Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 03:26 PM
NYC-GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
"Porsche Platinum" Seems misleading, if it were from Porsche, all dealerships would be offering it.
It's from Porsche... they have 2 plans... Powertrain or the Platinum plan.... the Platinum plan is available as a $100 disappearing deductible or a $250 deductible (non-disappearing).
Old 08-24-2022, 03:46 PM
NYC-GT3
Rennlist Member

"Porsche Platinum" Seems misleading, if it were from Porsche, all dealerships would be offering it.
... that is what they call it..... I think quite a few dealers sell plans that are not through Porsche... higher profit margins for the dealers!

Last edited by NYC-GT3; 08-24-2022 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:01 PM
Indepth
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC-GT3
Sending PM...
Please PM me the dealer name as well if you wouldn’t mind.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:15 PM
nilrents
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Indepth
Please PM me the dealer name as well if you wouldn’t mind.
Why not simply post it publicly, @NYC-GT3??

Last edited by nilrents; 08-24-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:25 PM
NYC-GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nilrents
Why not simply post it publicly, @NYC-GT3??
I just don't want to advertise for anyone... my personal preference.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:41 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 507 Likes on 371 Posts

Maybe a GT3 owner who has been turned down from Porsche when trying to extended warranty coverage can chime in... you'd think if it really was from Porsche, all dealerships would be selling it. I'm just not sure how after 9 people saying Porsche does not offer extended warranty coverage for the GT3, we have 1 person saying they do... just my observations.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 08-24-2022, 05:46 PM
NYC-GT3
Rennlist Member

Maybe a GT3 owner who has been turned down from Porsche when trying to extended warranty coverage can chime in... you'd think if it really was from Porsche, all dealerships would be selling it. I'm just not sure how after 9 people saying Porsche does not offer extended warranty coverage for the GT3, we have 1 person saying they do... just my observations.
The do offer it for GT3 but NOT for the GT3 RS.
Old 08-25-2022, 04:54 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@greggmorton From Fidelity themselves, your ability to receive a quote on your 2016 was an error, unfortunately you do not qualify for coverage from Fidelity, if you'd like to explore options for your GT3 RS from our other provider, Freedom Warranty, I'd be happy to help. You can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333

The following 2 users liked this post by Highline-Autos.com:
nilrents (08-25-2022), rominl (08-26-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 06:51 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts
Default UPDATE: Fidelity quotes for GT3 models

Hey all - I just confirmed directly with Fidelity legal department – if the VIN decoder rates the vehicle and provides quotes, they will accept coverage for that vehicle. They are obviously aware of the exclusion listed for GT3 models, but due to the specific year, coverage is available for some 911 models due to the VIN decoder - must have something to do with the specific years. They will honor coverage and write the plan for sure. Basically, if the online quoting portal we have provides available options to purchase using the correct VIN, you’re good to go to purchase from Fidelity with no issue at all. They will accept the plan as normal. Confirmed with no issue at all.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...e-quote.html#/

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 08-30-2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:56 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Hey all - I just confirmed directly with Fidelity legal department – if the VIN decoder rates the vehicle and provides quotes, they will accept coverage for that vehicle. They are obviously aware of the exclusion listed for GT3 models, but due to the specific year, coverage is available for some 911 models due to the VIN decoder - must have something to do with the specific years. They will honor coverage and write the plan for sure. Basically, if the online quoting portal we have provides available options to purchase using the correct VIN, you’re good to go to purchase from Fidelity with no issue at all. They will accept the plan as normal. Confirmed with no issue at all.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...e-quote.html#/
.... Look at the email from our dealer assistance team to our dealer performance manager above.... we can not issue Fidelity policies on these vehicles.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:22 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well aware of the message received below, but I reached out personally to our Fidelity Dealer rep, who confirmed with the Fidelity Autorates admin team - they confirmed if the AutoRates system quotes coverage available for a specific VIN, they will honor the coverage. Regardless of the specific exclusion, if the VIN is decoded in the system, it is accurate. Each year pulls differently, therefore it will be honored. If your system quotes the VIN correctly and accurately, you can write the policy with no issues.

We have high level connections at Fidelity, so you can rest assured we're speaking with the right people who provide the right answers. The Dealer Assistance team is mainly a customer service connection for entry level questions.

See below answer from Fidelity directly:

"If the actual vin number allows you to rate and print the contracts, you can sell it. I had JM&A admin rate this make, and model (2016 Porsche 911 GT3) and we are okay with you moving forward."
Old 08-30-2022, 07:25 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Now obviously if they correct the system to exclude certain years/etc, like we're speaking about, the system will reflect that and no longer show options available. But if a contract is produced accurately and correctly, the plan will be honored since the system is accurately quoting coverage.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:34 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That was the same answer Fidelity gave us until I did some digging, provided vins from all other years of GT3 and GT3RS and none of those vehicles returned coverage. When I asked for clarification on why the 2016 GT3 RS is eligible.... and no other year or model of GT3 or GT3RS from generations 997, 991, and 992 is eligible, Dealer Assistance Team confirmed it was an error on the 2016's...

I would not feel comfortable selling such a policy when there are so many clear red flags.... even on the homepage your quoting tool it says the GT3 and GT3RS are ineligible vehicles.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:48 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All valid points, but we are referring to our admins here - to re-iterate - for those interested in purchasing the coverage for your vehicle, since the online quoting tool is accurately providing options for valid VIN's, Fidelity will stand-by and honor all plans written, regardless of the exclusion list. If the VIN decodes the vehicle, the coverage is valid. Period. We received a clear and concrete answer, and since the systems are working properly and accurately, if it quotes, it's valid. Period.

This should help clear up the confusion for eligible vehicles - Fidelity will always stand-by their quoting system they provide to the dealers, and if a VIN is quoting successfully and accurately, they honor the plan. Even if it happens to be a clear exclusion from a list, they honor the coverage. Fidelity Warranty Services processes roughly 350,000 plans per month - PER MONTH, therefore, are not concerned with a small margin of vehicles that may slip through the VIN decoding system. They have confirmed with me personally and specifically on this matter, and the coverage will be honored.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:51 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
All valid points, but we are referring to our admins here - to re-iterate - for those interested in purchasing the coverage for your vehicle, since the online quoting tool is accurately providing options for valid VIN's, Fidelity will stand-by and honor all plans written, regardless of the exclusion list. If the VIN decodes the vehicle, the coverage is valid. Period. We received a clear and concrete answer, and since the systems are working properly and accurately, if it quotes, it's valid. Period.

This should help clear up the confusion for eligible vehicles - Fidelity will always stand-by their quoting system they provide to the dealers, and if a VIN is quoting successfully and accurately, they honor the plan. Even if it happens to be a clear exclusion from a list, they honor the coverage. Fidelity Warranty Services processes roughly 350,000 plans per month - PER MONTH, therefore, are not concerned with a small margin of vehicles that may slip through the VIN decoding system. They have confirmed with me personally and specifically on this matter, and the coverage will be honored.
2016 GT3RS - my VIN on your website is showing me this. This will be honored, and I can get 300 off as a RL member? Sounds like I need to call you if I am a CA resident?

Quick Reply: Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?