Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 02:09 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I passed on the Miami Blue manual .2 that I had linked above - something seemed odd so I went with my gut and walked. Not to mention at 6'5" my knee would hit the steering wheel when I clutched out. I drove a friend's PDK .1 GT3 and it was lacking so much of the magic of the manual car, so now I'm thinking a 3RS may be the way I go. I found this one below at my local dealer that I've always been impressed with during service on my Cayenne, and the spec actually lines up pretty perfectly with what I want.

https://www.porschesouthshore.com/ce...49c0d840ae.htm

$203k MSRP car with 16k miles, priced at $192k + CPO. It does seem like an odd spec being an RS yet having the sofas in it, but they're so much more comfortable for someone my size so I'm all for it. Only thing I'd prefer is PCCB but that's not a deal breaker for me either way. Absolute love the stitching and painted console. No rear PPF unfortunately, but the front end is all done.

Am I correct to assume that I'll have a real tough time come resale time on an RS without buckets/ceramics? I'm trying to not get too wrapped up in worrying about resale, but I'm unfortunately not rich enough to not think about that haircut at all. The price seems a little high all things considered, but I'm okay with a bit of a premium to shop with a local dealer that has taken care of me before. I'm in a bit of a time pinch prior to a business trip and may end up pulling the trigger by the end of the week, but trying to get an idea before I start talking numbers. Any opinions/comments are very much appreciated.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:16 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
CPO does not transfer when sold by anyone other than porsche dealer. The car has to go through a CPO inspection and a new $3,500 fee to PCNA each time
this happens. There is no service advisor that can make this work, at least no approved/known way. I dont see why/how a service department would take a risk like this. The car may no longer be CPO eligibile due to various reasons including overrevs.
I've called quite a few dealerships about details on the CPO warranties, specifically whether I can just buy a CPO warranty from them on a car I purchase elsewhere. I've received unclear and contradictory info on that, but for whatever it's worth they have all told me the CPO is fully transferable to future owners and it follows the VIN. Digging through old posts on here, it does sound like there is a lot of grey area there.

Is your info based on any specific written documentation that's available? I've never been able to find the "fine print" of the CPO anywhere, but would love to read through it if it exists.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:33 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by John Clabby
I passed on the Miami Blue manual .2 that I had linked above - something seemed odd so I went with my gut and walked. Not to mention at 6'5" my knee would hit the steering wheel when I clutched out. I drove a friend's PDK .1 GT3 and it was lacking so much of the magic of the manual car, so now I'm thinking a 3RS may be the way I go. I found this one below at my local dealer that I've always been impressed with during service on my Cayenne, and the spec actually lines up pretty perfectly with what I want.

$203k MSRP car with 16k miles, priced at $192k + CPO. It does seem like an odd spec being an RS yet having the sofas in it, but they're so much more comfortable for someone my size so I'm all for it. Only thing I'd prefer is PCCB but that's not a deal breaker for me either way. Absolute love the stitching and painted console. No rear PPF unfortunately, but the front end is all done.

Am I correct to assume that I'll have a real tough time come resale time on an RS without buckets/ceramics? I'm trying to not get too wrapped up in worrying about resale, but I'm unfortunately not rich enough to not think about that haircut at all. The price seems a little high all things considered, but I'm okay with a bit of a premium to shop with a local dealer that has taken care of me before. I'm in a bit of a time pinch prior to a business trip and may end up pulling the trigger by the end of the week, but trying to get an idea before I start talking numbers. Any opinions/comments are very much appreciated.
Confused re your comment that the PDK car was lacking so much of the magic of a manual car and you are looking at another PDK car.

Yes, an RS without buckets and PCCB will always be less desirable. Actual market value - who knows…
The following users liked this post:
GT4Kevin (04-28-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 02:53 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

I've called quite a few dealerships about details on the CPO warranties, specifically whether I can just buy a CPO warranty from them on a car I purchase elsewhere. I've received unclear and contradictory info on that, but for whatever it's worth they have all told me the CPO is fully transferable to future owners and it follows the VIN. Digging through old posts on here, it does sound like there is a lot of grey area there.

Is your info based on any specific written documentation that's available? I've never been able to find the "fine print" of the CPO anywhere, but would love to read through it if it exists.
The CPO will transfer from a private party seller to another private party buyer (non-dealer). This is one of the benefits of purchasing privately when a car has an existing CPO. The CPO does follow the car: however, in most instances the CPO is void when sold to a non-Porsche dealer. That said, I have read of instances where this fell through the cracks so to speak and the CPO remained with the car. It isn't suppose to, but as I've read has happened. When it does, best to keep quiet, not post about it and let the Porsche dealer treat you as a CPO customer. If it turns out the CPO is void when buying from a non-Porsche dealer one should know that's actually how the program works and not argue. Likewise, the non-Porsche dealer shouldn't advertise they are selling an active CPO car since it's likely not to transfer. This is where marketing and careful reading of the advertisement comes into play. They can claim they are selling you a car that came to them as CPO, which may be true. But they shouldn't claim you are in turn also going to receive that benefit.

Can you buy CPO after the fact? Meaning you buy from an independent dealer and drive to Porsche and ask for CPO. No, I have never seen this happen. This is their unique hook and value add to get you to purchase from a Porsche dealer. You can purchase an aftermarket warranty from Porsche, or another warranty provider, that will give you some coverage. Read the fine print, these are all over the place. You can ask to have a car be part of CPO when buying from a Porsche dealer. This will come with a cost. And, you can also add an extra year of CPO coverage, at your cost, when buying a CPO vehicle at the same Porsche dealer.

Hope this help answer some of your questions.

The following 2 users liked this post by CubsFan1:
Limey Hooligan (04-06-2023), slimmn (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 02:58 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by marcus1982
Of course, there are many of them that are desirable and nice paintworks but I wouldn't be caught dead in some.
That being said I searched some while 'till one day I found the yellow one and knew immediately that that is my future classic. I fell in love with the speed yellow since the 996.2 GT3 official photos. It is true that mine has GT2-like wrap in carbon fiber look on the hood, top and mirrors and also rear fenders like on the 80's cars which also adds to the character.
Sure, it is a matter of taste in the end and no one can blame others for this, depending on region and lifestyle in some areas people tend to avoid flashy colors so you mainly see dark, white or the other 50 shades of grey. For me these are simply boring and would have a major impact on the driving experience. I even got for free a set of yellow belts from the seller which I replaced that week.
There are some recent time millionaires like Doug, who preferred the dream car in yellow, but hey, you cannot be that picky when searching for a limited edition Carrera GT . He also mentiones that yellow is a price premium, but mainly for low production numbers in that color for NA.
So overall the premium comes from the fact that there are not many to pick from when you search for this particular one.
I do not like yellow cars for the most part.

But a 996 gen carrera 4s and gt3 I think look great in yellow, one of my favorites.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:01 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

As mentioned above, this will have an impact on price and resell. IMHO, this car is overpriced even in this market. CPO is a nice hook, as well as great dealership experience, but that doesn't negate how much they are charging. Nothing wrong with steels and sofas...nothing at all for that particular buyer. But this is an RS - many want the buckets and non-track focused want the PCCB. The mileage at 16k isn't that big of a deal from a quality standpoint but is in their ask (again my opinion). These are amazing cars - good luck!
Old 04-04-2023, 03:42 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Confused re your comment that the PDK car was lacking so much of the magic of a manual car and you are looking at another PDK car.

Yes, an RS without buckets and PCCB will always be less desirable. Actual market value - who knows…
The PDK .1 GT3 didn't feel as special as the .2 manual car, but I'm hoping the added rawness of the RS makes up for what the PDK takes away. I was able to schedule a drive tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
As mentioned above, this will have an impact on price and resell. IMHO, this car is overpriced even in this market. CPO is a nice hook, as well as great dealership experience, but that doesn't negate how much they are charging. Nothing wrong with steels and sofas...nothing at all for that particular buyer. But this is an RS - many want the buckets and non-track focused want the PCCB. The mileage at 16k isn't that big of a deal from a quality standpoint but is in their ask (again my opinion). These are amazing cars - good luck!
Thanks for the opinion on the price, as well as all of your CPO insight. I'm not so worried about them bringing down the value, I figure I'll save some now and lose the same later. I just don't want to buy a black sheep spec that will be instantly written off by the majority of RS buyer market in the future.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:59 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

The PDK .1 GT3 didn't feel as special as the .2 manual car, but I'm hoping the added rawness of the RS makes up for what the PDK takes away. I was able to schedule a drive tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the opinion on the price, as well as all of your CPO insight. I'm not so worried about them bringing down the value, I figure I'll save some now and lose the same later. I just don't want to buy a black sheep spec that will be instantly written off by the majority of RS buyer market in the future.
“Added rawness”. Not if you really enjoy a manual.

In a strong market, you’ll generally pay more and loose less (depending if you are buying or selling) for a less desirable spec. So hard to know what the value will be when you eventually sell. But I would not assume it’s the same delta as to the current market. Which is why it’s generally preferable to buy a desirable spec.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:18 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

@ John Clabby - before buying the blue Targa you see in my profile; I had a 991.1RS. It was the best car I've owned and experienced, etc. This is compared to 911 turbos, Lambos, etc. It was Lava like the one you're looking at. Main difference it had PCCB and the carbon buckets seats. For me, this was part of the RS experience - it was all or no buy for me. Don't want to oversell you on this car or features, it's obviously all subjective. But the seats and for me the PCCB were part of what I wanted out of the experience. And the seats make a difference. They are comfortable, I'm 6'1" and 190, and they fit like a glove. Plenty of leg room, didn't even have the seat all the way back, and not too tight on the sides. But definitely provide the right amount feel for a car than handles the road like these cars do.

I sold the car privately last year on RL to a fellow member. Two main reasons - we moved from WA back to TX and I wanted a 911 we could enjoy as a family, especially with two young kids that fit nicely in the back. The sound, feel, road presence, etc. is amazing. Spend too much time on here and you'll read these are well outdated and don't compare to the 991.2RS or the recently released 992RS. Track time, this or that. None of that ever crossed my mind and still doesn't. These are all great cars in their own right.

Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
FL4T-SIX (04-05-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 07:00 PM
JGlover
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Noted and fixed 😆
Old 04-05-2023, 10:08 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Additional data. Sold my '18 GT3 for $225K. I may have missed the peak a bit, but still quite pleased given my new 992 GT3 is on the boat as I post this. Timing is impeccable actually as Porsche raised 992 GT3 prices by 9.52%.

Many of the resentful budget driven haters poo poo'd my car on this thread. PTS color wasn't special enough, and some other negative comments emanating from their self loathing dreadful state of emotional being. Just wanted to post that, you were wrong, very wrong, and will continue to be wrong given the price increase on the 992's and the trickle down effect that will have. The market may have softened a bit, but it is still very strong if you have a good one. Those of you who do and are looking to sell, stick to your guns. That buyer will contact you. For the rest, either step up, or enjoy the sidelines...
Old 04-05-2023, 10:17 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
Additional data. Sold my '18 GT3 for $225K. I may have missed the peak a bit, but still quite pleased given my new 992 GT3 is on the boat as I post this. Timing is impeccable actually as Porsche raised 992 GT3 prices by 9.52%.

Many of the resentful budget driven haters poo poo'd my car on this thread. PTS color wasn't special enough, and some other negative comments emanating from their self loathing dreadful state of emotional being. Just wanted to post that, you were wrong, very wrong, and will continue to be wrong given the price increase on the 992's and the trickle down effect that will have. The market may have softened a bit, but it is still very strong if you have a good one. Those of you who do and are looking to sell, stick to your guns. That buyer will contact you. For the rest, either step up, or enjoy the sidelines...
what was the msrp? Miles?
Old 04-05-2023, 10:19 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
what was the msrp? Miles?
$204K , 3,300 miles
Old 04-05-2023, 10:21 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 912 Posts

$204K , 3,300 miles
I think you did very well. Sometimes you get lucky, enjoy the 992 but I have a feeling you will miss your PTS GT3.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:21 AM
CSLSuperfan
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I was NOT one of those haters...................... And i could not have put it better myself. Recently sold a 991.1 RS PTS Viper Green for $218,498. Admittedly it did take 10 weeks to sell.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...