Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't ever help this moron

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 03:31 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

AG951, you sure know your historical facts..... most people in this country still think Taiwan is a part of China instead of China being a part of Taiwan looking from the perspective that the communists were considered rebels.....

Dang we got all this educated diversity. Now we just got to get one of the rennlisters to run for president or maybe just start with the governor of California. Its my guess Arnold wants to follow the footsteps of Reagan and end up in DC. I received something in the mail from Californians for Schwartzenegger. This is what he claims other than what I add in parenthesis:

Fiscally Conservative Government with Republican Principles

-Repeal the outrageous car tax increase (tripled since Oct.)
-Appoint an outside auditing group to root out waste and corruption
-Enact a Constitutional Spending Cap
-Immediately attack the $8billion spending gap with Cuts not Taxes
-Restructure the $20 billion inherited debt
-Establish English as the official language of the U. S.

Rebuild California's Economic Engine

-Reform Worker's Compensation laws that drive businesses and jobs from our state
-Help small business grow
-Protect Proposition 13
-Reduce burdensome electricity rates on consumers and businesses

Put Our Children First

-Protect education funding for our children's future
-Demand safe and clean schools
-Shift money and authority back to local schools
-Restore cuts from textbook budget (most kids don't have their own book)

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Legoland951; 09-17-2003 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:28 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He wants to put too many controls on women's productive rights; loses there.

Also, the recall effort is pointless! You can't do anything in a few months as Governor that will stick.

- Julie
Old 09-17-2003, 06:29 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk about uninformed blindsided hypocritical claims. If you open your eyes you'll discover Switzerland during WWII colluded with Hitler's regime laundering **** money.
i Saw sometime ago interesting document of that. There was also an American Bank ( Chase Manhattan) involved in that !
Old 09-17-2003, 11:34 AM
icat
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arnold may "want" to follow in Reagan's footsteps, but he'll have to settle for living somewhere besides the White House if he moves to DC. In order to be the President of the United States you have to have been born in the US. Last I recall, Arnold didn't fit the bill.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:37 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

But didn't someone recently mention that they were about to change that stipulation????

944S Boyeee
Old 09-17-2003, 12:44 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally posted by Devia
He wants to put too many controls on women's productive rights; loses there.

Also, the recall effort is pointless! You can't do anything in a few months as Governor that will stick.

- Julie
I can't imagine that Arnold is going to touch "third-rail" issues for republicans - abortion and gay rights.

Specfically, I thought he was in the mold of the republicans that ascended to governor in many other states in the 90's - focuses on economics, not the "hot-button" social issues.

Can a governor really have an effect on abortion policy?

I thought that, if elected, the new Governor finishes out the 4 year term of Gov. Davis, which just started. So he has 3 years.

-Kevin
Old 09-17-2003, 01:13 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally posted by 944S Boyeee
But didn't someone recently mention that they were about to change that stipulation????

944S Boyeee
They can't do that without a constitutional amendment.

Given the Supreme Court's recent fascination with European courts (quoting legal decisions in EUROPE when writing their own opinions), I would find the idea of changing the constitution to allow a foreigner to run the US really scary.

With 300 million people in this country, there has to be someone qualified who wants the job and meets the existing citizenship qualifications. So, I don't think we have any need to look elsewhere for presidential candidates.

-Kevin
Old 09-17-2003, 01:42 PM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arnold, if he wins, will serve out the rest of the governor's term. That's a couple more years or so. I like most of what Arnold "stands" for. It's high time we ended the multicultural diversity mish mash crap in schools and concentrated on making sure kids can read, write, and do math.

Governors do not have much effect on reproductive policy. That changes when elected President and there are willing interns.

The thing that really frosts me about the DNC and the libs at the moment, is the 9th Circus Court of Appeals has postponed the election because of the balloting method in a couple of counties. If it was good enough to elect Davis and crew, then why not for this election as well? The decision attempts to vacate CA constitutional law governing elections. By law, the date is fixed at a date set based on a fixed time after the recall petition is validated. That date is 10/7. Maybe those guys came from NJ or some other people's republic where the law is what they say it is not what it reads. It is interesting to note that the 9th Circus is the most overturned court in the US, bar none.

Maybe this topic should continue on the OT page. It clearly isn't about cars, unless you factor in CARB.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by icat
Arnold may "want" to follow in Reagan's footsteps, but he'll have to settle for living somewhere besides the White House if he moves to DC. In order to be the President of the United States you have to have been born in the US. Last I recall, Arnold didn't fit the bill.
Not true...to run for the Presidency (or Vice Presidency) you have to have been born in the US, or have been a resident when the Constitution was ratified.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Legoland951
AG951, you sure know your historical facts..... most people in this country still think Taiwan is a part of China instead of China being a part of Taiwan looking from the perspective that the communists were considered rebels.....

Dang we got all this educated diversity. Now we just got to get one of the rennlisters to run for president or maybe just start with the governor of California. Its my guess Arnold wants to follow the footsteps of Reagan and end up in DC. I received something in the mail from Californians for Schwartzenegger. This is what he claims other than what I add in parenthesis:

Fiscally Conservative Government with Republican Principles

What do you guys think?
I was a History major for three years.
Although I'd say both Chinas are "rebel" groups that filled the power vacuum when the last dynasty crumbled. Back then Sun Yat Sen was the rebel leader.

I wouldn't expect more from Arnold than typical Republicrat politics.
Republicans like to promise they'll lower taxes and reduce the size of government, but (at a national level) the budget has gone up faster than inflation every year, since Eisenhower was President. And taxes have gone up every year (the Bush Jr. tax cuts are a phony, they cut taxes in one area, but raised taxes and fees in other areas to more than compensate, then increased spending even more to bankrupt your grandkids), so that they're now 34% on average, versus 5% on average in the '50s.
Republicrats like to say they'll help business ("conservatives") or help poor people and unions ("liberals"), but in the end all they really want is to get re-elected, so they say what they must, then vote the way their campaign donor masters tell them to.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I swear I heard somewhere that they were going to change that rule.

944S Boyeee
Old 09-17-2003, 08:59 PM
nove442002
Racer

I was wondering why this was posted in this forum instead of the off topic?I tried to read thru some of it , some very good points. I really have a nothing to add , just that it was a very ignorant comment. I am sure he would feel differently if someone he new would have been killed in those buildings.

One question that remains in my mind is why did these people crash into these buildings and why did they try to bomb them before, remember when they tried to take out a floor before so the building would collapse ???

Next question is why we as Americans do not have a discussion about why this occurred on 9/11

1- They were raving lunatics

2-They were retaliating for something we did

3-They were retaliating for something they percieved we did against them
Old 09-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

A little of all three.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:38 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

As I've said earlier. The problem with this world is that people cannot understand other peoples point of view.

their biggest beef is our support of Israel.

If they would sit down and look at the situation realistically they would see that Israel has always worked with us, and act like friends. While the opposite side has a tendency to throw bombs at us.

realizing that, who would we more likely support? A long standing friend, or a bunch of people that keep attacking us.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Water944t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Dave951M
Arnold, if he wins, will serve out the rest of the governor's term. That's a couple more years or so. I like most of what Arnold "stands" for.

Maybe this topic should continue on the OT page. It clearly isn't about cars, unless you factor in CARB.
Um, as an American combat veteran, I respectfully object to a foriegn-born actor, with no qualifications whatsoever, and known ties to many special interest groups including the **** party, being allowed to run the 5th largest economy on the planet.

I think Ahnold is a decent, if very limited, actor, and he was certainly a great bodybuilder, whatever that counts for in the great scheme of things. But that has nothing to do with the leadership of a large and influential state. Nothing!

And as far as this being an OT subject, and may I quote you once again, just in hopes you see the irony...

Maybe this topic should continue on the OT page. It clearly isnt about cars
Do a quick check of any page on this forum and see how many actual car topics there are...between the days of our lives crap, the polls, and all the other non-Porsche geedunk...this isnt exactly a well disciplined ship. Politics and religion are always OT, simply because most people cant discuss either dispassionately. So we shove them under the rug, and talk about J-Lo's latest sausage vendor. 9/11 involves both, plus the guilt we all feel that it was them, not us. Which might be the finest of American traits, empathy.

Leave the thread alone, its fine here, and add your voice. Defend your views until they prove untenable, then be willing to change.

Quick Reply: Don't ever help this moron