Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't ever help this moron

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 03:00 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big problem is it's these types of morons that end up teaching your children.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:08 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Marc Gelefsky
Matt,

I think supporting mass murder is just a bit more than an "Unpopular viewpoint"
Damned right! So what's next the 9/11 attack was just an expression from Mustafa's cousins protected under the freedom of speech? Where do you draw the line when someone comes out stating loud and clear he's our enemy? I say he's abused his rights now it's time to find him then deport him!
Old 09-12-2003, 03:40 PM
James86-951
Pro

That is precisely the kind of cowards we are facing. When the Japanese attacked us, they at least stood up and said, " I did this, what are you going to do about it?" They were at least man enough to stand up and fight. These people hide under rocks and in caves. They prey on the innocent. History is littered with the corpses of people like this.

I guess he is angry for having a PhD in Art History. Your main carrer statement after college is:"Would you like fries with that?"

He has a right to say what he thinks, definitely. I also reserve the right to respond.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:43 PM
jjmson20
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm still livid...but its good to know for every jackass on this forum there are dozens and dozens of great guys and gals here too. I'm all for freedom of speech, but justify mass murder...thas a no no my friend. So hows it feel to know your country is now the worlds largest sandtrap? I'm done.
God bless America
Old 09-12-2003, 03:47 PM
j_overly
Instructor

The guy has nothing better to do than post something like that so he can watch everyone get all worked up. From his sig, his options are to drive his honda (with the Freedom Sucks sticker in the window) or tick everyone off. He lashes out at other's because he has have nothing going right in his own life.

My question is, why doesn't he denounce his citizenship and move? I am sure North Korea would love to have him.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, here goes: (some of you will not like this, remember I said that up front)

1) I dont like what he said any more than any of you. Let me list some of the places I have lost friends: WTC, Pentagon, US Embassy, Riyadh (I worked there my self on the other side of the building), Khobar Towers, and many others. I grew up a military kid and have lost enough friends to be able to say what I feel. If you prefer my father fought for my right to say what I think. I have probably seen more good men die than most of you. Granted they were soldiers (mostly) and knew what they died for.

2) Support for mass murder is unpopular depending on what side you are on. I dont support in any way what happend in NYC on Sept. 11th but I do want you to think about this: If you live in the Midwest, you live there because of the annihilation of an entire culture. If you are Christian then at some point you must have heard of the Crusades. The list goes on and on.

3) To predetermine that "Mustafa's" cousins are the next terrorist attacker only perpetuates the ignorance that all Arabs are terrorists. You should have seen the Islam center in Irving, what your friends and mine did to that place. If we perpetuate ignorance then we are no better than whomever posted initially. The problem with what he said is that it is ignorant (on some levels).

4) To say that "these morons teach our children" is disrepectful to teachers and students. If you only teach one side of an argument you are doing a disservice to your students. Did you know that Japanes text books didnt have any mention of Pearl Harbor until the end of the Cold War. There are people who think that we started that war. Take a look at a survey of people political views, most people vote one way or another because their parents did, has little or nothing to do with the issues. This is what happens you are told what to believe.

5) Lastly, wouldnt it make a lot of sense to delete this thread in its entirety? What good is going to come of it? Isnt this forum moderated? Just ban him if it is that offensive to the group as a whole (and it should be)

Please, dont think I agree with what he said (trust me I dont), but you live in a country founded on the principal of freedom. Some of the same freedom that allows you to use the computer to call someone else a moron. Freedom cant be an on and off thing just because you dont like what someone said.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

If those comment are true(wicked's) he is essentially wishing harm befall every American. As an American, I view that as a threat. I believe threatening other Rennlisters is a violation of the charter, and Wicked should thusly be banned.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Thusly

Time for this tread to end..
No good will come if it.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:57 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn true Matt! I'm sorry for your losses.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:57 PM
elvisizer
Racer

i second the idea of just deleting this thread. everyone's had a chance to vent, and that's really the only good that can come of this discussion.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:58 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It didn't change a thing eh? I guess Afghanistan and Iraq being invaded as a result didn't change a thing either. I don't agree with everything this government does but nobody deserves to be burnt with jet fuel and have a building collapse on them. This guy would be burnt at the stake for saying that in his own country (unless he lives here and enjoys the freedom and rights-the same country he is criticizing). There is a lot of ignorance everywhere including this country. But it takes a true ignorant to think that one knows everything and not an ignorant in some way. Are we at fault for people suffering elsewhere in the world? Is is our responsibility to wipe other people's asses? I guess in his view everyone needs to suffer equally just like a true communist.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, Marc, you made me learn something today. "Thusly" is a "grammatical tautology". So then I had to look up "tautology"......

...and then you edit your post so mine makes no sense....

Whew. Friday!

Let's move on.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Matt H speaks with insight. I couldn't agree more with what you posted.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:03 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I absolutely agree, Matt. He has the freedom to say anything he wants in America. I also have every right to voice my opinion on what a troll he is. That's one thing that makes this country so great.
I also feel his comments have no place at all on this forum, but that's not my call, it's John D.'s.
However, I will not post to any of his threads or requests for help on this or any other forum.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by Red1
Damn, Marc, you made me learn something today. "Thusly" is a "grammatical tautology". So then I had to look up "tautology"......

...and then you edit your post so mine makes no sense....

Whew. Friday!

Let's move on.
And Thusly, I fixed that

Quick Reply: Don't ever help this moron