Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Clint's 944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is still too early for anyone to make assumptions without full disclosure from both parties. This is a private matter that is begging to become public....

Sadly, I'm kinda looking forward to it now.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boost feen
968 (modified to Replica Turbo S) Coblat Blue
<snip>5. NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES:
<snip>
Okay, we all know that the car was sold as is.

But we still don't know what condition it was in when it was sold.

Apparently, Joska's understanding of the condition of the car wasn't the same as when he took delivery of the car..

So we still don't know what all the beef is about. Is it just a little issue? A BIG issue? What's a matter with the sale?

Yeah, I know - it's none of my business - blah-blah-blah... but I am interested to know what's going on, and perhaps myself and others here can help straighten this out...

I hate to say it, but I suspect that all that legal mumbo jumbo won't hold up if the car was misrepresented in any manner...

Just sayin'
-Z
Old 05-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Daily944
Racer

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
sounds like he ****ed up the car and is going to hid behind the law rather than whats right.
+1 Wait, did I just agree with VooDoo?

It's a sad situation to be in after shelling out $35k+/-, and get something you didn't expect.

I've had nothing but good experiences buying & selling from other rennlisters. I too am one of those who trust fellow members as we are all enthusiasts just trying to keep a strong community going. This example will always make me wonder about buying any kind of parts/cars from rennlisters I haven't already had transactions with.

I hope it gets settled in a kind matter, where both men ACT just as that, Men.

Till we find out more..
Old 05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
944V8inDFW
Three Wheelin'

cant we all just get abong?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Daily944
Racer

Originally Posted by 944V8inDFW
cant we all just get abong?
You're F'in up the rotation! Puff, Puff, Give!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:18 PM
944V8inDFW
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Daily944
You're F'in up the rotation! Puff, Puff, Give!
when them nuns start sucking on something they dont like to give it up
Old 05-01-2009, 11:18 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chads996
You are one naive dude. When it comes to business, I trust nobody but myself.

Two more rules - I NEVER buy cars from friends. And I NEVER buy cars from family. In the world of business and money, trust is not an option.

C.
Dude, add me to the naive list, that's what I thought drove this site, enthusiasts who could (can) trusted because we mutually enjoy the cars. Your take on the world of business and money is pretty darn cynical....trust must be an option in a successful business enterprise (my experience).
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

growing up in NYC, i'm with Chads996. However, when dealing with small purchases....i usually give everyone the bennefit of the doubt. Ultimately i take risks and if i lose some money, thats life. When a 35K used car purchase is involved, i would have inspected the car prior to purchase. Trust is not an option unless you have dealt with the seller before or know him personally imo.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 PM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Used car boiler plate, no warranties expressed or implied. Sorry B.F. that won't convince anybody except some on here. Joska doesn't say anything about warranty, he doesn't say he drove the car, he doesn't say it broke, he says
Originally Posted by Joska
Shawn shipped the car in absolute terrible condition. I was so upset that now, I want to return the deal.
So instead of posting a copy of the contract why don't you post a picture of the car on the trasnport, As you stated you would do Here ,your post on the for sale thread? That would go all the way in so far as absolving yourself.

Also, the condition of the car and part of the contract is how you advertised it in that thread "968 Turbo S as Featured in Excellence" That is the way the car should have been shipped. You got the picture????

Last edited by jonnybgood; 05-02-2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: removed inflamatory shill comment
Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 PM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnybgood
Used car boiler plate, no warranties expressed or implied. Sorry B.F. that won't convince anybody except your shills on here. Joska doesn't say anything about warranty, he doesn't say he drove the car, he doesn't say it broke, he says

So instead of posting a copy of the contract why don't you post a picture of the car on the trasnport, As you stated you would do Here ,your post on the for sale thread? That would go all the way in so far as absolving yourself.

Also, the condition of the car and part of the contract is how you advertised it in that thread "968 Turbo S as Featured in Excellence" That is the way the car should have been shipped. You got the picture????
Exactly what I was thinking.

But, now that both parties are here, how about we let them sort this thing out? and then, if they wish, they can let us know the outcome.

I am sure they both realize where this is headed and where this might end up getting settled.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:33 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chads996
You are one naive dude. When it comes to business, I trust nobody but myself.

Two more rules - I NEVER buy cars from friends. And I NEVER buy cars from family. In the world of business and money, trust is not an option.

C.
Originally Posted by chrisc
Dude, add me to the naive list, that's what I thought drove this site, enthusiasts who could (can) trusted because we mutually enjoy the cars. Your take on the world of business and money is pretty darn cynical....trust must be an option in a successful business enterprise (my experience).

...and I suppose add me to the list as well. I do not know either party, NOR do I (or you guys) know the real issue at hand...although it seems to be fairly obvious (Jeremy H. hit it square on the head earlier, IMO).

But Chad, in regards to your comments I will have to respectfully disagree. Perhaps in Corporate America trust is not an option, but this is RennList for christ sake. You should certainly be able to trust a longtime Lister & contibutor. Moreover at the end of the day this place is supposed to be a community and communities are built on contribution, trust and friendships. Are we now to the point where we do not even have that here?
Old 05-02-2009, 01:17 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

i just read all 9 pages cause we don't have crap like this on our forum and it is actually quite funny reading it all ..

little dissapointed still no meat as to the situation .. to bad I can't get that half an hour of my life back

good luck to all parties..
Old 05-02-2009, 02:04 AM
genikz
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
little dissapointed still no meat as to the situation .. to bad I can't get that half an hour of my life back
+1

Good thing I'm drunk...
Old 05-02-2009, 03:51 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
Okay, we all know that the car was sold as is.

But we still don't know what condition it was in when it was sold.

Apparently, Joska's understanding of the condition of the car wasn't the same as when he took delivery of the car..

So we still don't know what all the beef is about. Is it just a little issue? A BIG issue? What's a matter with the sale?

Yeah, I know - it's none of my business - blah-blah-blah... but I am interested to know what's going on, and perhaps myself and others here can help straighten this out...

I hate to say it, but I suspect that all that legal mumbo jumbo won't hold up if the car was misrepresented in any manner...

Just sayin'
-Z
There were some very nice pics in the for sale thread. If the car didn't look like the pics in the for sale thread, I'd say that was fraud and open for legal action.

I expect better dealings with rennlister's than I do with others on the internet. I do check how long they've been on and how many posts, etc before doing business with a lister. I've had nothing but good experiences. I've even done a deal with Voodoo. The sumbitch still owes me a beer but the deal went well.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:54 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Here are pictures from April 3rd when Intercity picked up the car, it was in extremely clean condition and excellent running order! The 968 turbo S replica came as documented, with all receipts in a 3 ring binder for over $35K parts and work and as advertised in Excellence with the exception of the stock front & rear seats and RH 3 piece wheels as negotiated by the buyer to get the price to an acceptable 27K

He had been in contact with me for several months previous and had gotten build sheets, dozens of photo's, read the article! I at no time stated that this car was anything other than what it absolutely was when we came to an agreement for his purchase of this beautiful vehicle and he took delivery!

Unfortunately the buyer and Raj have both been in contact with me over several different channels in the last week as they are buddy's! Joska has threatened me and Raj has called me earlier this evening, stated that he does not want to get involved but threatens me, my wife and are unborn child which we will be having in 3 weeks from today! Saying that Joska is some sort of huge "executive with ever reaching endless deep pockets and power and that he will stop at no ends to spite me" I have it on my voice mail!

And to think that this is all over Joska the Buyer being unhappy! How can one spend months researching and thinking, then weeks in negotiations and when the transaction is all over contracts signed, money and car exchanged, weeks go bye then decide he wants to "claim herewith the deletion of our contract" taken from his letter.
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison