Sponsored by:

Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 05:18 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Good dealer dealt with a tough situation in a manner that made the customer feel like it was fair. I think this is exactly how things like this should be handled.

No need to slam a great guy like Sean.
I think it is a misrepresentation to suggest PML dealt with a tough situation well, given they created the whole situation in the first place when they sprung a $250k ADM on the guy. They acted out of damage control due to bad PR, not concern for a dissatisfied client, and that is not how things like this should be handled. They were not behaving as a good dealer initially and an acceptable resolution does nothing to change that fact.

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
No, he didn't slam the dealer at all, the dealer should be happy to read this post from the OP, but the original one that was edited?? Really? Yeah,OK. Also, the post where he wanted to meet face to face with another poster at the Smokies event was uncalled for, especially from a person that mentions being in the Military numerous times and has hardcore values.
I don't expect the OP to apologize or even give us the information about what happened between him and the dealer, I just wish he would of handled/answered it a little better, after the issue was resolved, especially after everyone on RL had his back during this whole situation.
I understand people make mistakes, so I wish Sean the best to whatever happens between him and the dealer.
With regard to Sean, I don't know the guy but he displayed some serious immaturity on here and did not comport himself at all well. His agreement with his dealer is his business, but he came off as rather ungrateful for the support offered here and challenging someone to meet him in person is pathetic. I am pleased he got the resolution he wanted and I hope PML thinks twice before pulling this stunt next time.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:32 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

There are copies/quotes of the original OP in the first few pages.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Here is the original post:

"Originally Posted by **** View Post
I have been a loyal customer of Porsche of the Main Line for 4 years, since I purchased my 2014 Cayenne Turbo S. Before you consider doing business with this Porsche dealer, I recommend that you read my story.

I am a 33 year old USAF veteran. I have had a $1000 deposit with them for a new GT2 RS for 2.5 years. I also traded in a 458 Ferrari 13 months ago (at below market price) and left $102,000 with them to put towards my GT2 RS. Additionally, I have also spec'd and ordered a 991.2 GT3 from them.

I made it absolutely clear that I wanted the car at MSRP when I put my deposit on it over 30 months ago. They told me that Porsche of the Main Line "only sell new cars for MSRP." They also informed me that I was first on the list.

I got the call today from my salesman congratulating me on being first on the list, as long as I was willing to pay $250,000 over MSRP.

I am speechless. Why did I sell them my 458 below market and let them hold onto $102,000 of my money for over a year?

Here is a quote from Robert DiStanislao, the owner of Porsche of the Main Line:

"Having been "tempted to take the quick dime instead of the smart nickel," DiStanislao says automakers are becoming more pragmatic about catering to their best customers."

Unbelievable."

When people say that he didnt throw the dealership under the bus - Not only was it a bus that the dealership was thrown under, it was a double decker with wing and spinners.

Im very happy to see the OP got resolution for his issues but to pretend that the community here didnt help with the pressure that was put on the dealership is a bit naive. And then to act as no one here should expect an explanation....well....no cool.

JMHO.

Last edited by Yippiekiaye; 10-12-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:06 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I think it is a misrepresentation to suggest PML dealt with a tough situation well, given they created the whole situation in the first place when they sprung a $250k ADM on the guy.
They didn't spring anything on this guy, IMO. If anything, he was trying to spring something on them.

What do you think he was doing putting a down payment on a car 2 1/2 years before it was scheduled to come out? Before knowing anything about the price and less about the car.

My take: he was betting a 911R like car was in the works, saw the $$$ signs, and wanted to be first in line to get it. So, he pushes himself on the dealer early with big deposits; but, the dealer knows better than to commit to price. Smart move by the dealer. When the car comes along, sure enough, it looks very much like a 911R scenario and he lays on the 250K ADM.

For a guy waiting and dreaming for 2 1/2 years, perhaps thinking he's got the dealer by the gonads, that's got to be hard to take.

His next move - claim the world is unfair on the internet, and the dealer , too. And hope for indignant, sympathetic, outrage.
I'd say he got it.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:09 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fuddman
They didn't spring anything on this guy, IMO. If anything, he was trying to spring something on them.

What do you think he was doing putting a down payment on a car 2 1/2 years before it was scheduled to come out? Before knowing anything about the price and less about the car.

My take: he was betting a 911R like car was in the works, saw the $$$ signs, and wanted to be first in line to get it. So, he pushes himself on the dealer early with big deposits; but, the dealer knows better than to commit to price. Smart move by the dealer. When the car comes along, sure enough, it looks very much like a 911R scenario and he lays on the 250K ADM.

For a guy waiting and dreaming for 2 1/2 years, thinking he's got the dealer by the gonads, that's got to be hard to take.

His next move - claim the world is unfair on the internet, and the dealer , too. And hope for indignant, sympathetic, outrage.
I'd say he got it.
Oh I get it, you're that devil's advocate guy right? Get a real client counselor.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:12 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by points
The OP closed it initially...then Internet Brands staff unlocked it. I closed it again thinking it was appropriate not knowing IB had been involved. When IB saw I had closed it they again reopened to let the members continue....and so it remains as a viable thread.
what is internet brands?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:13 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

odds are he got a deal on something he had in stock, sometimes the bait and switch quiets people down, but if it is as he initially stated, even though he resolved the situation to his satisfaction the moral issue still exists, is it right to make commitment then go back on it
Old 10-12-2017, 08:14 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
what is internet brands?
The owners of Rennlist and many other web forums.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:23 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
The owners of Rennlist and many other web forums.
I thought one guy ran reenlist a long time ago, am I wrong or did he sell it to them
Old 10-12-2017, 08:27 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
I thought one guy ran reenlist a long time ago, am I wrong or did he sell it to them
John D. He's still an active Member.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:44 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,791 Likes on 5,148 Posts

The OP came off like a douchebag.

It is what it is. Even military vets can have a brain fart once in a while. But it still doesn't excuse the mental flatulence.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:47 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Agreed Rob. If the RL crowd can’t accept that when 2 parties have a problem, and it eventually gets resolved, more often than not the details, as agreed upon as part of the deal, are kept under wraps. No one deserves to know, but the parties involved. Maybe this thread is a reflection of where society is heading.

Maybe he shouldn’t have come on here writing about his problems in the first place and kept his personal business under wraps. What was the reason for it?? Obviously bash PML and use the Rennlist forum to put pressure on them for his benefit. Ummmm. It worked.

Not like us adults here need a public service announcement to warn us about a dealer who overall has a great reputation. We can make our own choices. Not like it’s a new exhaust company that took people’s money and skipped town.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:56 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

What next, my unfortunate dealings with Harvey?

Name:  photo408.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  495.7 KB
Old 10-13-2017, 02:20 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by ToasterThief
Yeah, I'm still unclear of whether I should go to POTML or not.
Go there, you'll be happy. The guys there are truly awesome and have taken care of everyone I've ever sent there. I'm pretty tired of this BS **** show over one car that obviously has a ton of extra demand and desire attached to it and likely a promise which wasn't able to be substantiated as it wasn't available to be promised in the first place! The fact that the internet can throw a dealer under the bus for one thing and get such a push from people who have NO experience with these guys and have them rather vehemently dislike them is incredible to me. I guess it's the normal for this yelping day and age nowadays.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:35 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Go there, you'll be happy. The guys there are truly awesome and have taken care of everyone I've ever sent there. I'm pretty tired of this BS **** show over one car that obviously has a ton of extra demand and desire attached to it and likely a promise which wasn't able to be substantiated as it wasn't available to be promised in the first place! The fact that the internet can throw a dealer under the bus for one thing and get such a push from people who have NO experience with these guys and have them rather vehemently dislike them is incredible to me. I guess it's the normal for this yelping day and age nowadays.
So you are saying the OP lied?

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line