Sponsored by:

Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:09 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by JCO
I don`t understand what is happening i US!
In Europe the we all buy the GT2 RS directly from PAG at MSRP and the dealers has a fixed cut of that from PAG.
Because many US dealers want to see how much blood...errr ADM they can extract out their victims...errr customers.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:34 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by JCO
I don`t understand what is happening i US!
In Europe the we all buy the GT2 RS directly from PAG at MSRP and the dealers has a fixed cut of that from PAG.
Who gets to buy it, is it repeat customers or just the first person who asks for their name on a list or?....
Old 10-10-2017, 03:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,708 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by ak432
To be fair.....It's hard for me to imagine many guys on this forum going to the dealership willing to pay MSRP for a car during an economic downturn. They would leverage that position as much as possible.

There's something about buying a car that makes all guys feel like it's a challenge to their manhood...they have to negotiate the best deal possible. I know guys that spend 500 dollars on a bottle of wine at dinner..no problem....but they haggle over 10 dollars a month on their lease payment!
well, i do
i used to buy exclusively from carlsen porsche. i dont shop around. i call and say i want a cayenne, (3 of them in total) , 996 c2, c4s, GT3 (too may lost count. more than 10 for sure), 997 variants. boxster, caymans. i dont jus tbuy the hot cars, i buy regular stuff too. they tell me a price, i just pay. i dont haggle either. if they want over msrp, sure.

what pissed me of was they told me i had an 997.2RS at msrp then when it arriveed per my spec, on the contract was as $50k upcharge which was never discussed.

i then approached PNCA for another RS. which eventually was granted to me. on that same day, carlsen called me that they GOT A CAR FOR ME. i called PCNA back thanking them htat i only need one car. PCNA then informed me that i only hvae one car; as carlsens car was not theirs, it was mine. if i decline, they will pull the car back.. so you see, lie after lie.. after decades and got konws how many cars i boufght, it's mor ethan my fingers and toes added togehter , throuw in your fingters and toes too. more than that as well. and if you add the referral i sent.....

sorry for the more thanusal type b/c when i think of this my blood boil and i think the santa rosa fire shouilld take out carlsen too....

i digress. charging over msrp is one thing. but LYING is smoething else. and on the internet, one can say whatever they want. but i have no agenda, i have no cars to sell, i don tneed to make another enemy making **** up about crappy dealers.

oh, and i even send money and very large five figure gifts to various "key personels" at carlsen....

but i was young and dumb... today i am a mercenary. not so gullible anymore. i will cross shop anyone. but if they plesed me, i will bring them enough business that they can sell me cars at below invoice and still make a bundle.

ok, i need to take some drug and lowe rmy blood pr4ssur enow.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,708 Likes on 2,342 Posts

To be fair.....It's hard for me to imagine many guys on this forum going to the dealership willing to pay MSRP for a car during an economic downturn. They would leverage that position as much as possible.

There's something about buying a car that makes all guys feel like it's a challenge to their manhood...they have to negotiate the best deal possible. I know guys that spend 500 dollars on a bottle of wine at dinner..no problem....but they haggle over 10 dollars a month on their lease payment!
2001 Boxsetr S bought at msrp - 1000, that's what the dealer asked me to pay
2007 997RS at msrp
2008 997c2 at msrp
2009 cayenne msrp
cant remember year but cayenne diesel msrp -700

some sort of used 996T cab, i boght it b/c gthe sales guy called me and he neewded to sell one more car to get his annual bonus and will buy the car back 2 months later at what i paid once he gets bonus.

guess what 2 months goes by , he tells me the mkt changed.....

no good deeds go unpunished....

i have A LOT MORE STORIES like this. but it will block the entire bandwidth of the WWW.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:50 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
ISV- mclaren is only building 720’s to customer demand-

I have a 20k deposit list in az 28 deep after delivering 7 cars so far. I get 2-4 cars Per month and cannot just float them for fake customers like some P car dealers.
I realise you're a dealer and have much more visibility than me as a mere end user but I find the statement that Mclaren are only building to order for the 720 very hard to believe and it doesn't correspond to what I can see myself. Perhaps it's different in the US and for your specific area I guess.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:03 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by FORENN; 10-22-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:18 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
2001 Boxsetr S bought at msrp - 1000, that's what the dealer asked me to pay
2007 997RS at msrp
2008 997c2 at msrp
2009 cayenne msrp
cant remember year but cayenne diesel msrp -700

some sort of used 996T cab, i boght it b/c gthe sales guy called me and he neewded to sell one more car to get his annual bonus and will buy the car back 2 months later at what i paid once he gets bonus.

guess what 2 months goes by , he tells me the mkt changed.....

no good deeds go unpunished....

i have A LOT MORE STORIES like this. but it will block the entire bandwidth of the WWW.
I'd love to hear more!!
Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Unconscionable
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by devenh
Gee, I was shocked when an L.A. dealer wanted $175,000 over MSRP. Guess this is a deal compared to $250,000
Lol which one? I was offered one at $300k over... I would take $175 over
Old 10-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Unconscionable
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The customers have the power. We get to decide what we are willing to pay for something. I'm sure we can both afford a $50 bottle of water too but it isn't worth it to us (I hope).

In this case, we still have the power... if we just say no to absurd markups.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:44 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 145 Posts

@mooty - that is a terrible way to treat a unicorn customer (one who buys without negotiation or reason) I cannot believe a dealer principle would allow a customer like yourself, to be treated in such a manner.

While I wouldn't support or promote west coast or (some) US dealer practices regarding ADM's, I can see now why they behave in this manner.. They are enabled by their clientele.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:24 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts

I'm selling fully reconditioned Enigma machines to decipher Mooty code. No paint-to-stain available on the wood cabinet. Seriously though, how a dealership screws up a relationship with an "A" customer like Mooty is beyond me. Dealers should jump through hoops for more Mootys in their CRM.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:24 PM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Fortunate dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

solved

Last edited by SHAG; 10-17-2017 at 10:57 AM. Reason: solved
Old 10-10-2017, 01:30 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice - glad to hear that they resolved it to your satisfaction.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by ****
*UPDATE*

After further discussion with Porsche of the Main Line's GM Paul Nogrady and much thought, I have decided to withdraw my name from the GT2 RS list. We have come to mutually beneficial agreement and I couldn't be happier about the outcome. It seems that most of the problem we had was based on poor communication from both parties but Paul and I have cleared everything up and come to an agreement (with the blessing of the owner Mr. Robert Distanislao). For those of you who have decided to take your business elsewhere, I ask you to reconsider. When it came down to it, Porsche of the Main Line was 100% willing to stand by our previous agreement and I had decided to ask for a different solution other than me getting a GT2 RS. As for the solution, you will all have to wait and see! Thank you all for the support and criticism.

Cheers,
Sean

whats the solution? Listen- you put out a story and got a lot of people riled up- rightly so-

to now come and say all is hunky dory without sharing details doesn’t sit right.

you had no problem throwing them under the bus when they did the wrong thing- there should be no problem telling everyone what the agreement was.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:43 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 145 Posts

^gotta agree.. the people who helped to champion this deserve some insight and acknowledgement.. I doubt the dealer would have reached out to you if not for the countless remarks in this thread.

While I am happy for you OP.. To suggest others now buy from this dealership is shady.. considering they did try and f*k you over.. Unless of course the fault was yours from the beginning?

Either way.. the power of the people!

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line