Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 02:12 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Oh, I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a nice used 991 RS since I have a little PTS unicorn 997.2 RS that I could offer up.
No doubt you will get one. Some people just have the used car stigma. I meet plenty guys that absolutely will not buy used cars. But like the Aston Martin Ad, most do not care.

Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2015, 02:16 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Originally Posted by fastmd
It looks like most dealers are trying, the poster zachmartin's store is asking $50K over and claims they have a deposit. I'm 2nd on my local dealers list where I bought my GT3, but just wanted to hedge my bets.
At $250K I will buy a diff car.
Deposit Pending! Still open
Old 04-10-2015, 02:28 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

All this talk about over sticker.... I will never feel bad taking 50k over. Sorry gentleman. This is how I put food on my plate. I take diggers all the time to compete with the volume sales Bellevue does. If you don't like it, go buy somewhere else, at MSRP and be happy, that is it. Absolutely no reason to take offense to it. The dealership owns the cars. They can use em for target practice if they want. ('merica!)

If someone missed the boat, but still wants the car, can afford 250k to get the car they want...... more power to them. Just wait till the boat load of cars that dealers are spec'ing hit the market and people pay a bunch over sticker on a vehicle built the way THEY DIDN'T EVEN WANT.

No one puts a gun to anyone's head. Free will gentleman. If people are so concerned about the dollar amount STOP BUYING DEPRECIATING ASSESTS! hahaha Some people need a reality check.

I'm sure the majority of the individuals buying these cars operate on a little economic theory called "Supply and Demand".

I'm not looking for a debate on "good business practices" and a few guys totally have it figured out. In fact most do and don't complain about it. But damn, alotta fellas sure do take this business personal.

Cheers everyone! Happy Friday. Drive Fast. Drive Safe.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:57 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Zach, while I agree with you on many points, Ferrari got in a bunch of trouble when a dealer charged over sticker and when the car went bad the customer demanded a full refund including the overage. Now the dealers are selling them and buying them back after six months and them charging a premium. I guess if the market will bear it then it becomes the cost of doing business. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and was lucky that I got their first Non 918 allocation. I also got their first 997.2 RS allocation and I continue my loyalty and promotion of their business. As a sales guy within this industry you have to balance the short term gain against the long term relationship which you lose site of when these "one off" cars come. I, frankly, would have no loyalty to any dealer that treats me like that and that means that you will always be viewed as just another option versus the "GO TO" guy which is how I view my dealer. They take care of me on my purchases and my service. I show up and all is always good. Do I care if they make a little extra here and there....no because over the long haul it all washes out. I don't mean this in a bad way, but I can tell from your photo at the dealer, you are young and by your thoughts, aggressive. For you everything is about the here and now. Things change as you get older and you will note that you are selling a car that mostly older people can afford. Good luck with your business. You will continue to change as we all did. You are in a great business so enjoy it!
Old 04-10-2015, 03:41 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
noted and as i mentioned. dump those customers.
i buy "regular" porsches and they give me 3-4% off. i thank them and buy those. i dont negotiate much. i just like to spec cars my way. and with that, i also like to get msrp for specials cars.

RS confirmed
Old 04-10-2015, 03:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

I got RS at MSRP and tried ordering a Macan they gave me 5% off without asking, I would have bought it without discount as well.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:49 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I got RS at MSRP and tried ordering a Macan they gave me 5% off without asking, I would have bought it without discount as well.

Also, Zach, that $25k - $50k over MSRP doesn't go towards putting food on your plate. It goes towards lining the pockets of dealer principals (who are usually already dramatically richer than you, and most of us here). Yes, I realize some dealers have different incentive / bonus structures, but seriously, that argument falls flat here.

Many / most of us work just as hard as you do, just in different industries, or longer, luckier, whatever. You'll find some stuck up rich kids who didn't work extra hard for their money, but most of the posters here do not fit the bill.

And, if Porsche felt that it would serve their brand well to price the car $50k above MSRP, then MSRP would've been $50k higher.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:28 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by SDGT3
Zach, while I agree with you on many points, Ferrari got in a bunch of trouble when a dealer charged over sticker and when the car went bad the customer demanded a full refund including the overage. Now the dealers are selling them and buying them back after six months and them charging a premium. I guess if the market will bear it then it becomes the cost of doing business. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and was lucky that I got their first Non 918 allocation. I also got their first 997.2 RS allocation and I continue my loyalty and promotion of their business. As a sales guy within this industry you have to balance the short term gain against the long term relationship which you lose site of when these "one off" cars come. I, frankly, would have no loyalty to any dealer that treats me like that and that means that you will always be viewed as just another option versus the "GO TO" guy which is how I view my dealer. They take care of me on my purchases and my service. I show up and all is always good. Do I care if they make a little extra here and there....no because over the long haul it all washes out. I don't mean this in a bad way, but I can tell from your photo at the dealer, you are young and by your thoughts, aggressive. For you everything is about the here and now. Things change as you get older and you will note that you are selling a car that mostly older people can afford. Good luck with your business. You will continue to change as we all did. You are in a great business so enjoy it!
wise man
Old 04-10-2015, 04:40 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SDGT3
Originally Posted by mooty
wise man
I cannot +1 this any harder.

+1
Old 04-10-2015, 04:49 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I must say before I landed on my current drug.....I mean car dealer, I really just went through the motions and got whatever deal I could from wherever. Now I'd say I have bought at least 2 cars I otherwise would not have and am about to signup for a Cayenne to replace my pickup. 3 friends have bought Porsche as a direct result of my influence, when they would have gone to Audi or BMW. Really my dealership has increased their bottom line exponentially by selling to me at MSRP or usually better. Other dealerships obviously use a different model and it may be more profitable in the short term but I highly doubt that it is in the long term.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:32 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachMartin
All this talk about over sticker.... I will never feel bad taking 50k over. Sorry gentleman. This is how I put food on my plate. I take diggers all the time to compete with the volume sales Bellevue does. If you don't like it, go buy somewhere else, at MSRP and be happy, that is it. Absolutely no reason to take offense to it. The dealership owns the cars. They can use em for target practice if they want. ('merica!)

If someone missed the boat, but still wants the car, can afford 250k to get the car they want...... more power to them. Just wait till the boat load of cars that dealers are spec'ing hit the market and people pay a bunch over sticker on a vehicle built the way THEY DIDN'T EVEN WANT.

No one puts a gun to anyone's head. Free will gentleman. If people are so concerned about the dollar amount STOP BUYING DEPRECIATING ASSESTS! hahaha Some people need a reality check.

I'm sure the majority of the individuals buying these cars operate on a little economic theory called "Supply and Demand".

I'm not looking for a debate on "good business practices" and a few guys totally have it figured out. In fact most do and don't complain about it. But damn, alotta fellas sure do take this business personal.

Cheers everyone! Happy Friday. Drive Fast. Drive Safe.
Zach,

Just to offer you a little bit of advice - I would stop posting all together before you continue to drive away customers of future cars. Not to mention future employers when you're looking for your next job. Your posts don't exactly demonstrate the attributes people look for in a salesperson.

Ignore it or not, but no single deal is greater than the value of a franchise and in this case the franchise you're damaging is yourself.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:39 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ That's gold. RL is packed full of good advice paid for with life experience, good and bad, no doubt.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:14 PM
oc997
Racer

Nate I understand that the guys who jumped in last minute and are crying about paying over sticker with bunch of options they don't want should just buy the car and stop complaining as this is market dynamics.

On the other hand it's a different story when you have long term customers that were promised a car at sticker by their dealers and got shafted by by short sighted profits and lack of business ethics.

Lets see for example if you take that same attitude when you made a long standing Friday night date restaurant reservation at fancy Michelin star restaurant with your wife and someone walked in with no reservations behind you and the host gave your table to them in front of your face because they paid for your table by tipping them.

I can see the look on your face when the host says "supply and demand and nobody is putting a gun to your head so go ahead eat at another restaurant so here is your reality check pls wait longer or go eat somewhere else!"

I am sure you would agree this is fair and ensure you would come back to the restaurant no??

FYI I already have my V200 allocation for my 16 RS and I am only trying to put into perspective how this would feel if you were one of the customers who got shafted by dealers who was either promised allocation and msrp.

Last edited by oc997; 04-10-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:08 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Zach you are a douche !!! Guys like you don't even deserve 7 dollars/hr.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:13 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

I know a lot of people think there is nothing PCNA can do to stop this behavior. But, giving two middle fingers to PCNA in a public forum (Zach) will result in severe consequences.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders