Sponsored by:

Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 07:49 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Once you leave Porsche you realize how much crap you have been dealing with. Irony for me is as a new potential customer to Ferrari I can get a 488 GTB in the Spring, 488 Spider in 12 months and a 812 in 24 to 30 months. No games - just need to place my deposit and wait. Going in Monday to test drive a 488, 488 Spider and F12 to decide which way to go.
I never bought Italian, their toys break, if I wasn't a loyalist I would have left, notice how if Ferrari is truly doing business with this model, it hasn't hurt brand image but actually helped it. Those who leave for Ferrari will help us by freeing up allocations (jK)
Those who worry about a Jurys sympathy, need to consider, trial is everyones last resort, how little does a few letters a lawsuit filing fee cost, and theres even more hard core legal maneuvers, I hope the OP gets it sorted out, I might be so pissed I wouldn't want to buy anything from them
Old 10-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Once you leave Porsche you realize how much crap you have been dealing with. Irony for me is as a new potential customer to Ferrari I can get a 488 GTB in the Spring, 488 Spider in 12 months and a 812 in 24 to 30 months. No games - just need to place my deposit and wait. Going in Monday to test drive a 488, 488 Spider and F12 to decide which way to go.
Right now you're my hero. I'm pretty fed up with the games Porsche plays as well. I wonder if they are aware of the frustration.

Good luck with the Ferraris, I may join you.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:09 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

All at MSRP too?
Old 10-07-2017, 09:22 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by idk_alex
Without sifting through 14 pages...

Can someone give a brief synopsis of the resolution?

Is the dealer going back to MSRP?
From the aggrieved:

Update-
I have spoken with the owner Bob this morning and the GM Paul multiple times in the last few days. It doesn't appear that I will have a resolution to this over night but they are in communication with me and it appears the are trying to make this right.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:32 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
To me, Porsche of the Main Line did nothing wrong. They did nothing to damage the OP. And the grief they are getting on this thread is undeserved.

On the other hand, IMO, the OP, right from the start, made a bunch of mental mistakes.

Mistake #1) Put a down payment on a car 2 1/2 years before getting it and expecting the world not to change during that time.

Mistake #2) Failing to understand that significant money is on the table.

Mistake # 3) Failing to understand the need for a written contract and not just a handshake and talk.

Mistake #4) Selling a Ferrari below market price for no apparent reason (and admitting it).

Mistake #5) Giving someone (in this case a dealer) $102,000 cash for over a year when that someone (the dealer) doesn't want it.

Mistake #6) Failing to recognize the problem stems from self inflicted errors. Instead, complains about the injustice of the dealer on a public forum.

All IMO.
Based on this and your other posts in this thread, I'm curious as to what your relationship is with Porsche of the main line, if any.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:51 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
All at MSRP too?

Ferrari is not allowed to sell “new” cars above msrp.

As as far as the op taking out an ad in the New York Times, I can see it now. The sympathy from the general public will roll in. I mean people will be sending in donations for the op to buy his 300k car.

look- the dealership sucks. Op is getting screwed but this is a first world problem. No one other than Porsche enthusiast care that some rich dude can’t buy a 1/3 or a million dollar car without paying extra. Let’s keep some perspective here.

did i mention the dealership sucks?
Old 10-08-2017, 01:11 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Based on this and your other posts in this thread, I'm curious as to what your relationship is with Porsche of the main line, if any.
Never set foot on their property. Never spoken to anyone associated with the company.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,708 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Never set foot on their property. Never spoken to anyone associated with the company.
nice, glad we dont do business together. we have 10-20MM deals over one phone call. i know what i said, and it's my reputation.... no wonder this country has so many law suits.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,708 Likes on 2,342 Posts

the italian is getting kind of interesting.. especially redheads

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
as a dealer and a buyer I can interject (where I am allowed, as I have been told repeatedly not to get involved)

1) contracts are subject to manipulation and interpretation, and it seems like the OP had a lot of wool pulled over his eyes here- but yes getting vague language helps nobody. and leaving 100k + for that long helps nobody. I wish you the
i applaud you with respect, big *****.

on contract, yes.... we have had discussion with inhouse counsel in past. contract INTERPRETATION is art. you can cheat in front of your wife and explain your way through it.... well may be not you.... but....
Old 10-08-2017, 01:46 AM
sdq7
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Porsche is now doing what Ferrari did for years. I have gone through that with them and it was just as bad. The only reason they are making it easier right now is that the 488 demand is low. I was offered one as well but after years of getting jerked around I did not take the offer. They cant't mark it up so they play games around it. One dealer suggested I "sponsor" their race team for 30k to get an allocation. Supply and demand is the issue and as long as people pay the markup they will get it. Why is this such a confusing issue?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:12 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Ferrari is not allowed to sell “new” cars above msrp.

As as far as the op taking out an ad in the New York Times, I can see it now. The sympathy from the general public will roll in. I mean people will be sending in donations for the op to buy his 300k car.

look- the dealership sucks. Op is getting screwed but this is a first world problem. No one other than Porsche enthusiast care that some rich dude can’t buy a 1/3 or a million dollar car without paying extra. Let’s keep some perspective here.

did i mention the dealership sucks?
why do people keep saying the "jury" would be unsympathetic, how about bench trial, and isn't the job of a lawyer to make an unsympathetic person appear wonderful, hell Ive seen them make a large aggressive teenaged attacker look like a toddler on the news, they'd tell the jury how hard you worked to pay for your one passion in life, while donating to the humane society and then this unscrupulous corporation screws you out of your car with a lowball trade and then takes aways your new car to sell it to a 0.1 percenter NFL player who beats his wife and dog, you're so stressed out your wife will sue for " loss of consortium" I mean seriously, do you guys give up so easily? how'd you earn the money for this car if you arent a person who fights when the chips are down, you ever see that movie Lone Survivor, those dudes never gave up, they just rubbed some dirt on their wounds and kept fighting.

Last edited by dark knight; 10-08-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:00 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

One big thing that was failed to be mentioned about Ferrari.....dealers canā€™t just sell to anyone. New cars only sold to customers in their territory or customers outside any dealers territory. A NY dealer canā€™t sell a new car to someone who lives in Miami....and the right of first refusal they throw in. Dealer has it for a year or you can forget about ever getting a new Fcar again. Thereā€™s always little things....
Old 10-08-2017, 09:16 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
One big thing that was failed to be mentioned about Ferrari.....dealers canā€™t just sell to anyone. New cars only sold to customers in their territory or customers outside any dealers territory. A NY dealer canā€™t sell a new car to someone who lives in Miami....and the right of first refusal they throw in. Dealer has it for a year or you can forget about ever getting a new Fcar again. Thereā€™s always little things....
Dealers can sell to anyone in a territory that there is no dealer.

Being in St Louis all F dealers can sell me. For warranty & service they offer a territory from Dallas Chicago Detroit Atlanta pick up and delivery for free.

Being the local FCA President - the dealer sponsors track days in our area brings in test dive cars all no charge. Ferrari is struggling with the 488 but the dealers receive 50+ car a year so it's a whole different experience.

They have a point system age wealth Tifosi track schools how many F cars the guys who race in the Challenge series get whatever they want. In order to get sought after allocations they send applicants to FNA and apply the point system. Ferrari is a life style for most owners F1 is as good as it gets.

If it were not for RL I would not own a Porsche - the dealers and Porsche itself are of little interest. After trying to work with the local Porsche it's useless which is why my RS is for sale and CGT most likely next.

Ferrari's don't break any more than any other car - all Lamborghini's owners aren't posers you guys need to get out more I am not going to beg Porsche no offense but IMO they aren't that special to warrant the brain damage to buy one. CJ taking over the Chicago dealer makes Mclaren appealing again he's the kind of guy car people want to do business with vs the guys who make buying miserable.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:41 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nuvolari612

If it were not for RL I would not own a Porsche - the dealers and Porsche itself are of little interest. After trying to work with the local Porsche it's useless which is why my RS is for sale and CGT most likely next.
Ive always thought it would be worth it to own a CGT as its an icon and it sounds so crazy loud, it would be one of the best and last analog car experiences. Am I wrong?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:04 AM
jmg3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by jmg3; 05-30-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line