Sponsored by:

PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Bingo, if you lease the car why do you care what the title says?
Except that no one will probably ever lease one. Sonnen said that Porsche agreed to lease them using residuals and rates from their used car program. Typically, the used residuals are lower and the rates are higher which, given similar selling prices, will result in a higher payment. Will people really want to lease a used GT3 for a higher payment than a brand new one? I wouldn't, but maybe some people would.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:21 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
Except that no one will probably ever lease one. Sonnen said that Porsche agreed to lease them using residuals and rates from their used car program. Typically, the used residuals are lower and the rates are higher which, given similar selling prices, will result in a higher payment. Will people really want to lease a used GT3 for a higher payment than a brand new one? I wouldn't, but maybe some people would.
The lease from PFS is simply another tool to help a dealer move the cars....it is very clear based on feedback no members here will A) buy these cars at all based on price B) lease these cars because program is no good.

I don't think it will matter these cars will for the most part be gone within the month. I suspect that most will be sold and exported to high demand NO supply areas of the world (vs u.s. High demand low supply) because they will pay a profit and the dealer can turn them quickly.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello Guys,

Our hope in buying one or two of the GT3's was to display one for our new showroom which is opening next month and also if we could get them around invoice we had a few customers willing to purchase a GT3 at a slight discount with the branded titles. As we just received our allocation this week for more GT3's it made less sense for us to over bid on these 2014 cars.....but we are an MSRP store and other dealers are not which may have helped them make a decision on paying sticker price for these cars.....

Old 09-25-2014, 03:03 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Thanks, Brett, much appreciated. The simple explanation trumps the convoluted theory. It seems clear that dealers who were willing to buy at or near sticker either have buyers lined up who are willing to pay more than they did, or are willing to take a small loss to keep good customers happy. I'd bet on the former......
Nine of these cars just popped up today on Cars.com.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:05 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Also, 911 thumbs up for Brett Payne at Sonnen Porsche.

Period.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:06 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Our hope in buying one or two of the GT3's was to display one for our new showroom which is opening next month and also if we could get them around invoice we had a few customers willing to purchase a GT3 at a slight discount with the branded titles. As we just received our allocation this week for more GT3's it made less sense for us to over bid on these 2014 cars.....but we are an MSRP store and other dealers are not which may have helped them make a decision on paying sticker price for these cars.....
Old 09-25-2014, 03:28 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Here's a portion of the Carfax for one of the cars. Pretty clear status.

05/20/2014 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Atlanta, GA
Title #0114063567 Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory
MANUFACTURER BUYBACK
OR LEMON REPORTED
Vehicle color noted as White

06/09/2014 Porsche Cars North America Manufacturer Voluntary Service Action issued
#WE21 VOLUNTARY SERVICE ACTION - REPLACE WHEEL
HOUSING LINER GT

07/14/2014 281 Brumos Porsche
Jacksonville, FL
904-725-9155
brumosporsche.com Air filter replaced
Antifreeze/coolant flushed/changed
Oil and filter changed
Engine removed to complete repair
Flywheel/flexplate replaced
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Muffler replaced
Transmission computer/module reprogrammed
Old 09-25-2014, 03:49 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,975 Likes on 918 Posts

Thank you Brett for bringing some sanity to this conversation. Good to have confirmation that corporate buybacks are indeed lemons like anyone who took the time to google the subject already would know. Somehow obvious information isn't readily accepted when a conspiracy theory is much more exciting to dream up and discuss.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:37 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone know what's up with the "transmission computer / module reprogrammed " according to that Carfax?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:21 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

I'm trying to understand what a branded title means. So previous owner decides he had enuf with car and Porsche decides to buy it back. I assume these cars were run with the old motors and previous owner says "screw the engine swap so on and so on". Porsche buys it back and engine swap done etc. So it's essentially a new car with new engine swap. What's the difference between buybacks and current owners having the same exact thing done? Looking at prices if they were bought close to Msrp other than piece of paper what's wrong with it? Mike
Old 09-25-2014, 05:28 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
Anyone know what's up with the "transmission computer / module reprogrammed " according to that Carfax?
Carfax is simply reading a line from repair order from dealership when engines were replaced. The original computers were probably reflashed or reset when engines replaced.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I'm trying to understand what a branded title means. So previous owner decides he had enuf with car and Porsche decides to buy it back. I assume these cars were run with the old motors and previous owner says "screw the engine swap so on and so on". Porsche buys it back and engine swap done etc. So it's essentially a new car with new engine swap. What's the difference between buybacks and current owners having the same exact thing done? Looking at prices if they were bought close to Msrp other than piece of paper what's wrong with it? Mike
Exactly.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Also, 911 thumbs up for Brett Payne at Sonnen Porsche.

Period.
+1 ...
Old 09-26-2014, 01:08 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Dan ( who likes to place editorial comments at the end of his posts)

I wonder if you will start a trend?
If so, I hope it will make the forum more fun for us.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11676843

Dan (is flattered )
Old 09-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,885 Likes on 972 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Just thought I would ad some COLOR to this thread...
That color never gets old.

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Porsche buys it back and engine swap done etc. So it's essentially a new car with new engine swap.
Only the engine is new. The average mileage on these cars is 730. How would you feel if your dealer told said that before you took delivery of your new GT3 he was going to let a stranger drive it unsupervised for 730 miles?

Quick Reply: PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today