Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 04:32 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Pretty Aggressive weight savings for sure but sounds doable. Here is an old one I used off and on to see where to lose weight. https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ght-table.html

Off the top of my head (and by no means an expert) These are +/- based on what I see in the ad.
  • sunroof 40lbs
  • Wheels 40lbs
  • Front & Rear Bumpers 15lbs
  • Modern Brakes and Rotors 10-15 lbs total
  • Exhaust & Headers. 40lbs
  • Lightweight Flywheel 15lbs
  • Body undercoating 40lbs
  • Battery 20 lbs each
  • Seats 60 lbs each
Thats more than 1/2 of the weight savings. = 285 lbs
Old 02-06-2021, 04:46 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by CBA
Pretty Aggressive weight savings for sure but sounds doable. Here is an old one I used off and on to see where to lose weight. https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ght-table.html

Off the top of my head (and by no means an expert) These are +/- based on what I see in the ad.
  • sunroof 40lbs
  • Wheels 40lbs
  • Front & Rear Bumpers 15lbs
  • Modern Brakes and Rotors 10-15 lbs total
  • Exhaust & Headers. 40lbs
  • Lightweight Flywheel 15lbs
  • Body undercoating 40lbs
  • Battery 20 lbs each
  • Seats 60 lbs each
Thats more than 1/2 of the weight savings. = 285 lbs
I see your point.

I'd argue that if the car actually weights 2590 lbs as claimed it would be well worth the owner putting it on a set of scales and taking a picture. With solid evidence of that weight the final price would (IMHO) be significantly different.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:20 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
I see your point.

I'd argue that if the car actually weights 2590 lbs as claimed it would be well worth the owner putting it on a set of scales and taking a picture. With solid evidence of that weight the final price would (IMHO) be significantly different.
Knocking off 300lbs is not difficult. 4-500lbs and looking like that requires documentation. There are plenty of weigh stations around the country. My local town dump gives me free weighs.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:21 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Content aside, how about spell checking and proofreading for basic grammar before you post? The sloppiness of the reply is for me a red flag that makes me lose all interest in the car.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:54 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Love this site because there is great dialogue that really helps educate everyone on these 964 cars. Whether they are junkers, good drivers, unicorns or just a great car, you can learn a lot. I maybe totally off base with this, but I don't see the ad on this car focusing on the weight of the car, it is just listed in the spec sheet that was provided by Ninemeister to the owner. Maybe I missed it...... I believe Ninemeister has a good reputation in the Porsche community... could be wrong??? I don't personally know the owner but maybe he is not a die hard Porsche guy and isn't intimate with each detail on the car like many of us are, maybe he had the money to build the car but isn't into the details. That's okay, it is obviously a super high dollar build, if I was in the market for a car of this magnitude I would be calling Ninimeister myself, talking to the owner on the phone, and flying to see the car if I was really wanting it. Just a thought but maybe English is not his first language since he had the car built in Europe. Since he put it on Bring A Trailer maybe he should be more intimate with the details for perspective buyers, but I'm guessing again that there isn't that many true buyers for a car of this magnitude.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:53 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by CBA
Love this site because there is great dialogue that really helps educate everyone on these 964 cars. Whether they are junkers, good drivers, unicorns or just a great car, you can learn a lot. I maybe totally off base with this, but I don't see the ad on this car focusing on the weight of the car, it is just listed in the spec sheet that was provided by Ninemeister to the owner. Maybe I missed it...... I believe Ninemeister has a good reputation in the Porsche community... could be wrong??? I don't personally know the owner but maybe he is not a die hard Porsche guy and isn't intimate with each detail on the car like many of us are, maybe he had the money to build the car but isn't into the details. That's okay, it is obviously a super high dollar build, if I was in the market for a car of this magnitude I would be calling Ninimeister myself, talking to the owner on the phone, and flying to see the car if I was really wanting it. Just a thought but maybe English is not his first language since he had the car built in Europe. Since he put it on Bring A Trailer maybe he should be more intimate with the details for perspective buyers, but I'm guessing again that there isn't that many true buyers for a car of this magnitude.
He provides the weight in the comments in response to someone asking. It's buried in the comment history now.

Calling 9M is a good thought. I'm going to suggest that to a potential bidder I know is holding out for confirmation.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:15 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

He provides the weight in the comments in response to someone asking. It's buried in the comment history now.

Calling 9M is a good thought. I'm going to suggest that to a potential bidder I know is holding out for confirmation.
Please tell your bidder to stand down
Old 02-06-2021, 09:44 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Content aside, how about spell checking and proofreading for basic grammar before you post? The sloppiness of the reply is for me a red flag that makes me lose all interest in the car.
Only on Rennlist...
Old 02-06-2021, 10:39 PM
max911s
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Can anyone give me an opinion on this car? It’s an 89’ with high miles just popped up today on my radar

Never mind car sold.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:11 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

You can save yourself a phone call with using logic. The claimed weight is only 120lbs heavier than a cup car. Yeah OK..
Old 02-08-2021, 09:46 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,238 Posts

If you look closely at a singer they use a lot of material to make the CF panels look perfect. Although the parts may weigh little alone when finished they don't save as much weight as you would think. I used all steal parts on my build as I am not a fan of glass or CF panels. My track build would weigh that little wet if I removed the heavy roll cage and turbo system. The turbo's, exhaust I/C and cage have to add 250 or more pounds back into the car. Although I eliminated the entire ventilation system and gutted my doors. There is no mention of fluids. I suspect the weight is dry so add another 150 pounds for fuel and oil. Which would be similar to a singer. The build is top notch but just too many backdates lately and most people seem to be loosing interest at car events.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:15 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Agreed Anthony. This whole backdate thing is played out and people are making more left and right. I would buy a 64RS for that kind of money or 93RS with a bigger budget. Guaranteed Porsche aren't making more of those and value will always be there.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:22 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
If you look closely at a singer they use a lot of material to make the CF panels look perfect. Although the parts may weigh little alone when finished they don't save as much weight as you would think. I used all steal parts on my build as I am not a fan of glass or CF panels. My track build would weigh that little wet if I removed the heavy roll cage and turbo system. The turbo's, exhaust I/C and cage have to add 250 or more pounds back into the car. Although I eliminated the entire ventilation system and gutted my doors. There is no mention of fluids. I suspect the weight is dry so add another 150 pounds for fuel and oil. Which would be similar to a singer. The build is top notch but just too many backdates lately and most people seem to be loosing interest at car events.
Originally Posted by chsu74
Agreed Anthony. This whole backdate thing is played out and people are making more left and right. I would buy a 64RS for that kind of money or 93RS with a bigger budget. Guaranteed Porsche aren't making more of those and value will always be there.
Keep up the good work guys.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:56 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
The backdate seemed like it was already fizzling a bit a year or so back. Anthony, I'm doing what you are doing - keeping the 964 a 964 but going RS3.8 tribute. That way it's a hotrod but not jumping gens.

The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (03-16-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 07:11 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff33702
The backdate seemed like it was already fizzling a bit a year or so back. Anthony, I'm doing what you are doing - keeping the 964 a 964 but going RS3.8 tribute. That way it's a hotrod but not jumping gens.

Yes it still keeps its identity but just a bit more aggressively that way.

Interesting fact since we were talking weights, I just picked up a full 964 Wide Body rear quarter panel in bare metal. I expected it to weigh more than it did but all in no paint or undercoating weighed in at 11.5 pounds. For me I would rather have steel and not worry about 5 pounds of weight loss.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale