Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As I said...Page 15?

C.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want at least 15 pages.....come oooooon 15.

C.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boost feen
As I do not own this said car anymore I cannot speak of its condition presently but can give stated facts about it before it left my wife and I's ownership! It was a wonderfully running, powerful car that got so much attention at Porsche shows and PCA gatherings. We won a 1st place award at a peoples concourse in Ventura in 2007 which my wife and I very much enjoyed! It was written up in our local PCA Redwood Region newsletter and chosen to park in front at a local PCA charity event. There are so many pictures of its build and documentation here on Rennlist and the other forum its not even funny. I was contacted by the Excellence magazine for them to do a story and must say they did a wonderfull job of describing the car and its driving impression. The buyer had talked with his good friend who has a similarly modified 968 turbo and had nothing but good things to say about my car. He had informed me of researching all of these items as well as being sent a build sheet along with more photo's which acurately described the vehicle. After several months of contact he negotiated the car as described in the magazine article with the exception of the composite seats and original Speedlines. The condition of the rims and original seats that came with the sale were described to him. In the end I did everything I could to answer all his questions and describe this 17 year old 968 (modified to Replica Turbo S) so it was very well documented. There was no known problems with it as a vehicle in any way when he took possesion of it, with more money and time spent on this car than you would ever be able to get back by selling but that is the joy of owning one of these great Porsche cars and we really did not want to sell it it but we felt that with a baby coming and remodeling our home for a larger family that it was necessary!
Best of luck with the new little one on the way
Old 05-03-2009, 06:11 PM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new baby! We have one coming in September! Keeping the car though.

Last edited by smac951; 05-03-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Joska
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree on the fact, that I made a serious mistake on buying this car unseen. I was basing my decision also on experience I had with all 968 owners, which I meet over the last couple of years; people who know the value of their cars very well. They have a certain expectation in quality, what is reflected in every detail of their car.

The purpose of initiating this post was to get a hold of the seller and at the end having offline an agreement before bringing this case to trail. This attempt has failed.

The post after all was and unfortunately still is the only chance to get an answer from the seller. PM, mails and calls still stay unanswered.

I never wanted nor expected 3rd party judgement through this post. I apologize to react on non involved statements in two occasions. This was highly unprofessional.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And with those closing comments from both parties, this thread this is closed. I hope that this matter can be worked out as best as possible.

Closed....

Quick Reply: Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison