Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 01:30 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Indeed, Mark! It's a great car--solid build, great handling. Just a little bulldog of a car.

That said, I want our GT3s NOW!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:49 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you guys think we have hit the bottom or there is more to come? I sure could use some good news by now.

Sitting at the port:
http://jens-solitude.hubpages.com/hu...ying-a-New-Car
Old 03-13-2014, 02:44 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Do you guys think we have hit the bottom or there is more to come? I sure could use some good news by now.

Sitting at the port:
http://jens-solitude.hubpages.com/hu...ying-a-New-Car
Best advise is too unsubscribe and stay off the Forum for the day.. LOL..
.. I did that and haven't felt better all week. Ha Ha.. Just check the forum in the evening.. Totally forgot about it.

Porsche will announce when they are ready. They are the big boys.. Not worried about it.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:00 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Can I be a heretic and post a Chinese whispers theory in relation to the alleged update from Porsche that we were told would come out yesterday? Macca said that his reliable source told him we would hear from Porsche on Wednesday that all cars would all be recalled for new engines. Didn't happen of course!

Every time I speak to my dealer he says something like "They're working on it 24x7 and we're expecting to hear something next week". If I push I can actually get him to say something like "Yeah, maybe Wednesday". Obviously he has no idea. How could he?

Also, these updates seem to have been coming from PCNA, which, if it's anything like Porsche UK, is 99% a sales organisation and is only a very slight upgrade from any old dealer. Their letters are the exact same Chinese whispers I get from my dealer. They're written down on nice paper but they all say something like "We're really sorry... working really hard... expect to hear next week...".

So a direct question for Macca if he's reading. Is your source at a dealer or at PCNA or equivalent? If so, he will know nothing, which is why he's always wrong!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I bloody well hope he's wrong! I have a perfectly good GT3 that will be ready to drive in 72 hours (was driven of the RORO transporter at 9 am this morning!). I honestly believe my engine is a good one.

My source isn't a dealer as such but he is based in Europe and connected to the factory. Some markets did indeed get a communication on Wednesday but it wasnt NA, rather UAE and Australasia and the communication said status quo. You can find more here and Piston-heads.

My local dealer checked with their head office today and cannot confirm the information I was given that the engines will be swapped out with new. The source has been reliable to date so I have an email out to get an update and some specifics.

At this stage we have nothing formal from PAG. It may be simply a timing thing and we will be told later this week or the information I was given may be incorrect. Id prefer the later but suspect the former.

Sorry best I can do.

P.S. If you want more accurate information ask Apolo1. Maybe his factory contacts can give more reliable intel as he seemed always in the loop previously ;-)
Old 03-13-2014, 06:21 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for clarifying
Old 03-13-2014, 06:32 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
It was free, and standard of the abarath, similar to what Porsche charges. Mark
Wow, free? There is such a thing? I love the Abarth. Looks like you can put a harness belt too. Congrats.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:04 AM
FLM911
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
I bloody well hope he's wrong! I have a perfectly good GT3 that will be ready to drive in 72 hours (was driven of the RORO transporter at 9 am this morning!). I honestly believe my engine is a good one. My source isn't a dealer as such but he is based in Europe and connected to the factory. Some markets did indeed get a communication on Wednesday but it wasnt NA, rather UAE and Australasia and the communication said status quo. You can find more here and Piston-heads. My local dealer checked with their head office today and cannot confirm the information I was given that the engines will be swapped out with new. The source has been reliable to date so I have an email out to get an update and some specifics. At this stage we have nothing formal from PAG. It may be simply a timing thing and we will be told later this week or the information I was given may be incorrect. Id prefer the later but suspect the former. Sorry best I can do. P.S. If you want more accurate information ask Apolo1. Maybe his factory contacts can give more reliable intel as he seemed always in the loop previously ;-)
Well Macca I'm with you in that I hope the engine swap isn't the 'fix', my car has been rock solid. Its that good to drive...I honestly don't know what comes close for the money.

Macca regardless of whether or not your source is off base with the information re engine swap, you take the gold medal for most influential post and subsequent responses, new threads and general chatter ever on rennlist!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:22 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Macca info

Macca, keep your chin up! And thanks to you and MikeCa for taking the 991GT3 lead.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:42 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Macca regardless of whether or not your source is off base with the information re engine swap, you take the gold medal for most influential post and subsequent responses, new threads and general chatter ever on rennlist![/QUOTE]

+1
Thanks Macca, in following these threads, folks are really frustrated with PCNA and PAG for the lack of any info and such a lonnnnnng time in getting
any info on the future of the this car
Old 03-13-2014, 10:14 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Best advise is too unsubscribe and stay off the Forum for the day.. LOL.. .. I did that and haven't felt better all week. Ha Ha.. Just check the forum in the evening.. Totally forgot about it. Porsche will announce when they are ready. They are the big boys.. Not worried about it.
I tried and failed miserably in terms of avoiding RL. I think you've found the key though. Will try to limit visits to the forum...

Will likely continue to fail though.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:18 AM
YOCOHO
Racer

Angry

Originally Posted by RUF RS
I have to admit: I'm completely torn about this whole mess. I got really lucky, and as able to snag May 16'th delivery allocation in January. I was originally thinking of doing a European Delivery, as I have a trip to Stuttgart planned for mid September...BUT, I couldn't pass up this May allocation - so I put a deposit on the car and have been patiently waiting. Then THIS 'stop sale' hits and drags on with no end in sight.

Now, I'm wondering what to do??? Keep the allocation for May (a bird in hand....) or call the dealer, cancel the May car, and set up a September PU in Germany?????
It's a rhetorical question....but I do wonder.

Same here my originial delivery date was 5-16 two weeks ago as of yesterday now it's 5-23 car is in paint now. Just going to wait and see like everyone else.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by YOCOHO
Same here my originial delivery date was 5-16 two weeks ago as of yesterday now it's 5-23 car is in paint now. Just going to wait and see like everyone else.
Did you just check status this morning?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:38 AM
YOCOHO
Racer

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Did you just check status this morning?
No I called my dealer yesterday afternoon he checked while I was on the line.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 AM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 129 Posts

They'll be ready when I say they are ready!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?