Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnybgood
So Glad all the moderator wannabes were right that this is all BS

OMG! OMG! call the moderators!!!! Too Funny

At a minumum there are issues. I agree, let them settle it offline.

I would have maintained my lurker status until I saw "stand up guy".

I was using BF as an abbreviation for Boost Fiend, not Best Friend.

Back to lurker status..

Sorry Johnny...but your post is laughable, IMO. You bought an S2 transaxle for $750 and you're complaining that he said it went into 2nd gear tough sometimes? Uhh...my friend, a properly good S2 transaxle (which is a highly desirable transmission BTW) averages about $1500 for a working unit in "good" condition. You paid $750.

See where I am going here?

You bought a sub par unit. That was mentioned as being sub par. Not to mention it was crazy cheap. 1+1=2.

18 pages.

C.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:03 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ain't too smart....do I have this right? Excellence does an article on what appears to be a really slick car that is sold soon after the article and it turns out to be a questionable piece? Maybe I can get my little pos featured in Excellence and sell it quickly??
Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chrisc
Maybe I can get my little pos featured in Excellence and sell it quickly??
Put a V8 in it and it will for sure.

C.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc
I ain't too smart....do I have this right? Excellence does an article on what appears to be a really slick car that is sold soon after the article and it turns out to be a questionable piece? Maybe I can get my little pos featured in Excellence and sell it quickly??
Not sticking up for anyone here but........I once bought (for a friend actually) a wrecked mustang for parts from a guy I knew fairly well from work. The car had a bunch of aftermarket parts on it that made it a real good deal. I looked at the car, made a deal, and paid in full. When we went back to pick it up a few days later all of the parts that made it a good deal were now gone. Some of the ones that were missing had been replaced with stock parts. When I asked the guy about it he said he saw a few neighborhood kids hanging around the car and they must have taken them.......Fortunately for me his brother was transferred to my department a few weeks later and I fired him shortly thereafter. I was sure to remind him to tell his brother to enjoy the mustang parts.

So just because the car in Excellence was beautiful, that doesn't mean that's what was delivered and I believe that is what the OP is trying to say here.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:58 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joska - sorry to hear about the transaction but great to see an old 968.net name here even if it is under these circumstances. Hope it all gets worked out.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Joska
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Raj.

Bob, thank you for your decision. This shows the quality of the page. This is just a way to solve the issue before going to trail. This will be beneficial for both parties. Details are not shared, if there is still hope, that he contacts me and we are coming to a conclusion.

What would you guys do? Has anyone talked with him about this? He must have friends in the community. I am maybe thinking to fly over to CA and meet him in person. We have a holiday tomorrow. I like to get a little distance from this. That will give him some time to think about it.

In the mean time, for all of you, who want to see some pictures:

Old 04-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Well those pictures don't tell us anything.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

How bad does the condition vary from advertised? Sounds like a lawsuit is going to be the way to go if you don't here from him. I'm sure if your lawyer sends him some papers that will get a response out of him.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Chads996
Put a V8 in it and it will for sure.

C.
Don't agree Chad, check out the Porvette at the Muscle Car site. I have a friend up who lives up in Jersey and knows the MC guys. He says they can't get any interest in the car.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:34 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Unhappy

"So just because the car in Excellence was beautiful, that doesn't mean that's what was delivered and I believe that is what the OP is trying to say here.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, just surprised that someone might try to pull something like that off, especially with the nice article in E.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

My take is that if anyone of you guys bought an expensive and exclusive car like this for a reasonable amount and it was not how it was represented to be, and then the seller wasn't communicating with you after receiving the money, you'd be straight on here with a similar enquiry.
I'm not saying this is what happened, I don't know of course, but if this is true then cut the guy some slack. I don't think Joska has gone off the handle during this thread either. I've no beef with Shawn either. Just my take.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 117 Likes on 85 Posts

i think i have a massive bowel movement in the making. You may ask why i am posting this here? Well i will tell you, because my bowel movement and most of the opinions here have something in common.

Wanna guess what that is. all the old ladies can unbunch their panites and go on with their life. nothing to see move along now.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Old 04-30-2009, 09:37 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
How can you guys call this BS without knowing the facts. I think people jump to conclusions too quickly around here.
Raj
Exactly...lets not dogpile on the guy...I'm sure there is a valid reason behind the post and hopefully it will get sorted out
Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

FWIW, I purchased a transmission from Shawn and it was exactly as described. He also has purchased parts from me in the past and payment was quick. *shrug*

This isn't 100% relevant other than we're talking about the guy and he isn't posting.... so I guess I felt the need to chime in.

I hope this gets resolved for BOTH parties.

Quick Reply: Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison