weekend. So their time is worth about $7 an hour. Does that sound like enough to feed your family? Here in Seattle Mcdonalds workers make $15 an hour.

No offense intended sir. But perhaps you should look at it from both sides before you are so quick to judge. PCNA are the ones making the money. Go to other countries and you will pay double what you pay here purely for PORSCHE"S profit.
What dealer do you work for?
Old 04-09-2015 | 12:08 AM
ZachMartin
Instructor

I do not believe my occupation is relevant to the conversation. Google is a pretty powerful tool though.
Old 04-09-2015 | 12:15 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Ok, got it! I see your point. Everyone needs to make a living. Hopefully PCNA gives you and your dealership a lot of gt3rs allocations so you can sell them to Rennlisters for MSRP! And I sure hope you make more than $200 bucks on those sales.
Old 04-09-2015 | 12:25 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

I followed Zach's suggestion, and did a search. It took all of two seconds.

Porsche of Tacoma.

http://tacoma.porschedealer.com/about_us/team.php
Old 04-09-2015 | 12:27 AM
mb97tts
Racer

After 30 years in the business there is a lot of truth in that..
If I had a nickel for every customer that treated me like dog ****
I'd have a lot of nickels!!!!
Old 04-09-2015 | 12:34 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Zach, what was offensive, or hypocritical about his post? He was suggesting that dealers that sell the RS at MSRP, and give good service, be rewarded with more allocations. Why did that hit a raw nerve?
Old 04-09-2015 | 12:35 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Most business relationships need some level of win-win to last, even in car sales. Zach you have a pm.
Old 04-09-2015 | 01:07 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Zach, what was offensive, or hypocritical about his post? He was suggesting that dealers that sell the RS at MSRP, and give good service, be rewarded with more allocations. Why did that hit a raw nerve?
Old 04-09-2015 | 01:09 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mb97tts
After 30 years in the business there is a lot of truth in that..
If I had a nickel for every customer that treated me like dog ****
I'd have a lot of nickels!!!!
And that's why those who treat me well, deserve *and* receive my loyalty. And I treat them equally well.

(Granted, I don't treat those who mistreat me badly, I just stop working with them and/or never give them my business again. But I do recognize that I'm not the norm, sadly.)

Last edited by GreenLantern; 04-09-2015 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-09-2015 | 01:43 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

PAG/PCNA are very smart organization. and yes very profitable. i have no issues with that.

cars belong to dealers and if they choose to sell with a premium, great. no issue with that. but TELL ME BEFORE I ORDER. what i have issues with is "I MAY have a car for you... your car is here.... oh, i need 50k over..." see my signature. that i have a lot of problem with.

as your calc of sales persons' hourly rate. if that's true, then why oh why you work for dealers. just goto mcdonalds. it pays better. i used to make minimum wage after graduating at the very very top of UCB. i decided that wasn't it. i went to do something else. so no need to discuss $7/hour.

similarly as customers seek out dealer, YOU can seek out customers too. 1/2 of them time i simply tell prospect to fk off b/c i have no interest in their money. if you get abuse by customers, turn them around and kick them out. why take the abuse. but if you are truly good, they will not abuse you. you should have had me as customer. the xmas gifts i used to sent were anywhere b/c 5k to 12k. yet i still get fkd. so now i will shop you and i have no interest in providing loyalty until YOU show it first. why? b/c i have always been loyal to everyone i deal with. but they dont return the favor. they are all shortsighted. my new sales guy gets 10 or so referrals every months and 50% result in sales. is it really THAT HARD....

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders