Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 03:59 PM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be interesting to see what Main Line Porsche offered OP to 'solve' this.

The original story is deleted and all that left is suggesting people to bring their business to the dealership that screwed him weeks ago.

Must be an incredible solution to alter your opinion completely.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:35 PM
SHAG
Racer

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
whats the solution? Listen- you put out a story and got a lot of people riled up- rightly so-

to now come and say all is hunky dory without sharing details doesnÂ’t sit right.

you had no problem throwing them under the bus when they did the wrong thing- there should be no problem telling everyone what the agreement was.
Who are you?
Old 10-10-2017, 04:44 PM
SHAG
Racer

solved

Last edited by SHAG; 10-17-2017 at 10:56 AM. Reason: solved
Old 10-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by ****
Who are you?
I’m me- who are you?
Old 10-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

For those wanting more, you will have to wait. I thank for who have stood up for me but I don €™t owe any of you a think. As far as my €œsympathetic veteran card € I was stating my veteran status as I still live by my Air Force core values stating with Integrity First. If you have a problem with that, come to the next spring smokies event and tell me about it face to face like a man.
You guys can call bs on not wanting the 2RS for msrp but I €™m getting something I want even more.

ok BS.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:51 PM
SHAG
Racer

solved

Last edited by SHAG; 10-17-2017 at 10:56 AM. Reason: sooved
Old 10-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

You sound like one of those entitled teens everyone keeps bitching about. Please go back to wherever you came from. I €™m not into the whole internet tough guy thing.

huh??? Didn’t you post to tell you to your face man to man?

and you aren’t into the internet tough guy thing?

ill say it again- I salute you for your service but to act as if this whole thing is a big nothing burger after YOU threw an entire dealership under the bus and then said it was miscommunication....come on man. That ain’t right.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:55 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

For those wanting more, you will have to wait. I thank for who have stood up for me but I don €™t owe any of you a think. As far as my €œsympathetic veteran card € I was stating my veteran status as I still live by my Air Force core values stating with Integrity First. If you have a problem with that, come to the next spring smokies event and tell me about it face to face like a man.
You guys can call bs on not wanting the 2RS for msrp but Im getting something I want even more.
Not sure we want this kind of attitude or veiled threat at Smokies, we need to make sure Sean and Mayur see this post. Youre going so far down the wrong path, maybe you dont even realize it. It starts with you taking down your post when its been replicated many times, which is a disingenuous and desperate act at best, and definitely a poor attempt at manipulation. You owe everyone who backed you under the assumption of truth, an explanation and most likely a sincere apology. Hiding behind the internet is never a good idea.. so put those "core values starting with integrity" which you proudly proclaim were instilled in you by the military to work, and do the right thing, here and now. Please.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,259 Posts

For those wanting more, you will have to wait.
I thank for who have stood up for me but I dont owe any of you a thing.

Wow.
Your original post has been deleted, you manipulated RL, and don't "owe any of (us) a thing".
So much for those Air Force core values and integrity first.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:20 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Not sure we want this kind of attitude or veiled threat at Smokies, we need to make sure Sean and Mayur see this post. Youre going so far down the wrong path, maybe you dont even realize it. It starts with you taking down your post when its been replicated many times, which is a disingenuous and desperate act at best, and definitely a poor attempt at manipulation. You owe everyone who backed you under the assumption of truth, an explanation and most likely a sincere apology. Hiding behind the internet is never a good idea.. so put those "core values starting with integrity" which you proudly proclaim were instilled in you by the military to work, and do the right thing, here and now. Please.
Well said. No need for threats/intimidation on RL or at a wonderful fundraising event like the Smokies.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I know Sean personally and he's a great guy. If you can't wait for him to post a resolution to his issue with the dealership then unfollow the thread.

He doesn't owe anyone here anything.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:22 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Would be interested in hearing the solution that solved this issue
Old 10-10-2017, 05:24 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Furthermore, using threats and hiding behind the military vet status just discredits the "core value" vet play even more.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 90 Posts

Sean is a great guy. I think things in here are just spiraling out of control at this point. Sean’s character shouldn’t be judged by the most recent posts. I’m sure this has been a stressful few days managing this thread and the dealership. Just brainstorming here but perhaps part of Sean’s deal with Mainline is to keep his mouth shut about the resolution. And there could be a few reasons they asked that of him. I don’t know.

I can say two positive things here since I have relationships and experience worth both.

Sean is as loyal and as stand up as they get. We all act on emotions sometimes and not everything plays out the way we plan. Whether a deal with a dealership or a tiff with someone on the forums. Unfortunately here online you can never erase it. But Cut the guy slack. We all make mistakes. **** I pray I’m forgiven for some of the mistakes I’ve made in life

Porshe of the Mainline I also have a relationship with. I have bought countless cars from them over the years and they have done nothing but live up to all their promises with me and always delivered. I love my salesman and the operation as a whole. I live in manhattan and they pick up and drop off my Porsche’s for service all the way from Phlly no charge! Sometimes even from my office out on Long Island.

So, given human nature and knowing all my own ****ups I suggest everyone cuts sean AND Mainline a little slack. Crap happens all the time and a we’re defined by how we handle the adversity.

Water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Don't think anything has changed has it ? Dealer and OP had some sort of deal regarding a GT2RS of which the fact (that OP hasn't denied) is, dealer now wants $250K over. OP wasn't happy (as 90% of us on here wouldn't be) and shared.
Sometime since, dealer has come to realise a "oh crap" moment with it blowing up on him, so cuts a deal with a gag order. Motivated either via the negative publicity on here etc or by a very helpful lawyer pointing it out to them...

Fairly standard settlement when one party knows he is in the wrong and has to cough up a bit to settle it.

OP does his part of the deal and removes said internet posts and makes positive sentiment that its all good. Receives what ever he has now been promised...

More to point when the OP can talk it might be insightful as to know if a lawyer friend that got him back at the table, his own negotiation skills or the power of the angry rennlist mob.

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line