Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 03:27 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

Its standard on the RS. Says that in the configurator.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:45 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachMartin
My 7/hr calculation was based on customers coming in asking for below sticker or invoice deals. The point I was getting at (and i believe you got it) was that dealerships get shamed for charging over sticker on a couple cars a year. Yet take zero dollar deals all the time to move units and give a customer "a good deal". Its a totally hypocritical accusation to shame a dealership for having one car that they have the right to ask a "market adjusted value" on, while the accuser walks down and complains about how much money the dealership makes at MSRP, complains, shops 10 different stores, and wants "a good deal". Your input is appreciated.
I see your point about market adjustments. But the way some of these dealers treat loyal customers hurts my feelings as a long time Porsche enthusiast.
This is just one example. And just to be clear. I have nothing against your dealership.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...h-porsche.html
Old 04-09-2015, 05:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Besides the obvious of not wanting to spend the extra money, I just can't mentally pay over MSRP for a car that a lot of people are buying at MSRP. Now if everyone was paying over MSRP that might change things, but that's not the case.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by PTGFAR
The telephone module option confuses me. I thought that it was an actual phone built into the car so you don't have to use your cel phone. But you would have to have an additional cellular plan for that phone. Blue tooth connection to your cel phone would be something different that would allow you to use your cel phone hands free while the phone is still in your pocket. I think a lot of cars come with the capability to connect to your cel phone by blue tooth with out extra cost.

Can someone clarify this?
You're correct. The optional $265 telephone module is a built in quad band phone that accepts a sim card. It uses the car's antennas, supposedly to give better reception and range. AFAIK it would require a separate cell phone service. There is a further option for $665 which gets you an additional Bluetooth handset.

As for Bluetooth itself, the first 2014 GT3 models required a specific $0 option to activate this feature which caused confusion among dealers and consternation when some folks who thought they were getting Bluetooth connectivity for their phones actually didn't. Some people also confused this $0 option with the telephone module option and the Bluetooth handset option.

Later GT3 models came with Bluetooth to pair your cell phone standard, no $0 option required, as does the new RS.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:23 PM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
You're correct. The optional $265 telephone module is a built in quad band phone that accepts a sim card. It uses the car's antennas, supposedly to give better reception and range. AFAIK it would require a separate cell phone service. There is a further option for $665 which gets you an additional Bluetooth handset.

As for Bluetooth itself, the first 2014 GT3 models required a specific $0 option to activate this feature which caused confusion among dealers and consternation when some folks who thought they were getting Bluetooth connectivity for their phones actually didn't. Some people also confused this $0 option with the telephone module option and the Bluetooth handset option.

Later GT3 models came with Bluetooth to pair your cell phone standard, no $0 option required, as does the new RS.
Thank you!!! finally makes sense!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:54 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I see your point about market adjustments. But the way some of these dealers treat loyal customers hurts my feelings as a long time Porsche enthusiast.
This is just one example. And just to be clear. I have nothing against your dealership.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...h-porsche.html
Thanks. Appreciate, the comment. It is a difficult numbers game. Tough spot for a manager to be in when they are driven by numbers and your staring down the barrel of a great deal. For example, One good GT3rs deal can equal the profit of 10 car deals from the loyal customer. At an average of one to two cars a year, which is a seriously good customer, that is 5-10 years in car sales... Most managers are not in the seat for 5-10 years. In my opinion. Its a tough balance. I completely understand the frustration, its a tough call. These cars aren't fetching just a little over, guys offer BIG numbers over sticker. Tell people to stop paying 50k over hahaha and we won't have this issue hahaha
Old 04-09-2015, 09:56 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Besides the obvious of not wanting to spend the extra money, I just can't mentally pay over MSRP for a car that a lot of people are buying at MSRP. Now if everyone was paying over MSRP that might change things, but that's not the case.
Wait till the cars run out Early bird gets the worm. But if you got the dough, you may still want the worm.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:40 PM
PTGFAR
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA

Thanks for clarifying. With this and some of the other options, if the dealer doesn't explain what the option really is, you can end up with things that you would not have selected.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:34 AM
omgjon
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Confirmed delivery late September or early October. Lava Orange, with options $209,000. Yes I paid ++sticker. Plano Texas. Car will reside in San Diego! I tried my San Diego dealer with no luck, even though my Carrera GT, 997GT3 RS and 993 Turbo get all their service done there. I've only bought a couple of cars there but service for a Carrera GT isn't cheap!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:25 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by omgjon
Confirmed delivery late September or early October. Lava Orange, with options $209,000. Yes I paid ++sticker. Plano Texas. Car will reside in San Diego! I tried my San Diego dealer with no luck, even though my Carrera GT, 997GT3 RS and 993 Turbo get all their service done there. I've only bought a couple of cars there but service for a Carrera GT isn't cheap!
Well there will be at least 2 lava orange RS cars in SD
Old 04-10-2015, 03:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

My 7/hr calculation was based on customers coming in asking for below sticker or invoice deals. The point I was getting at (and i believe you got it) was that dealerships get shamed for charging over sticker on a couple cars a year. Yet take zero dollar deals all the time to move units and give a customer "a good deal". Its a totally hypocritical accusation to shame a dealership for having one car that they have the right to ask a "market adjusted value" on, while the accuser walks down and complains about how much money the dealership makes at MSRP, complains, shops 10 different stores, and wants "a good deal". Your input is appreciated.
noted and as i mentioned. dump those customers.
i buy "regular" porsches and they give me 3-4% off. i thank them and buy those. i dont negotiate much. i just like to spec cars my way. and with that, i also like to get msrp for specials cars.

RS confirmed
Old 04-10-2015, 04:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Wait till the cars run out Early bird gets the worm. But if you got the dough, you may still want the worm.
Oh, I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a nice used 991 RS since I have a little PTS unicorn 997.2 RS that I could offer up.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:43 AM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

Is it the standard at this point to be paying more than MSRP? I have been seeing this at most my dealer options.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:53 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by AciDShOrT
Is it the standard at this point to be paying more than MSRP? I have been seeing this at most my dealer options.
It looks like most dealers are trying, the poster zachmartin's store is asking $50K over and claims they have a deposit. I'm 2nd on my local dealers list where I bought my GT3, but just wanted to hedge my bets.
At $250K I will buy a diff car.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:47 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
It looks like most dealers are trying, the poster zachmartin's store is asking $50K over and claims they have a deposit. I'm 2nd on my local dealers list where I bought my GT3, but just wanted to hedge my bets.
At $250K I will buy a diff car.
At anything above MSRP, I will be buying a different car.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders