Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:48 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Sounds like grounds to complain to me.
But how come you've got his avatar and name? Am I confused there or am I missing something??

So Shawn is posting Joska's emails to him without any other text? I don't get this.
Shawn posted what Joska emailed/pm'd to him...it's Boost Feen posting.

Last edited by alxdgr8; 05-02-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, perhaps all of this dog-piling could have been avoided if the buyer actually saw the car before he shelled out the dough in the first place. No way would I EVER buy a car WITHOUT going over it myself, in PERSON.

Joska, I'm sorry you are disappointed, but this was easily avoidable.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by harrisonrick
Well, perhaps all of this dog-piling could have been avoided if the buyer actually saw the car before he shelled out the dough in the first place. No way would I EVER buy a car WITHOUT going over it myself, in PERSON.

Joska, I'm sorry you are disappointed, but this was easily avoidable.
Novel idea, huh? Then, regardless of the condition, making a post with veiled threats (I'm referring to his OP) is just unacceptable. Wow, you bought a used car and it appeared used... fancy that. I have no interest in either party, but quite frankly, this is a chicken **** way to go about things, REGARDLESS if you can't get a hold of the seller. But that's just me. In the grand scheme of Porsches, that much $$ just isn't that much. OK, I'm done, Boost Feen and Joska and battle it, but to pay that much for a car you haven't seen other than in pics... to say nothing of who took it for a spin during transit... seems like that is a risk. Of course I know nothing when it comes to higher end cars- i am relegated to NAs, so my opinion is what you paid for it.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:26 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint chips are to be expected on a car of that age. The buyer specifically bargained the price down without the wheels and seats that were on the car. Looks like Shawn gave him "roller" type "around the shop" materials. Sounds pretty normal in my book. Basically... he bought a car sight unseen and now has buyers remorse due to it not being everything his hopes and dreams were made of..... or atleast that's how that email reads to me.

And complaining about open dump? Saying it needs an entirely new exhaust? Seriously? HAHAHAHAHA, that's just silly. Even if he didn't like open dump (I personally do) it'd take a welder, an hour, and about $100 in piping to nicely tie it back into the exhaust.

It's a MODIFIED 15 year old car, a certain bit of work is to be expected.... especially when you bought the car without ever inspecting it....
Old 05-02-2009, 09:36 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Oh my god lock this post already!!!!!!! Shawn answer Joska's pms/emails/phone calls and work this out or tell him to f'**k off whatever you choose. Just deal with the issue one way or another.

The goal of the thread was for Joska to get in touch with Shawn that seems to be accomplished and the various side posts from the peanut gallery really serve no purpose. (including mine ).
Old 05-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MPD47
Looks like Shawn gave him "roller" type "around the shop" materials. Sounds pretty normal in my book.
For $27K? on a used 968?
Old 05-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedBump
[...] and the various side posts from the peanut gallery really serve no purpose. (including mine ).
Oh, I don't know. I think there has been an interesting and informative range of views put forward that can be instructive to everyone. I think Chad's advice is solid common sense reflecting the way the world is. I think Luis' views reflect the way we should act and (hope) others will act to make rennlist (and indeed the world generally) a better place.

And VoodooGTX's posts, as always, represent a potent warning to all you young rennlisters on the dangers of persistent glue sniffing.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedBump
Oh my god lock this post already!!!!!!! Shawn answer Joska's pms/emails/phone calls and work this out or tell him to f'**k off whatever you choose. Just deal with the issue one way or another.

The goal of the thread was for Joska to get in touch with Shawn that seems to be accomplished and the various side posts from the peanut gallery really serve no purpose. (including mine ).

Amen. I believe most of us said this 10 pages ago. Go fig.

C.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:06 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

1. Joska should have had someone look at the car if he couldn't. He was naive and trusting. Not bad traits and doesn't make you a bad person in my book but there is a case of Caveat Emptor here.
2. The car was represented as almost a 1 off. Replicas go for big money nowdays provided they are faithful to the OEM. This car was in the Mag and talked up as if it was in at least 9 out of 10 condition. At least. It sounds like it was short of the mark by some consideration.
3. Can a compromise be had? Can some of the monies be refunded to make the car up to the standard that we all thought it was in. Remembering that this car was 'built' only recently it sure sounds like it is at best 7-8 out of 10.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:30 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of what's "wrong" with the car sounds very fixable. Whether it should have been fixed by BF is another matter.

I agree with MPD, the part about the dump tube is absurd. In my book, that is a standard for a highly modified turbo car. Its an "Turbo S" for a reason...

Last edited by ritzblitz; 05-02-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:32 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
For $27K? on a used 968?
Luis,
If I had expensive seats and wheels on a car that you didn't want... I'd make you provide your own or ship it on steel wheels with no seats. The fact that he can sit in it is a plus as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:32 PM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
For $27K? on a used 968?
well, the negotiated the price - without the seats and the wheels that were in the car at a time - the seats that were put on and the wheels that were put on don't have to be nice; that's why the price was lowered; it's assumed that Joska had some kind of a plan as far as wheels and seats go; he should be thankfull BF allowed the price to be adjusted and took the wheels and seats off - and actually had something in there

next time, have a 3rd party do an inspection for you, or check it out yourself; the car is a replica built - it doesn't has to be perfect, its a REPLICA - your idea of "nice" doesn't has to match someone else's

its like buying replica wheels and the complaining when the wheel fails ...

learn your lesson and move on - agreed with Chad and Mike, this is rediculous
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but for $27,000, I'd want my 968 'Turbo S' in damn near mint condition.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my .02. I saw an ad in craigslist, turned out to be someone I kown fairly well. Long and short of I ended up needing another 944. Part of the deal was cash and what was left of a running but wrecked 944. I drove 4 hours to do the deal, the seller had stated that there were stone chips and other small issues. I arrived, and was asked if I wanted to take it around the block, to which I responded "I drove 4 hours to buy a car that I've never seen, based on what you've told me, as someone I trust. If I wanted to look at a car, I could have been lied to by someone local for less money." I know this person, know that he knows about these cars that is why I chose to buy his car. I've been as happy as a pig in **** ever since, and I hope he is happy with the transaction as well. I guess the point to this is that I've KNOWN him for 6+ years and that is the ONLY reason I didn't inspect the car first.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:26 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,140 Likes on 814 Posts

............ PPI ..............

how many times have this been said over the years ... ?
Just my opinion but looks like shawn is off the hook .. buyer didn't inspect and took a risk.. and buyer beware at the end of the day rules ..

it sounds like the Hungary dude whoes name I forgot got in crap from his wife

Quick Reply: Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison