Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017 | 01:43 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by mooty
i have A LOT MORE STORIES like this. but it will block the entire bandwidth of the WWW.

Old 10-10-2017 | 01:44 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
whats the solution? Listen- you put out a story and got a lot of people riled up- rightly so-

to now come and say all is hunky dory without sharing details doesn’t sit right.

you had no problem throwing them under the bus when they did the wrong thing- there should be no problem telling everyone what the agreement was.
Not to mention NOBODY would turn down a GT2RS at MSRP. NOBODY!
Old 10-10-2017 | 01:51 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by ****
*UPDATE*

After further discussion with Porsche of the Main Line's GM Paul Nogrady and much thought, I have decided to withdraw my name from the GT2 RS list. We have come to mutually beneficial agreement and I couldn't be happier about the outcome.

When it came down to it, Porsche of the Main Line was 100% willing to stand by our previous agreement and I had decided to ask for a different solution other than me getting a GT2 RS. As for the solution, you will all have to wait and see! Thank you all for the support and criticism.

Cheers,
Sean

So you just wasted everyone's time here for nothing.... after throwing this dealership under the bus?
It was just a "communication" problem? And you are now turning down a GT2-RS at MSRP?

I believe you owe everyone here an explanation.
Old 10-10-2017 | 02:02 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LastMezger
Not to mention NOBODY would turn down a GT2RS at MSRP. NOBODY!

very true.

utter bs this thread. Not cool to mislead people.

and to use your veteran status to Gain sympathy in the beginning. Not cool.

Total and utter respect for the military and I salute you fully but not cool.
Old 10-10-2017 | 02:11 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

FULL and absolute respect for all men and women in Uniform. Thank you for your service.

However shady the dealer was to the OP, and the solution being "acceptable" and, declining a GT2RS at MSRP is an episode to the former TV series "Fantasy Island."

Lessons learned here is we should NOT believe everything we read especially through the internet. Maybe it was good entertainment, depending on how you look at it.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 10-10-2017 | 02:11 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
very true.

utter bs this thread. Not cool to mislead people.

and to use your veteran status to Gain sympathy in the beginning. Not cool.

Total and utter respect for the military and I salute you fully but not cool.
Just like a young man coming in for a quickie, I feel so unsatisfied.
/Teddy KGB
Old 10-10-2017 | 03:04 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
Just like a young man coming in for a quickie, I feel so unsatisfied.
/Teddy KGB
hahaha, nobody would turn down a GT2RS at MSRP, but I am still wondering is there anyone out there who is admitting to paying ADM, a good portion ofthe people in the financial position to do this already have MSRP cars due to the 918 VIP program
Old 10-10-2017 | 03:13 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

*UPDATE*

After further discussion with Porsche of the Main Line's GM Paul Nogrady and much thought, I have decided to withdraw my name from the GT2 RS list. We have come to mutually beneficial agreement and I couldn't be happier about the outcome. It seems that most of the problem we had was based on poor communication from both parties but Paul and I have cleared everything up and come to an agreement (with the blessing of the owner Mr. Robert Distanislao). For those of you who have decided to take your business elsewhere, I ask you to reconsider. When it came down to it, Porsche of the Main Line was 100% willing to stand by our previous agreement and I had decided to ask for a different solution other than me getting a GT2 RS. As for the solution, you will all have to wait and see! Thank you all for the support and criticism.

Cheers,
Sean
Wow.

Unbelievable.
Old 10-10-2017 | 03:15 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by WernerE
I'm selling fully reconditioned Enigma machines to decipher Mooty code. No paint-to-stain available on the wood cabinet. Seriously though, how a dealership screws up a relationship with an "A" customer like Mooty is beyond me. Dealers should jump through hoops for more Mootys in their CRM.

can i buy a few of those machines you make? my wife can't understand my text....

i dont like carlsen. but i "get it"
you know you can walk from facebook HQ to carlsen in 10 minutes (WALKING).... there are a lot of sub 30 yo kids with a LOT of disposable cashflow. so there are plenty of young bucks they can fk over. when they young bucks get old and somewhat smart like old mooty, there will be more dumber and younger bucks they can fk over.... so the world keeps on turning....

and they hvae clients were the price of Gulfstreams are mere rounding errors.... so i " get it".... not happy however.
Old 10-10-2017 | 03:25 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by dark knight
I'd love to hear more!!
a very good friend of mine sold his GT3 or was it GT4 back to carlsen. the car is not tracked, no story. this friend is **** retentive and if you dont shower prior to entering his 4,0, you wont hear the end of it. and carlsen know this friend of mine and knows his cars' conditions. agreed on price on phone, car delivered to carlsen few hours later, carlsen decided the car is worth "agreed price - xxx". sure if they inspected the car and found some items needing attention, sure. but without inspection how do you have the straight face and reduce the price agreed upon just a few hours ago....

Originally Posted by RealityGT
@mooty - that is a terrible way to treat a unicorn customer (one who buys without negotiation or reason) I cannot believe a dealer principle would allow a customer like yourself, to be treated in such a manner.

While I wouldn't support or promote west coast or (some) US dealer practices regarding ADM's, I can see now why they behave in this manner.. They are enabled by their clientele.
owner charlie is getting old, he is there everyday but i dont think. he knows what is going on.

oh, the previous GM bought a silver 997.1RS for HIMSELF. we chat a lot. i did used to spend $ there. and he gave me many free little car models. (hey i give credit where due)....

i asked, "richard, what you doing with that RS. "

without hesitation, "i'll keep it in show room a bit then flip it".....

i cannot make all this sh*t up....

and do u want to hear my audi S4 avant trade in story....
bring me some root beer and i can goto town on this...

good thing i dont drink alcohol (any alcohol), else i fear what would come out of my mount on this subject.

anyway, i hand the mic back to the oP
Old 10-10-2017 | 03:29 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

well may be let me go on.

another ex manager calls me..." can you get me a paul newman daytona below mkt"

i can try but it will take time.

i then asked "can you get me the next RS at msrp"

point blank, i heard "NO"

nice,
i scratch your back, and you rub mine WITH SCOTCH PAD...
Old 10-10-2017 | 03:30 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
well may be let me go on.

another ex manager calls me..." can you get me a paul newman daytona below mkt"

i can try but it will take time.

i then asked "can you get me the next RS at msrp"

point blank, i heard "NO"

nice,
i scratch your back, and you rub mine WITH SCOTCH PAD...
Can you get me a Daytona-C, black or white dial at MSRP?

Old 10-10-2017 | 03:30 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

^^FFS, you should have asked if that answer came with a kick to the *****.. f*kn brutal man..
Old 10-10-2017 | 03:44 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by WantA997
Can you get me a Daytona-C, black or white dial at MSRP?

they are not that hard to get, but not in 2017. too new. end of 2018 if you looked hard, you can.
i sold both my SSD-ceramic one white one back msrp.
i would have posted here. but ppl ask too many question.
the two went to friends as soon as i got them. yes i have watch fetish (used to)
i dont do daytona anymore b/c i can't read it. hell i adn't even read 47mm dials.. i wear a CLOCK on my neck now.
Old 10-10-2017 | 03:53 PM
carz80am
Pro

*UPDATE*

After further discussion with Porsche of the Main Line's GM Paul Nogrady and much thought, I have decided to withdraw my name from the GT2 RS list. We have come to mutually beneficial agreement and I couldn't be happier about the outcome. It seems that most of the problem we had was based on poor communication from both parties but Paul and I have cleared everything up and come to an agreement (with the blessing of the owner Mr. Robert Distanislao). For those of you who have decided to take your business elsewhere, I ask you to reconsider. When it came down to it, Porsche of the Main Line was 100% willing to stand by our previous agreement and I had decided to ask for a different solution other than me getting a GT2 RS. As for the solution, you will all have to wait and see! Thank you all for the support and criticism.

Cheers,
Sean
Awesome, so now I can call them and get their first gt2rs allocation for only $250k plus msrp ofcourse

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line