Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:26 PM
CTT-QTR
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jonsack
Mine got delivered to the dealer and is being stored in a corner of thr detail shop with stop sale,do not touch and no pdi written all over it. I was able to visit and sit in it. Not able to start it or turn it on. It looks great and I can't wait to drive it! Thankfully I am going to SouthAfrica for the Argus bicycle race next week so that should keep the frustration level at bay. Maybe it will be ready on my return mid March. The general manager was at a porsche meeting in Vegas the past week and the consensus is most cars are not affected depending on vin # part suppliers etc. He also said the final answer to the problem is really close hopefully Monday. He gave me my copy of the letter from Porsche while I was there.
Oh my..this stop sale has really turned Porsche upside down!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:01 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Lol...
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sqweak
Fwiw, almost no serious track junkies run PCCB. The running costs are simply too high. Even if their gt3 came with them, they swap out to iron.
Agree. If my plan was to track extensively I wouldn't have gotten PCCB's, although if Porsche is to be believed the latest generation are supposed to wear much better on track. Regardless, for street, autocross, and the odd track day, I'm not concerned about wearing them out prematurely.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:47 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
When I did my last tourist delivery in 2009, I had to pay for the car in full 30 days before my scheduled pickup date. Has that changed? If not, then if you're 30 days out and the hold is still in effect, you'll have to decide whether you still want to do TD, pay for the car if you do, and hope that it will be released before your date. It sounds like you'll be out the travel costs regardless.

I sympathize with your situation. I was supposed to pick up my first Porsche at the factory in 1984. The metalworkers union went on strike, the factory shut down, and I was on the hook for all of the travel expenses. We went anyway, but there was no new Carrera to drive.

I hope you have better luck.
Luckily I have lot of flexibility since I work from my phone and computer from any where in the word. Currently in Croatia today traveling and working. I am concerned that if I get with in 30 days of delivery and Porsche has not resolved this issue I can't see paying for the car. Hopefully Porsche will not be requiring us to purchase cars just to keep our allocation even if this is not resolved. I have no problem delaying production and actual do not want new cars produced till this is resolved.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:53 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
I am concerned that if I get with in 30 days of delivery and Porsche has not resolved this issue I can't see paying for the car. Hopefully Porsche will not be requiring us to purchase cars just to keep our allocation even if this is not resolved.
Highly doubtful that a dealer or PAG will require you to fork over money for a car in quarantine. Makes no sense. I think part of the current campaign is 'stop sale' which means no business transactions should be taking place till resolution.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:56 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Highly doubtful that a dealer or PAG will require you to fork over money for a car in quarantine. Makes no sense. I think part of the current campaign is 'stop sale' which means no business transactions should be taking place till resolution.
I agree. I think it would be highly unlikely. I miss discussions on red stitching!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Better not drive them:
Query: will this admonition to stop driving the car relieve them of warranty liabilty? Gotta love those lawyers.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:54 PM
sidicks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sqweak
Fwiw, almost no serious track junkies run PCCB. The running costs are simply too high. Even if their gt3 came with them, they swap out to iron.
That is certainly true for older versions of PCCB, but the latest versions (as used on the 918) are supposedly much more durable and appropriate for track use (provided the heat build up is managed sensibly).
Old 02-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Better not drive them:
Query: will this admonition to stop driving the car relieve them of warranty liabilty? Gotta love those lawyers.
I am not sure how many lawyers would take the case unless state law protects the owner.

Look at the facts. Owner is told to park the car and Porsche will furnish alternate transportation. Despite the warning owner drives the car which results in a fire that consumes the car. If you are sitting on a jury would you make Porsche pay for the value of the car?

I don't think so.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:58 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I really hope you'll get yours just fine. I'm having withdrawal after not driving it for just 5 days. I only had that with my first ever car! Surprised about your strict ED timing - I thought you retired and had nothing else to do but drive cars and talk about it on the internet (not that there is anything wrong with that).
LOL. I'm not retired (way too young for that still) - i'm just really selective of what clients I work with

I'm not too worried about ED. Worst case scenario, the car gets delivered here, and I get it a month earlier than I would if I did ED. I would like to do ED though, since I haven't been Europe in a while, and have never been to Germany before.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:08 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

so anyone have thoughts on when we will be able to procure our cars? weeks/months?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:15 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
so anyone have thoughts on when we will be able to procure our cars? weeks/months?
Riley, when is your car due to arrive? Is it at port or dealer already? May have missed that.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
Sooner than we think.

If Porsche's announcement that only a few cars are affected is verified they will release the cars. Those who's cars are affected probably will have several weeks before they see their cars.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:37 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@Nick -- Did you hear something concrete?
Old 02-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
@Nick -- Did you hear something concrete?
No; just common sense. There was a report that Porsche may have an answer as soon as tomorrow and more than likely this week.

Porsche has made it clear that in their initial investigation they suspect only a small number of cars are involved. The stop sale as they wrote to the dealers was in an "abundance of caution"

Extrapolating from the above facts, I have concluded the stop sale will be short term.:thumb up:

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?