Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 05:22 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Anybody have experience with Porsche of South Shore, on Long Island? How's the reputation?
Old 02-06-2018, 08:20 AM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 126 Posts

http://www.thedrive.com/flat-six-soc...nd-have-550-hp

"Currently a holdout for naturally-aspirated, three-pedaled motoring, the Porsche 911 GT3 will sadly cross over to the dark side on both counts when its next generation drops, if a new report is to be believed.
According to Australia's Motor, the next generation of 911 GT3 will be powered by a turbocharged flat-six, joining most of its peers in the industry-wide exodus to forced induction. Predicted to produce around 550 horsepower, it'll signify an appropriate increase over the 500 ponies on tap in today's GT3. What's more, the Aussie publication says that power will spin the wheels via an eight-speed PDK transmission, with no word of an available manual 'box as found in the current 991.2 iteration.
The report goes on to claim that in addition to a boosted GT3, the next wave of Porsche's rear-engined icon will also include a hybrid 911. Considering some recent comments made by the company's CEO, this is a claim we're hesitant to challenge.

Apparently (and intuitively) dubbed as the "992," the next-generation of Porsche 911 will reportedly debut near the end of this year. In an email to The Drive, a Porsche spokesperson declined to "comment or participate in speculation about potential future product."
The 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 starts at $143,600. Given that this may be the last one to feature a stick and no turbos, get 'em while you still can. "

And therein lies the (dealers) trap.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:48 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

CJ and Whoopsy,

Yesterday and today is probably the worst time possible for me to reply to your nonsense. But, in an effort to purge this forum of BAD INFORMATION — fake news, in today’s vernacular — I will respond later tonight or first thing in the morning (ZCH time) when I have 30 minutes to burn.

In the meantime….

The Cleveland Clinic has a world famous Head and Neck Institute.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/departments/head-neck

I would suggest the both of you familiarize yourselves with their contact information forthwith, as the both of you FALL ON YOUR FACES.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:55 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Old 02-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
+1
Old 02-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I wonder if they give massages at that clinic. I may check Myself in
Old 02-06-2018, 02:09 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

Whenever anyone on Rennlist uses words like truth, fact, accurate, reality, veracity, honesty, and all other synonyms of these words, you can be assured (another synonym) that these certitudes (another synonym) are just as precise (another synonym) as Republicans saying Trump is the best President and Democrats saying Obama is the best President.

Has anyone, over the course of 2348098230948234 posts, ever said anything that is so objectively clear that I don't have to read all 2348098230948234 posts in an effort to put together, while being blindfolded and in an anti gravity chamber, a 10,000 piece puzzle of a blue sky?

Was Rennlist always like this?

How can a thread solely on new GT3 ADM foster 54 pages?
Old 02-06-2018, 02:11 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Well this thread took an interesting turn. Given that Whoopsy is a 918 owner and CJ is a well respected and connected car guy, I think I know who'll I'll believe.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:13 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Well this thread took an interesting turn. Given that Whoopsy is a 918 owner and CJ is a well respected and connected car guy, I think I know who'll I'll believe.
Thanks for proving my point.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:19 PM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

As entertaining as this is for all of us, to get back on track for a moment...

I got a call from my SA, Philadelphia area dealer, has a 991.2 GT3 ready to go, on the lot. Rhodium, pdk, lightly optioned, "asking" ADM of $20k. PM me if you want his number, I'd prefer not to post it on the thread. For this lightly optioned car, even with $20k ADM, price would only be $180k (or less if you can negotiate the ADM). I'm going to take my chances and wait for my own msrp build later in the year, which has it's own risks. Anyway, if i can figure out how PM works, I'll get right back to you with a name and number. Good luck.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
CJ and Whoopsy,

Yesterday and today is probably the worst time possible for me to reply to your nonsense. But, in an effort to purge this forum of BAD INFORMATION — fake news, in today’s vernacular — I will respond later tonight or first thing in the morning (ZCH time) when I have 30 minutes to burn.

In the meantime….

The Cleveland Clinic has a world famous Head and Neck Institute.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/departments/head-neck

I would suggest the both of you familiarize yourselves with their contact information forthwith, as the both of you FALL ON YOUR FACES.
Never needed or even heard of a a head and neck clinic. Wonder why you are so familiar with it? Perhaps because you keep tripping over yourself? In real life AND on the internet? You probably tripped again Friday and Monday in the stock market too. That's too bad.

It's quite alright, internet is a new thing to you, after may trips you will get the hang of it.

Using 'adult' words typing on a keyboard doesn't make you an 'adult' on the internet, information like that are easily Google-ed. You might think it is impressive to everyone that you can quote V numbers and system initials, but it's the reputation that makes or breaks someone, and you can't decide your own fate either, that's the crowd's job and you have to earn them.

CJ, well he is a very well known entity, in real life AND on forums, he has been a straight shooter, no one's gonna doubt him.

Me, I am just a nobody, just with some decent connections here and there. I have no problem getting access to GT cars, so I don't have an obligation to 'protect' dealers, if they are bad I called them out. Heck I even wrote a gigantic thread in the 918 forum documenting everything mis-steps Porsche made and not quite want to get out. I believe I have earned my stripes over the years. Don't think anyone is gonna dispute that. I will called a cat a cat still even if someone painted stripes on a cat and called it a tiger.

Now onto you. Your posting history speak for itself. Where do you think you stand among the crowd here? Are they behind you?

Hiding behind the keyboard the internet gives people courage to pretend to be something that they are not. But these pretenders can't keep up their facade for long, sooner or later it will fall. And it can get quite ugly. You may pretend to be someone important, but behind all these handles here, there are numerous more important people, perhaps a high profile CEO, a billionaire, a star athlete, a Hollywood actor, etc. They just chose to be someone unimportant or anonymous that's all. But who knows what they are doing reading your posts. Falling off the chair laughing perhaps? Eating popcorn watching the tragedy unfold?

Not directly quoting names between CJ and I doesn't mean something didn't happened. There are promises to keep, NDAs to respect and privacy concerns also.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Whenever anyone on Rennlist uses words like truth, fact, accurate, reality, veracity, honesty, and all other synonyms of these words, you can be assured (another synonym) that these certitudes (another synonym) are just as precise (another synonym) as Republicans saying Trump is the best President and Democrats saying Obama is the best President.

Has anyone, over the course of 2348098230948234 posts, ever said anything that is so objectively clear that I don't have to read all 2348098230948234 posts in an effort to put together, while being blindfolded and in an anti gravity chamber, a 10,000 piece puzzle of a blue sky?

Was Rennlist always like this?

How can a thread solely on new GT3 ADM foster 54 pages?
IF everything is clear, where is the fun?
Old 02-06-2018, 02:52 PM
WHC9
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-06-2018, 02:55 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Never needed or even heard of a a head and neck clinic. Wonder why you are so familiar with it? Perhaps because you keep tripping over yourself? In real life AND on the internet? You probably tripped again Friday and Monday in the stock market too. That's too bad.

It's quite alright, internet is a new thing to you, after may trips you will get the hang of it.

Using 'adult' words typing on a keyboard doesn't make you an 'adult' on the internet, information like that are easily Google-ed. You might think it is impressive to everyone that you can quote V numbers and system initials, but it's the reputation that makes or breaks someone, and you can't decide your own fate either, that's the crowd's job and you have to earn them.

CJ, well he is a very well known entity, in real life AND on forums, he has been a straight shooter, no one's gonna doubt him.

Me, I am just a nobody, just with some decent connections here and there. I have no problem getting access to GT cars, so I don't have an obligation to 'protect' dealers, if they are bad I called them out. Heck I even wrote a gigantic thread in the 918 forum documenting everything mis-steps Porsche made and not quite want to get out. I believe I have earned my stripes over the years. Don't think anyone is gonna dispute that. I will called a cat a cat still even if someone painted stripes on a cat and called it a tiger.

Now onto you. Your posting history speak for itself. Where do you think you stand among the crowd here? Are they behind you?

Hiding behind the keyboard the internet gives people courage to pretend to be something that they are not. But these pretenders can't keep up their facade for long, sooner or later it will fall. And it can get quite ugly. You may pretend to be someone important, but behind all these handles here, there are numerous more important people, perhaps a high profile CEO, a billionaire, a star athlete, a Hollywood actor, etc. They just chose to be someone unimportant or anonymous that's all. But who knows what they are doing reading your posts. Falling off the chair laughing perhaps? Eating popcorn watching the tragedy unfold?

Not directly quoting names between CJ and I doesn't mean something didn't happened. There are promises to keep, NDAs to respect and privacy concerns also.
I'll raise my hand and say I'm behind ChicagoWhale. Most of his posts are on point and state facts or try to teach others which is in contrast to most posters on here. Others may not like his "against the grain" approach to the common RL narratives but I'm here to learn and will support those who back up with facts, and that goes for him, you, CJ, or anyone else.

It's also fun to ruffles some feathers, otherwise RL can get boring.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:01 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM