Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 11:55 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Your info and pic are public sir,anyone can see them. I don't see a problem to introduce yourself.
I can erase that post for you,I don't see where the line has been crossed when it's all on Google.
You can charge all you want,but you won't be regarded very well by any enthusiast community.
I don't believe it was the fact you shared my public info.... It was the fact that others feel you did it with malicious intent.

In fact, I am not a SPONSOR for rennlist. SO I am not allowed to share my personal info as a Salesman. I am not allowed to "advertise". So when i participate in a conversation I have to be careful about my verb-age. Hence why I don't "introduce" myself. I don't want to share every vehicle I have sitting on my lot. I just want to participate like a normal individual. Learn more about the brand from "enthusiasts" and share any knowledge that I have from an insiders perspective.

Again, if the enthusiast community wants to buy a regular car at or below MSRP its no big deal. The GT3RS is not a normal car.

In fact the manufacturer actually "SUGGESTS" the price on the car. So anytime I sell for under MSRP or you shop around to pay below. You are (hypothetically) hurting the Porsche brand and depreciating other "enthusiasts" vehicles by manipulating the "market value". But we obviously don't need to talk about that.

The enthusiasts don't have to buy my car. duuuuuh. SO simple, get one somewhere else...... but if you can't. You know where one is. From one car guy to another, at this point, you seem a little more out of touch with reality than the car salesman. OUCH dude. Looks like it's time to close up shop. Have a good night.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:59 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Honestly, I a little surprised so many LO cars are bring ordered. But, the color options are dismal right now. And the interior color options for non-LO are also dismal.

(I love LO. Not as much as Pastel Orange, though.)
Not the first time I have heard that complaint. Not the most optimal color choices for the interior, throughout the exterior color line up.

But otherwise I've seen a huge amount of Lava Orange and White.... Personally , no questions asked ULTRAVIOLET would be my color. Lotta guys will talk about how it would be cool. Smaller percentage will actually order it. I'd rock it for sure. That car screaming at the track, purple flash screaming by. YUP! Not the color for someone trying to be low key.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:00 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachMartin
All this talk about over sticker.... I will never feel bad taking 50k over. Sorry gentleman. This is how I put food on my plate. I take diggers all the time to compete with the volume sales Bellevue does. If you don't like it, go buy somewhere else, at MSRP and be happy, that is it. Absolutely no reason to take offense to it. The dealership owns the cars. They can use em for target practice if they want. ('merica!) If someone missed the boat, but still wants the car, can afford 250k to get the car they want...... more power to them. Just wait till the boat load of cars that dealers are spec'ing hit the market and people pay a bunch over sticker on a vehicle built the way THEY DIDN'T EVEN WANT. No one puts a gun to anyone's head. Free will gentleman. If people are so concerned about the dollar amount STOP BUYING DEPRECIATING ASSESTS! hahaha Some people need a reality check. I'm sure the majority of the individuals buying these cars operate on a little economic theory called "Supply and Demand". I'm not looking for a debate on "good business practices" and a few guys totally have it figured out. In fact most do and don't complain about it. But damn, alotta fellas sure do take this business personal. Cheers everyone! Happy Friday. Drive Fast. Drive Safe.
If this is how you want to participate as an enthusiast I rest my case...
Old 04-11-2015, 12:12 AM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Anyone else wish they put the pit speed button on the steering wheel? It is literally the only button I would want on the steering wheel....strange
Old 04-11-2015, 12:30 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Whats the speed limit button do exactly? What's it for and how to use it?
School zones?
Old 04-11-2015, 12:40 AM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Whats the speed limit button do exactly? What's it for and how to use it?
School zones?
From Porsche.com "Nevertheless, the new 911 GT3 RS is also capable of slowing the pace down: the PIT SPEED button on the center console activates a speed limiter, cooling the car’s temperament at a single stroke."

I think pit speeds are usually limited to a max of 50-55mph depending on the track. My bet is that this will be adjustable in the toggle menu and if you hit the console button it will limit speeds no matter how far you press the gas pedal. much like hitting the rev limiter when you hit the adjusted speed the engine will just bounce off the revs at that speed. I think. 991 cup has one and worked nicely just hit the button out of the pits and up goes revs but before it just sort of idles at the max speed if you have the pedal down, perfect for school zones.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:45 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

thanks, I guess some DE events have pit lane speeds as well.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:47 AM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
thanks, I guess some DE events have pit lane speeds as well.
Certain ly not as applicable as in races but

I'd rather have it just under my right thumb as on the Cup. Hey I had to find something to bitch about
Old 04-11-2015, 01:06 AM
race7117
Burning Brakes

kinda gives you the idea
Old 04-11-2015, 10:28 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Honestly, I a little surprised so many LO cars are bring ordered. But, the color options are dismal right now. And the interior color options for non-LO are also dismal.

(I love LO. Not as much as Pastel Orange, though.)
I ordered LO but probably would have gotten black. I am afraid to wait for PTS.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by race7117
Porsche cup car on the pit lane speed limiter at the 2013 Australian GP[/url]

kinda gives you the idea

They sounds like small helicopters or giant lawn movers
Old 04-11-2015, 04:41 PM
oc997
Racer

Ultraviolet will either be that rare desired color a few years later that command a premium or it will be disliked and the more popular Lava Orange will be the one.

The ultra violet seems like a dice roll as I am not sure the RS is digesting the color well with its body lines and contrasting brake color and also the lack of purple deviated stitching on the inside.

I am playing mine safe and sticking with LO with matching interior
Old 04-11-2015, 05:17 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

I cannot wrap my mind around a purple car, but that's just me.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:22 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Your avatar says it all....Lava Strong !
Old 04-11-2015, 05:29 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Do the fruit.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders