Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 04:18 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

If it is Jetta's car, is the interior not originally Linen?
Old 04-21-2023, 08:53 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,398 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
If it is Jetta's car, is the interior not originally Linen?
Based on the option sticker the light gray/cobalt blue is the correct interior color for this car.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:15 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Rudy swapped out the seats with sport seats when he owned it. The seats are not original to the car or a perfect match but these things are easily remedied.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:48 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

rudy always had that row of seats in his storage that i believe were the originals. it's probably too late, but it's likely that he still had the originals. no idea what might have happened to them by now. there were a couple people who offered to help gigi with the collection - darin fister was one of them - so someone might know, but it would take some sleuthing and the new owner may not even have a connection with anyone. personally, i'd keep the sports and be happier for it.

The following users liked this post:
Odin (04-24-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 07:07 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,398 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Very rare ‘93 C2 Cabriolet Dutch police car. Here are more photos of the car in period.

https://www.gallery-aaldering.com/po...brio-3-6-1993/
Vegas993 (04-26-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 09:11 PM
georgej
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

I was surprised to see the bidding fizzle out on this earlier today https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...era-2-coupe-9/ and no surprise that it was RNM. Any thoughts on why this did not get more traction?

This will be interesting to watch. One owner, low miles, and attractive color pallet https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...era-2-coupe-5/
Old 04-26-2023, 09:45 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 493 Posts

Similarly surprised by that result. Seemed like there were really only a couple genuinely interested bidders. Given the current market, that should’ve been a top example. I also thought this was going to be north of 115. It ended on a Friday afternoon, which is arguably the worst possible end time. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ra-2-coupe-10/

But even that hit 115, and it was aesthetically probably not as desirable as the one that ended today. Better motor work and presentation on that one, but today’s had “provenance.” Who knows …

I’m local to the black C2 just listed. If anyone needs eyes on it, just let me know.
Old 04-27-2023, 04:53 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

As an owner of a Cobalt over Cobalt C2/5 I was surprised this didn't go for more, the traction my car gets on the road with other owners would make me think the color deserved more. The interior is a bit of a jigsaw and no paperwork for an engine reseal but I think the real deal killer was the TMU.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:18 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,261 Posts

I was driving while it went down and in contact with the owner and others. I had more than 5 people interested in the car and I am shocked nobody pulled the trigger. The general consensus is the lack of engine rebuild paperwork and TMU hurt the car. Also the mismatched seat colors and aftermarket cup wheels. These are relatively simple things to address but IMO shouldn't have held the car back.

Sadly I know of a few insurance payouts for far lesser cars with more than double the miles that exceeded the high bid. Cobalt has always brought a premium in the past maybe interests are changing or everyone wants only RS's which are flooding the market.

As far as the black car. I don't understand why BaT doesn't require paint readings. Irrespective of the history the car could have undisclosed Paintwork which I doubt and or could have thin paint which will be an issue after a few buffings.

I can understand the midnight car not going any further. Some concerning things like lack of stereo and airbags and even having the connectors hanging loose in the pics. Custom interior may or may not be for everyone and if any car is a candidate for TMU this was one. Possible non original trans also has me questioning the car. As a 92 it should have a g50/05 with 11 digit code this has a 12 digit code used on the 89-91 cars. IMO the 03 is a better box with the 3.44 R&P but I suspect not original. Also the paint is badly peppered which only shows in a few photos.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:16 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by georgej
I was surprised to see the bidding fizzle out on this earlier today https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...era-2-coupe-9/ and no surprise that it was RNM. Any thoughts on why this did not get more traction?
i was somewhat surprised it didn't bring a bit more money, but it really was the cobalt color that was the big attraction.

- near 80k miles and TMU
- accident report on the carfax
- mismatched interior - even with the sport seats, they were the wrong color. what do you do? recover the sports or try to find a matching set of fronts? with the blue partial, i would have thought about swapping over to a complete cobalt over cobalt interior, which is an awesome combo. all choices could be pricey.
- some the mods - heater mod, blue fan, removed rear wiper with a plug. not everyone was going to like all that. i would hate the blue fan myself.
- light interior was far from really clean - simple wear, but it shows on that color so much.
- paint showed some wear and the auction lacked any close ups to really show that in detail.

i think if you add all that up, the bidders lost enough confidence to feel this was a car worth going deep on. we're still talking about $107k all in with a no sale. i really think this was a $110k car, all in, on a good day.

Old 04-27-2023, 01:29 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by georgej
This will be interesting to watch. One owner, low miles, and attractive color pallet https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...era-2-coupe-5/
this seems like a very honest, original owner car, but i hate they're now labeling these as TMU with the speedo repair. i guess that's basically a disclaimer, but if you look at the carfax it's not hard to see that limited mileage, at most, was lost to the speedo repair (if any). for all we know, it sat in the garage while the speedo was being repaired. i think the best thing this car might have going for it is the originality. it hasn't been modded into someone's interpretation of what a 964 should be. it's just a 964, as they were. if you want all original - or close to it - this is perfect. if you want a platform to begin your vision, it's a wonderful starting point. i'll be watching with great interest from two povs, my car is right in that mileage window and i want to see if there really is any notable dip in prices right now. we're likely looking at a difficult 4-6 quarters coming up and i know i'm not selling at the moment. the question always is how much of an impact will that have on the expensive toy market.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:21 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

cobalt targa ending in 60 minutes. looks good with the darker gray interior.
cobalt targas must be somewhat rare.
still reasonable @ $80k?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rrera-4-targa/

Old 04-27-2023, 03:30 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
we're likely looking at a difficult 4-6 quarters coming up and i know i'm not selling at the moment. the question always is how much of an impact will that have on the expensive toy market.
Also have thought economy uncertainty might be chilling the markets a bit right now . . .
Old 04-27-2023, 04:07 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 266 Posts

Not sure the price on the cobalt car has much to do with any economic doom and gloom. When you think about it, the price is pretty solid. Over $100k for TMU, recorded damage, odity on the interior, replica wheels.. I wouldn't say that the sky is falling. I also understand why the seller wouldn't sell for that price, regardless of everything else, it's a really good looking car.
Old 04-27-2023, 05:18 PM
s65e90
Race Car

Received 824 Likes on 571 Posts

Imagine passing on a car because you didn't like the color the fan was painted..... Though that describes lots of the folks on the BAT board.
jeff33702 (04-27-2023)

Quick Reply: 964 Prices