Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 07:03 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Haha, Jack Daniels... had my very first negative experience with a Porsche salesperson there just last week, while there doing my homework and obsessing over stupid little details like headlights and deviated stitching.

This particular salesperson, whom shall remain anonymous, rather snidely remarked that they are easily selling GT2RSs a 2x MSRP. While looking down his nose at me... said he could get me anything I want... GT3RS, GT2RS, GT3 configurable builds, no problem. But he spoke as though money was of no consequence.

Sharp contrast because, in general, I've found Porsche reps to be highly professional and courteous. And many even highly knowledgeable.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Haha, Jack Daniels... had my very first negative experience with a Porsche salesperson there just last week, while there doing my homework and obsessing over stupid little details like headlights and deviated stitching.

This particular salesperson, whom shall remain anonymous, rather snidely remarked that they are easily selling GT2RSs a 2x MSRP. While looking down his nose at me... said he could get me anything I want... GT3RS, GT2RS, GT3 configurable builds, no problem. But he spoke as though money were of no consequence.

Sharp contrast because, in general, I've found Porsche reps to be highly professional and courteous. And many even highly knowledgeable.
Luckily there are many P-car dealers with a far better reputation within 30-50 mile radius (e.g. Ray Catena). Surprised with mostly negative feedback they're still in business in what is a very competitive marketplace for them in the tri-state area.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:10 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Why??? I want every one to make lots of money and be happy; if that is what brings them happiness. Most who want market to drop, either missed the timing or do not have money to play. When there is fear in the market is when the most opportunities present themselves. Half of this crap is computer generated. Crazy stuff. But I am still a Bull.
People love saying stuff like this for no reason. Until these companies stop beating earnings and the Fed wants to stop the party, you can't help but think we go up. Of course, a 5-10% pull is health in a bull market, so these are to be expected
Old 02-05-2018, 07:46 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I dealt with Gursharan Singh at Jack Daniel's, he's as dishonest as they come.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:48 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
I dealt with Gursharan Singh at Jack Daniel's, he's as dishonest as they come.
funny.
he was trying to sell me a .2RS a while back. "clean DME, no track time."
Car had hits in rev 5 a ton
roll cage, harness, the works

Old 02-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

1. Dealers are greedy, they don't want to split the profit with the VIP, especially when the dealer cannot gouge the VIP on pricing already.

2. Most VIP have moral standards and doesn't need the extra profit anyway.

3. Dealers are greedy and would prefer to keep all the profit.

4. It's all fine and dandy if everything works out, but if word got out about what they did, they will be kicked out and loses access to future cars.

5. Greedy dealers. They would prefer immediate profits, instead of waiting out the hold period which is most definitely longer than 6 months.

Originally Posted by evilfij
If a VIP does not want a high demand car, why doesn’t the dealer just cut a deal with the VIP? Order the car, dealer stores it until the hold period is over and then sells it?
Old 02-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Why??? I want every one to make lots of money and be happy; if that is what brings them happiness. Most who want market to drop, either missed the timing or do not have money to play. When there is fear in the market is when the most opportunities present themselves. Half of this crap is computer generated. Crazy stuff. But I am still a Bull.
Because bubbles with no fundamentals, like Ponzi schemes, are bad for investors in the long run. This entire phony bull run has been fueled by the Fed screwing Joe Taxpayer buy handing out free money and driving bond yields down. Greedy investors chased return, without concern for risk, and drove equity prices to levels that make no sense whatsoever. Paper wealth then fuels other asset bubbles and the whole market gets wildly out of whack. Bubble, crash, bubble, crash, is not a healthy long-term market cycle in my opinion. I'm all for a bull market. I'm not for a bubble market, and we're way into bubble territory. A major correction would be a good thing for many reasons. But what we've seen the last few days isn't even close to what the market really needs. Valuations are still nuts.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Jack Daniels?
Princeton
Old 02-05-2018, 08:36 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

We share many of the same views Archimedes. But this isn't a forum about markets (thank goodness), so I'll leave it there.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:11 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
We share many of the same views Archimedes. But this isn't a forum about markets (thank goodness), so I'll leave it there.
Agree, but the thread is about ADM's or not........his point is to the effect of lotso bucks, crazy market w/o decent alternative opportunities, chasing the candy.......and w/o that nonsense and dealer, or other ADM's and the flipper chasers more folks would be in position to deal for a GT3.....just my nickle.....cheers.......anxiously awaiting my 2nd GT3....this time the Touring.....good luck to everybody in the hunt!
Old 02-06-2018, 12:38 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
The car was a PTS RS ordered by a Bay Area Dealer. The VIP is CEO of a huge tech company. They race big boats. Dealer ordered a green car. It ended up at CNC. VIP did not know about the order and it was a big issue. Pcna issued a "you're kicked out" letter. VIP was flabbergasted.

VIP emails are sent to the VIP from David Donohue and to the Dealer GM. If the VIP does not respond, the dealer can try and work slimy ways to get it anyway. It's hard but dealers have done weirder stuff.

I could not get our VIP to accept the turbo S exclusive. He is getting a GT2RS however.
ah, larry got pissed off
Old 02-06-2018, 03:14 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry for the delay. it’s raining pianos on Wall Street and everyone’s got a case of vaginitis.
-----
My dearest CJ,

Thank you for joining the conversation. I only have three problems with your post: the beginning, the middle and the end.

The story you regaled us with makes absolutely no sense. It’s another story with more omissions than facts, and plenty of juicy fiction to fill the holes.

Dealers do not initiate the 918 VIP order. Period.

The allocation is dropped into the dealer's EHB only after the 918 VIP client has directly confirmed with PCNA that he wants the allocation. Period.

PCNA (Donahue) then puts the car in KF status with the 918 VIP clients name. PCNA inputs this into PVMS, not the dealer. Period.

The RDR must match the KF. Period.

There is no way around this. Period.

There have been a few circumstances where a dealer has requested the 918 VIP to take an allocation and sell it back to the dealer for easy profits at some point in the future. In this circumstance, it is plausible that a 918 VIP got a letter from PCNA if their GT car went up for sale too soon. In this case, if the client told PCNA the dealer requested them to buy the car and sell it back to them, the 918 VIP client would never, ever be kicked out of the program.

However, this is a FAR CRY from your erroneous claim that “slimy” GM’s order GT cars under the 918 VIP client name unbeknownst to the client and then sell the car to CNC. That’s pure HORSE-APPLES.

The email that is sent to the GM (as you stated) does NOT enable the GM to do anything unbeknownst to the client. All GM’s (and sales managers on record) are cc’d anytime PCNA offers an allocation to the 919 VIP, and anytime PCNA invites the client to Porsche hospitality events like Rennsport or Le Mans. PCNA does this so the dealership is aware of their client’s interaction with PCNA and can help facilitate their orders, opportunities, etc.

That’s all the time I have this morning, but this conversation is far from over.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:26 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I'm privy to a situation involving a local dealership, a VIP and PCNA that I'm sure CW would say could neeever happen, but absolutely happened. But I agreed to keep it confidential, as one of the parties is a friend. What I can say is this is business, and where there's money, shady **** goes on. Such is life. Making believe it doesn't is naive.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:40 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

Fact- the situation happened.

Fact- i was there on speakerphone when the dealer offered the car to Not The VIP for 75,000 over.

Fact- dealer suggested I take it to help cover up their tracks as I was "not a 918 guy but clearly in the spotlight"

Fact- i was also there as Not The Vip called and texted buildsheet to various parties.

I was only a lowly mazda dealer at the time so I had zero involvement. But realized right then that could be an issue nationwide. This was the first VIP car that really started to shake dollars from the trees and guys were coming with wacky LLC deals to land cars etc. wild west.

I'm sure the loopholes have closed up a lot tighter than they were in 2015 but I also know other 918 guys that got booted and due to them lawyering up they got back in- sometimes by buying a 918 back in. I know of at least two guys in that regard- one dealer ordered him the wrong color on his 918 so he sold it and eventually bought another one in his desired color.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:11 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Sorry for the delay. it’s raining pianos on Wall Street and everyone’s got a case of vaginitis.
-----
My dearest CJ,

Thank you for joining the conversation. I only have three problems with your post: the beginning, the middle and the end.

The story you regaled us with makes absolutely no sense. It’s another story with more omissions than facts, and plenty of juicy fiction to fill the holes.

Dealers do not initiate the 918 VIP order. Period.

The allocation is dropped into the dealer's EHB only after the 918 VIP client has directly confirmed with PCNA that he wants the allocation. Period.

PCNA (Donahue) then puts the car in KF status with the 918 VIP clients name. PCNA inputs this into PVMS, not the dealer. Period.

The RDR must match the KF. Period.

There is no way around this. Period.

There have been a few circumstances where a dealer has requested the 918 VIP to take an allocation and sell it back to the dealer for easy profits at some point in the future. In this circumstance, it is plausible that a 918 VIP got a letter from PCNA if their GT car went up for sale too soon. In this case, if the client told PCNA the dealer requested them to buy the car and sell it back to them, the 918 VIP client would never, ever be kicked out of the program.

However, this is a FAR CRY from your erroneous claim that “slimy” GM’s order GT cars under the 918 VIP client name unbeknownst to the client and then sell the car to CNC. That’s pure HORSE-APPLES.

The email that is sent to the GM (as you stated) does NOT enable the GM to do anything unbeknownst to the client. All GM’s (and sales managers on record) are cc’d anytime PCNA offers an allocation to the 919 VIP, and anytime PCNA invites the client to Porsche hospitality events like Rennsport or Le Mans. PCNA does this so the dealership is aware of their client’s interaction with PCNA and can help facilitate their orders, opportunities, etc.

That’s all the time I have this morning, but this conversation is far from over.
It's ok to be wrong on the internet. You may think you got all the procedures down but that's only in theory. In practice in the real world it doesn't quite work out that way. Especially on cars for the VIP. PCNA basically assume every VIP will take a car, unless the VIP specifically said they don't want a car, which is very rare. This is to lessen David's work load.

David is on my speed dial, he and I actually had been back and forth lately planning Pikes Peak Hill Climb in June. You will be surprised how over worked he is from the 918 VIPs, on top of from PCNA. A missing email here and there? Happens all the time. Sometimes he can catch up but other times it just slips his mind cause he was caught up with something else. Perhaps a phone call from a VIP that last 90 mins, or a conference call from PCNA and everything got put to the back burner.

Don't forget, dealers have direct access to the ordering system, so whenever a new car is released, PCNA would assume the VIPs already knew and when they see a configuration being entered into the system under the VIP's name, the assumption is that the VIP had accepted the allocation offer. Unless they hear back from the VIP refusing the allocation. On their end, nothing is wrong, it's business as usual.

This PTS car we are talking about is not the only 911R being 'stolen' by a dealer. In fact there are actually 2 more confirmed cases. One is a internet personality, another a 'anonymous' billionaire.

Oh, the bold out part in your post? It's also wrong. David kicked out 5 guys because they were doing just that. Why do I know that? Cause I run the 918 Owners Group and I need to know the status of each member. I liaison with David on behalf of the group routinely and also PAG.

Sorry buddy, it is also raining pianos here for you too.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM