Sponsored by:

Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 01:23 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
I don't know, GT3 and RS prices seem to continue to diverge over time...no matter the lap times.

Weird how this thread has been locked and unlocked multiple times now.
Me thinks the new forum overloads like the clicks and views. It's good for their add revenue. It didn't really get nasty or anything before it was locked the first time, so not a bad idea to let the dialogue continue.

That is unless there are more internet tough guy "fight me in real life" comments, then the ban hammer might need to come out.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a joke.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

I don't know, GT3 and RS prices seem to continue to diverge over time...no matter the lap times.

Weird how this thread has been locked and unlocked multiple times now.
The OP closed it initially...then Internet Brands staff unlocked it. I closed it again thinking it was appropriate not knowing IB had been involved. When IB saw I had closed it they again reopened to let the members continue....and so it remains as a viable thread.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:16 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by points
The OP closed it initially...then Internet Brands staff unlocked it. I closed it again thinking it was appropriate not knowing IB had been involved. When IB saw I had closed it they again reopened to let the members continue....and so it remains as a viable thread.
Makes sense. Sounds like you guys are on the ball
Old 10-12-2017, 02:19 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Hey guys I know Sean personally and think the reaction here has been unfair. First, I do not think Sean slammed the dealer. He simply provided details. In fact, he went out of his way not to throw the dealer under the bus. Second, the dealer heard his concerns and made the situation right. Both sides are now happy. Sean updated everyone to let us know what happened. He made it clear that the dealer had stepped up.

I am not sure why the lack of details angers so many people? He chose not to disclose the details of the matter, other than to say that the dealer made things right. That is enough for me. Good dealer dealt with a tough situation in a manner that made the customer feel like it was fair. I think this is exactly how things like this should be handled.

No need to slam a great guy like Sean.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:20 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

I wonder if he's getting 911r or .2 3rs guarantee
Old 10-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Come on here and throw Main Line under the bus and ask for Rennlist’s help, but throw the members here under the bus once he gets a resolution without a courtesy of any relevant update? These types of threads should be banned.

Yes, the Rennlist blitz is what got him what he wanted.

Agreed 100%
Old 10-12-2017, 04:05 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Hey guys I know Sean personally and think the reaction here has been unfair. First, I do not think Sean slammed the dealer. He simply provided details. In fact, he went out of his way not to throw the dealer under the bus. Second, the dealer heard his concerns and made the situation right. Both sides are now happy. Sean updated everyone to let us know what happened. He made it clear that the dealer had stepped up.

I am not sure why the lack of details angers so many people? He chose not to disclose the details of the matter, other than to say that the dealer made things right. That is enough for me. Good dealer dealt with a tough situation in a manner that made the customer feel like it was fair. I think this is exactly how things like this should be handled.

No, he didn't slam the dealer at all, the dealer should be happy to read this post from the OP, but the original one that was edited?? Really? Yeah,OK. Also, the post where he wanted to meet face to face with another poster at the Smokies event was uncalled for, especially from a person that mentions being in the Military numerous times and has hardcore values.
I don't expect the OP to apologize or even give us the information about what happened between him and the dealer, I just wish he would of handled/answered it a little better, after the issue was resolved, especially after everyone on RL had his back during this whole situation.
I understand people make mistakes, so I wish Sean the best to whatever happens between him and the dealer.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:09 PM
gt-2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next time he might want to take some time and allow the dealer to work things out before being quick to be a victim...... if and when they don’t resolve concern then post something on here about it but it seemed it did not flow in that order. Maybe nothing would have changed (RL comments certainly influenced Main line to resolve)? He has had many respectable members (including yourself) come on saying he is good guy and that’s good enough for me, he certainly deserves any benefit of doubt having served our country.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:17 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice pup, looks like a pal. I have a muppet aussie labradoodle I can't live w/o.
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2017, 04:18 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed Rob. If the RL crowd can’t accept that when 2 parties have a problem, and it eventually gets resolved, more often than not the details, as agreed upon as part of the deal, are kept under wraps. No one deserves to know, but the parties involved. Maybe this thread is a reflection of where society is heading.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Nice pup, looks like a pal. I have a muppet aussie labradoodle I can't live w/o.
Why thank you! Chester is a Standard Schnauzer that is the light of our lives. Ya gotta love your dogs.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:47 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Agreed Rob. If the RL crowd can’t accept that when 2 parties have a problem, and it eventually gets resolved, more often than not the details, as agreed upon as part of the deal, are kept under wraps. No one deserves to know, but the parties involved. Maybe this thread is a reflection of where society is heading.
It would be fine, at least to me, if he made that clear. Instead he braggadociously said that he was getting something that he wanted more, then threatened to fight someone while hiding behind both a keyboard and some facade of core values do to his air force service.

Like a dealer say pulling a bait and switch on an allocation that you thought was going to be MSRP and actually ended up having a $$$ ADM attached. That bait and switch leaves a distaste in ones mouth.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:56 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
one thing in this thread makes me happy.. and that is that someone outside of me is having the same issue of ’t when they try to use an apostrophe.. is it like a branding some of us have?.. like a "first strike" identification? i must have earned mine with the bobblehead.. what did you do MileHigh911?

Why thank you! Chester is a Standard Schnauzer that is the light of our lives. Ya gotta love your dogs.
i see what you're doing there, it's a valiant effort.. but we must resist.. we must stay focused.

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
It would be fine, at least to me, if he made that clear. Instead he braggadociously said that he was getting something that he wanted more, then threatened to fight someone while hiding behind both a keyboard and some facade of core values do to his air force service.

Like a dealer say pulling a bait and switch on an allocation that you thought was going to be MSRP and actually ended up having a $$$ ADM attached. That bait and switch leaves a distaste in ones mouth.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
in all seriousnesss... exactly this
Old 10-12-2017, 05:01 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,519 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall

Good post.

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line