Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ - that's funny!!
Old 01-28-2015, 01:57 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Hey joe great videos. Just can't get over the pace of that thing on track. Too bad about the track precision app. Seems for that option cost you're better off getting an aim dl and smarty hd and a gopro or two. Smarty with solo DL is totally mindless to use once setup. DRive and instant videos with overlay. You're right on gopro wide angle. Going to do narrow next event. Wide looks cool but makes things look very far or very close. Tow hook mount gives great sense of speed though.

On the xpel. I had shop double coat in front of rear wheels. On track that area gets thrashed on the wide body's. More than bumper. This is on my 997. I can replace just the top layer.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:04 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Hey joe great videos. Just can't get over the pace of that thing on track. Too bad about the track precision app. Seems for that option cost you're better off getting an aim dl and smarty hd and a gopro or two. Smarty with solo DL is totally mindless to use once setup. DRive and instant videos with overlay. You're right on gopro wide angle. Going to do narrow next event. Wide looks cool but makes things look very far or very close. Tow hook mount gives great sense of speed though.

On the xpel. I had shop double coat in front of rear wheels. On track that area gets thrashed on the wide body's. More than bumper. This is on my 997. I can replace just the top layer.
Thanks, man! Good idea on the double coat in the rear. It looks like I'll need it!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:27 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Awesome driving. We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:54 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Joe, I know it says in the earlier pages that you are running PFC11 and love them, but what about rotors and brake fluid?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:19 AM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Great driving Joe! I am sure next time out you will be sub 1:50s
Old 01-28-2015, 03:29 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
Joe, I know it says in the earlier pages that you are running PFC11 and love them, but what about rotors and brake fluid?
Are we sure the OEM fluid is a problem? I wouldn't want to risk voiding the warranty on the braking system by using non-OEM fluid unless it's truly necessary.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:41 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Joe, First off, in the video with ben, it looks like he has alot of understeer in the entry.. What did you do to counter that? Is it possible to reduce the angle of the rear wing or is it fixed?

Second off, I must say that even the app is SH***, that red watch on the dash looks awesome.

I have it specced on my car now and debating if I should cancel it or not?? Kind of like the look of the watch on the dash but can't order it separately.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Mother's R3. It's the best. Makes it easy.
Does it work fine on the parts where there is protection film as well?

(I find it "easy" to clean rubber from the paint but difficult where there is film...)
Old 01-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Racer99
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everybody,

I’m from Germany. And I normally read only in this and other Forums.

I also chose the new Sport Chrono Package with the Track Precision App, so I was a little bit confused of the problems around Video that “orthojoe” had with.
Because of the Winter I had no possibility to go on a Racetrack (excited on spring), but I tested the System here on some roads around and it works fine. Video is also every time good synchronized.
At the first time I need some time to set it up, but then it is quite easy to use. I think that Porsche will care the App and extend the features. And note, that the Smartphonecams are getting better and better. I can recommend this Option.

I’m fine with it, that the Video with data were merged directly in the Phone. At Harrys Laptimer you have always to sync yourself and render it together. This needs lots of time and space on the Phone.

You can also easy record your Phonescreen with some tools, so you get one Videofile for Youtube. I read the FAQs and I found a tip/ hint for this > (2.16 How can I view my smartphone screen in large format on my PC or TV?)
For Mac I found the Software “Reflector” which uses Airplay. You only start this and connect your iPhone with usb. Now you can easily record the Screen and also the Video with Data.
It also works with HDMI and other Software…
If you search only the Videos that are recorded with the App, you have to go on iTunes. See the Point 2.11 in the FAQs ( For iOS devices, you will find the files in iTunes under "Smartphone Name" > Apps > File Sharing > Track Precision App.)

Today I had a day off, so I wanted also to make sure that the App works fine, when I go on the Track. So I made a short recording and created a Hands-on with a Demovideo.
But I had not such great ride like “orthojoe” (I’m jealous ;-)).

Here is a YouTube link for it:

@“orthojoe”: You have to try it once more. I think with your recording and video is something going wrong. (I use an iPhone 5s, and the latest V1.2.6)

Greetings from cold Germany
Racer99
Old 01-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is hope. Thanks,
Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
OEM rotors and fluid are working fine so far. I see no need to change right now.

Originally Posted by doba_s
Great driving Joe! I am sure next time out you will be sub 1:50s
LOL! Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I want to live!

Originally Posted by Mech33
Are we sure the OEM fluid is a problem? I wouldn't want to risk voiding the warranty on the braking system by using non-OEM fluid unless it's truly necessary.
non-OEM fluid won't void your warranty, but I don't see a need to change it right now. Laguna Seca will be the test since it's the only norcal track that is brutal on brakes.

Originally Posted by Shahano
Hi Joe, First off, in the video with ben, it looks like he has alot of understeer in the entry.. What did you do to counter that? Is it possible to reduce the angle of the rear wing or is it fixed?

Second off, I must say that even the app is SH***, that red watch on the dash looks awesome.

I have it specced on my car now and debating if I should cancel it or not?? Kind of like the look of the watch on the dash but can't order it separately.
For me, there is a touch of understeer on entry, which I am OK with. Ben's driving style is slightly different than mine, but he had no problems with the car's setup either. The wing is adjustable, but we haven't messed with that yet. If you want the clock, get it. If you desire the app, forget it.

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Does it work fine on the parts where there is protection film as well?

(I find it "easy" to clean rubber from the paint but difficult where there is film...)
It still works on the film, but takes a touch more rubbing to remove. On paint, it just wipes off.

Originally Posted by Racer99
Hello everybody,

I also chose the new Sport Chrono Package with the Track Precision App, so I was a little bit confused of the problems around Video that “orthojoe” had with.
Because of the Winter I had no possibility to go on a Racetrack (excited on spring), but I tested the System here on some roads around and it works fine. Video is also every time good synchronized.
At the first time I need some time to set it up, but then it is quite easy to use. I think that Porsche will care the App and extend the features. And note, that the Smartphonecams are getting better and better. I can recommend this Option.

I’m fine with it, that the Video with data were merged directly in the Phone. At Harrys Laptimer you have always to sync yourself and render it together. This needs lots of time and space on the Phone.

You can also easy record your Phonescreen with some tools, so you get one Videofile for Youtube. I read the FAQs and I found a tip/ hint for this > (2.16 How can I view my smartphone screen in large format on my PC or TV?)
For Mac I found the Software “Reflector” which uses Airplay. You only start this and connect your iPhone with usb. Now you can easily record the Screen and also the Video with Data.
If you search only the Videos that are recorded with the App, you have to go on iTunes. See the Point 2.11 in the FAQs ( For iOS devices, you will find the files in iTunes under "Smartphone Name" > Apps > File Sharing > Track Precision App.)

Today I had a day off, so I wanted also to make sure that the App works fine, when I go on the Track. So I made a short recording and created a Hands-on with a Demovideo.

@“orthojoe”: You have to try it once more. I think with your recording and video is something going wrong. (I use an iPhone 5s, and the latest V1.2.6)

Racer99

Thanks (Harry?), I will try it once more, but I have concerns. My first session it recorded nothing. The second session it recorded out of sync, so I just gave up. Your solution to export video is viable, but I find it unacceptable. The app will be of little use to me until the non export problem is fixed.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:48 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for posting! Steering wheel still looks a tad out of sync, but much better.

Originally Posted by Racer99
Hello everybody,

Here is a YouTube link for it:

Racer99
Old 01-28-2015, 01:59 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Was looking at the AWE website for the wind deflector:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-tuning...-wind-diffuser

In the description, it says "Allows for “single window” down driving without buffeting". That does me no good since both windows need to be down. Can anyone confirm?
Old 01-28-2015, 02:58 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Was looking at the AWE website for the wind deflector:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-tuning...-wind-diffuser

In the description, it says "Allows for “single window” down driving without buffeting". That does me no good since both windows need to be down. Can anyone confirm?
I read that like you could go with just window down in addition to both, but who knows. Maybe ask AWE?

Quick Reply: Orthojoe's track build journal