Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 06:48 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
The 991 Specs (unless Geneva surprises)
leave space and i guess were limited by design for a 991.2 RS 530-550 hp
I don't have much experience in mechanics, but isn't 530-550hp too much to ask from a 6cyl NA engine? I feel that both the 3.8 and 4.0 are already maxed out, I don't see any room for more power from relatively small naturally aspirated high revving engines, compared to the V8s and V10s we find in ferraris and lambos. I mean the turbo is producing 530hp(?), and has twin turbos..
Unless the 991.2 GT3/RS goes turbo or KERS or whatever, I don't seen any possible improvement..
Old 02-16-2015, 07:44 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the color choices leaked so far - everyone will order orange or white and not that excited by the other options. Viola is disappointing if true, as is no black which was my second choice. If the special Grey is just GT Silver that's not that exciting to me either...
Old 02-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with Nate on the colors - the orange looks too pale from what I've seen - may go with the purple if it is a nice shade . Is it possible to have wheels , mirrors , spoiler end plates painted via Exclusive on a standard offer color ? That may be the way to go with GT Silver .
Old 02-16-2015, 11:33 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 435 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
I don't have much experience in mechanics, but isn't 530-550hp too much to ask from a 6cyl NA engine? I feel that both the 3.8 and 4.0 are already maxed out, I don't see any room for more power from relatively small naturally aspirated high revving engines, compared to the V8s and V10s we find in ferraris and lambos. I mean the turbo is producing 530hp(?), and has twin turbos..
Unless the 991.2 GT3/RS goes turbo or KERS or whatever, I don't seen any possible improvement..
Just recall the AP 991 GT3 introduction, he stated very clearly the engine
can and will be seen revving higher than 9k which so far is not 991RS case

so space for 991.2 RS
Old 02-17-2015, 12:41 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Last edited by Hoopumpers; 02-17-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:43 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

D -14... 2 weeks, guys... 2 weeks !
Old 02-17-2015, 02:50 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Can't see why Lane myself or any others commenting could be accused of bagging the RS. We all have GT3 and most with RS or GT4 on order and all of us can afford an RS. You have to remember the RS was conceived 4 years ago and the specification pretty much set in stone 2 years ago when AP told us what to expect! He said extreme, track focused, biggest changed yet between the to variants. That's what we will get. Extreme visuals track oriented aero gearing and suspension and a vehicle definitely less suited for the road. What I don't think we will get is huge HP although I expect the torque bump will be nice.....
Totally agree! I also think it won't be above USD 160-170K, and my deep inner instinct says it's going to be roughly USD 150K. And people will ejaculate because "it's the bargain of the century"
Old 02-17-2015, 09:21 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,198 Likes on 2,396 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Totally agree! I also think it won't be above USD 160-170K, and my deep inner instinct says it's going to be roughly USD 150K. And people will ejaculate because "it's the bargain of the century"
Every other source so far has indicated around $180K or $190K base. If it was $150K, I'd cry that I didn't get the RS instead of the regular GT3!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:25 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Porsche knows everyone one of these will sell (even at $195K), so there is NO reason why they would throw profit out the window (there is a reason they are so damn profitable). $175k-$185k stripper is my guess...over $200k once optioned.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I know the base price in Germany. If the US price follows the same pattern as for recent launched such as GTS, Targa, and 991 GT3 then the USD base price will certainly be $185K or above + tax and ORC + options etc.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Selvatico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I know the base price in Germany. If the US price follows the same pattern as for recent launched such as GTS, Targa, and 991 GT3 then the USD base price will certainly be $185K or above + tax and ORC + options etc.
Hi Macca
can you tell us the German price too? tks a lot
Tomorrow I will attend at the local presentation but I think that after
my two Italian colleagues, I will not get any other new. I will try to focus on
real weight (with carbon brakes, light battery or not?etc), real production dates and numbers, brakes
details (bigger or identical to Gt3?), Ring times if available and so on.
Any other suggestion by the Forum is welcome.. (for example black color yes or not ?)..
I have to admit that I was expecting for something more by Porsche after so
long wait. I just hope to see something that can really excite me again tomorrow..
Old 02-17-2015, 11:35 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 435 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Selvatico
Hi Macca
real weight (with carbon brakes, light battery or not?etc), real production dates and numbers, brakes
Any other suggestion by the Forum is welcome.. (for example black color yes or not ?)..
long wait. I just hope to see something that can really excite me again tomorrow..
Beat the iron while is still hot! :-D

All with you tomorrow i was getting insights
abiut the supposed ram air while a couple of passionate
diverged the tech discussion to funny Buggues

at which speed is ram supposed to improve hp?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:39 AM
LSs1Power
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a call from dealer to put the options in on their RS configurator. It didn't have pictures, but all the options were there as well as the colors.
They had Lava Orange, GT Silver and Violet which they weren't sure about, it is close to blue or purple. I selected Lava Orange. There is a 4th color but I can't recall it now as I was focused on the Lava Orange.

Another interesting thing that caught my attention was the seat options, they had the standard seat, Semi Bucket and Full Bucket. The Semi Bucket has an adjustable back rest. Again no pictures yet.

Also the PCM was an option along with the speakers. Roll bar and 6 points harness can't be had together with fire extinguisher which doesn't make sense to me. Maybe they fix that when final orders are set.

You can select the front axle lift. Also they had a blacked out LED lights which is nice. 90l tanks is an option. It has 20inch wheels with three colors, Standard, Silver and Black. Steel brakes are standard and Ceramics are optional.

It has standard interior and leather interior. The sport chrono package has telemetry capabilities.

By the way, only PDK is available. No manual.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Porsche knows everyone one of these will sell (even at $195K), so there is NO reason why they would throw profit out the window (there is a reason they are so damn profitable). $175k-$185k stripper is my guess...over $200k once optioned.
Porsche also could have sold the 4.0 above 200k and they didn't. They could also sell the GT4 above 100k in bundles. They could sell the RS for 180k in bundles but that's not what Porsche pricing is all about.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:46 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,818 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Selvatico
Hi Macca
Is Silver option GT Silver, some new matte version, or another silver? Nail down purple option: Viola, Audi Merlin, or something else?

Will US cars have rollbar mounts pre-installed? Don't expect them to know that in Italy but never hurts to ask depending on who's doing the presenting.

Any other changes to interior besides 918 steering wheel? Weight reduction? Is there a cup holder delete?

Are the CFP fenders and hood standard or an option?

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread