Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:03 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Now you're talking, Jeff! Great pics from a better time.

It's hard to find too much photo material when the car is parked in your driveway, but here's some I took this morning. Love the curves on these cars...takes your mind off of them catching fire...
Great pictures and great taste in picking Red color for your GT3! You have chosen wisely
Old 02-22-2014, 11:04 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCBH
Good call - they will sort this out quickly. In the meantime, drove the car last weekend up Mulholland Highway and there is a great photographer posted there every weekend and he got some great shots of my car. Looking at these is tiding me over...hope you guys like.
I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing
Old 02-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Great pictures and great taste in picking Red color for your GT3! You have chosen wisely
Mike. I think that will now be known as 991 GT3 colour "fire engine red" LOL (sorry mate I couldn't help it ;-))
Old 02-22-2014, 11:23 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Good call - they will sort this out quickly. In the meantime, drove the car last weekend up Mulholland Highway and there is a great photographer posted there every weekend and he got some great shots of my car. Looking at these is tiding me over...hope you guys like.
JC do you have the silver wheel option ?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

As to the question of if production was stopped, I know at least it wasn't halted the week of 11 February when the report initiated. After that point I am uncertain. But for sure the production wasn't pulled off the line or cancelled.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:27 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Guilty. They're photogenic.... .
They certainly are gorgeous

I am a little bit curious about these brakes and your impressions so far about them. I almost ordered them, but I heard couple of negative comments from some friends who had them, scared me about getting them.

I am sure these are great for the track, but I am curious, how do they perform at low speed around the city. What I have heard, that they tend to be a bit squishy and lack the braking feel during the first part of pedal travel especially when they are cold, which kind of makes sense, since the optimal operating temperature of the carbon materials is much higher than the standard brakes, but Once the brakes heat up, under serious track use, then they feel great.

I am curious to hear your take on them, and if any of the complaints I heard are even true.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:37 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

General question -- My car is due to arrive at my home port in the next week or so. Assuming that the stop sale is still in effect, does the car stay stored at the port? Or will it still get delivered to my dealer, where it will lie in wait?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:38 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Mike. I think that will now be known as 991 GT3 colour "fire engine red" LOL (sorry mate I couldn't help it ;-))
LOL, that's funny. I started to say something similar in my post, but I changed my mind and deleted the comment. I thought it may be too cruel to mention. But I agree it was certainly inviting.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 186 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
lol! You have to laugh otherwise you cry....

They certainly are gorgeous

I am a little bit curious about these brakes and your impressions so far about them. I almost ordered them, but I heard couple of negative comments from some friends who had them, scared me about getting them.

I am sure these are great for the track, but I am curious, how do they perform at low speed around the city. What I have heard, that they tend to be a bit squishy and lack the braking feel during the first part of pedal travel especially when they are cold, which kind of makes sense, since the optimal operating temperature of the carbon materials is much higher than the standard brakes, but Once the brakes heat up, under serious track use, then they feel great.

I am curious to hear your take on them, and if any of the complaints I heard are even true.
Mark, the complaints may be true about the earlier PCCB's; I don't know because I never owned them. But the third generation PCCB's on the GT3 have none of the problems you mention and are the best brakes I've ever experienced. Solid pedal and great feel hot or cold, no squeal or noise, virtually no dust, and massive stopping power.

I can't compare them to the cast iron GT3 brakes which I'm sure are excellent. But I love these brakes and have no regrets about spending the money for them that I did....
Old 02-22-2014, 11:57 PM
0Q991
Drifting

@Mike in CA -- Any sort of bedding in process that you ran through for the PCCBs?
Old 02-23-2014, 12:14 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Great pics JC!

Gotta love our So. Cal. sunshine!
Originally Posted by R.Deacon
JC do you have the silver wheel option ?
No - I have the standard wheel finish but with the sunlight it looks lighter...but they are standard...here are some other normal pics..
Attached Images   
Old 02-23-2014, 12:19 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mike. I wonder if it is easy to retrofit these. I think I have seen couple of threads on this subject, which I will search and review. But thanks for sharing with us.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by 0Q991
@Mike in CA -- Any sort of bedding in process that you ran through for the PCCBs?
Nothing special in the manual or that I'm aware of. I took it pretty easy on the brakes for the first 50-100 miles then normal braking after that.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:38 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Thanks, Mike. I came across an article on Total 911 with a process for bedding the PCCBs -- but it's from years ago, who knows which generation of PCCB...

I'm sure the current generation simply may not need such a process. In either case, some quick reading:

http://www.total911.com/news/how-to-...eramic-brakes/
Old 02-23-2014, 12:49 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Thanks, Mike. I came across an article on Total 911 with a process for bedding the PCCBs -- but it's from years ago, who knows which generation of PCCB...

I'm sure the current generation simply may not need such a process. In either case, some quick reading:

http://www.total911.com/news/how-to-...eramic-brakes/
Very interesting, Tim. Thanks. Might be hard to find a place on public roads where you could brake from 100+ MPH...... 45 times....... Mine seem to be working pretty well with an easy first few miles and then a few hard stops in normal road driving.

Thanks Mike. I wonder if it is easy to retrofit these. I think I have seen couple of threads on this subject, which I will search and review. But thanks for sharing with us.
I'm sure it could be done, but it would be crazy expensive. Individual rotors alone are on the order of $4K, I believe.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?