Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't ever help this moron

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ag951, a very well put argument. Also, very true. In Desert Storm, the Iraqis were firing missiles we sold them to fight the Iranians (the bigger threat at the time). They were also firing Russian ammunition that became black market wholesale at the end of the Cold War. Foreign policy is very complex and todays solution is often tomorrows problem.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Backing Isreal doesn't help our cause either especially when they use tanks and missile against people who have nothing to fight back with other than stones and suicide bombers. We may call it terriorism but if we were to switch places with the palestinians what would we do in their place?
Old 09-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Red1 that was funny
Old 09-12-2003, 04:26 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Baron009
I agree.

edit: Actually I'm here for Porsches not Porches, but whatever.. hehe.

Yeah, I mised that one, doah. Check my sig, lol. Couldn't have missed an S in a more important word.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Matt H
Foreign policy is very complex and todays solution is often tomorrows problem.
Yep.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am starting a whole new thread about "thusly"
Old 09-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Legoland951,
let me tell you how unpopular that view point is. I went to Baylor and have actually been kicked out of a class for espousing that view. I got so mad I did all my research that semester on that issue. I had to appeal to the dean to pass that class. The professor was censured for her actions. You are welcome to my house to discuss this anytime. It is one of my favorite topics. Having lived in the Middle East I can tell you that what the Israelis did in the 70s has had generational effects. Then to make matters worse they elect the man who command tanks to bulldoze Palestinian houses (yes, there were women and children inside, the men had been executed). They used to refer to them as Sharon streets. I told my wife that the election of Ariel Sharon insured violence in the region. Can you imagine if the man who killed Martin Luther King was named governor of Alabama? It is almost sad what children are taught in school (including College) about the rest of the world.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Some people here are not old enough to remember the Iranian hostage crisis, Shah of Iran, and some of the other evil we put into power who you mentioned AG951. Think back further, the original chinese government who fought alongside us against the Japanese were abandoned by us. Now known as Taiwan (the only remaining democratic part of China), was dropped by our government to play the mainland Chinese (communists). Were we really fighting the communists?
Old 09-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Matt H, was your professor jewish by any chance? If I remember right from one of your other posts, you are pretty young. You seem to know a lot about history (in an unbiased way). I figure in the collegiate environment, you would be able to voice unpopular views more than boards like this. I guess its not so in your case.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:38 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are taught to hate, what else would you know? In their minds, they are right for doing what they did. Ok, I'm going to hop off of this one, I'm way out of my strong point, I'm back to the cars now.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:40 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

In the interest of free speech of course I think some of you guys should start a Mustafa fan club. I believe he made a whole lot of sympathetic friends here.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Nope, she was not. There was one Jewish professor there and he was on my side. Got him to read my paper and endorse it for the dean. I dont think anyone thinks we were fighting communism (maybe at first we were) but like most other wars we were fighting for communal interest if you will (ours of course). Someone posed a threat to our domination. Think of a bully on a playground, you have to beat someone up to get your reputation and then you have to beat up anyone who challenges your authority, it is how people in power stay in power. Historically, they eventually lose. Some good examples would be Spanish Armada, Napolean, Hitler, etc. The current state of America makes an interesting case study, no nation exists in history so physically large and powerful (though some would argue Russia came darn close). The worst possible scenario (barring mass destruction) is a war of attrition with China :>)
Old 09-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Red1
Yeah, the last guy standing puts down his sword and writes up the incident as the other guy's fault.
"History is written by the winners".
Old 09-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

It comes down to "what is right"? Everyone have their own definitions and I believe it is not "right" to impose what we believe is right to someone other people. I am a firm believer in the golden rule. If I wouldn't want to be in their place, I try very hard not to put others there. Nobody is perfect, but it comes down to one trying. This IS the best country on earth even though we have done some wrong (starting with the indians and so forth) like everyone else. If we don't voice our opinions whether right or wrong, we would never grow. I found by listening to the opposing point of view, I learn something new. Only by hearing both side of the story enough to debate either side of the case will one understand what is really going on.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:47 PM
Matt H
Race Director

I am 24 (25 on the 24th of this month). I lived all over the globe and love history and politics. Thus, I majored in it. EZRider, not sympathetic to his cause, just a big proponent of the freedoms we enjoy. Unfortunately, this means we have to put up with A**holes occasionally.

Quick Reply: Don't ever help this moron