Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.2 secret opps....This is NOT a technical thread about chips(2guys1DP)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was afraid to look at this thread after the title change!!

I appreciate everyone's posts most of the time. I don't think it's ever been about "who is the most right". It matters less who knows more or even who knows the most. It is about sharing knowledge and discussing things.

If people were made to feel stupid or inferior every time they had a problem, they wouldn't want to share it. They wouldn't want to ask any questions. And there would be no point to having a forum.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Holy Crap Russell, how do you keep your carpet so white?

So now we have to do a maxHPkit version I vs. maxHPkit version III? Don't tell me what the changes are. Let's see if my butt-dyno can tell.

Hurry up, will ya!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Hey Doug, the top one has your name on it!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Now all I need is a multi board. (hint-hint)

http://www.maxhpkit.com/prod_multib.htm

Russell, I don't remember that page on your website. I remember the term multi board and was joking around when I said I need one, but now that I've read about it, I really gotta have one. It would allow for the "wife in the car" setting and the "running up Palamar Mountain" setting.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:08 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rusnak,

My sentiments exactly.

Hey, I saw your pic. 13.4 at idle seems rich, I believe you want to achieve 14.7 on the LM1 at idle with O2 Sensor unplugged. Maybe re-read the O2 Sensor after adjustment on the AFM? After that you might want to increase your base idle to 880RPMs.

I am jealous I wish I had the RPM reader. Where and how much? Reading off tach is so iffy.

If you are trully too lean, at night. get on the freeway when it is safe to see if at WOT you see smoke of unburnt fuel coming out the exhaust. I know it is not scientific but when I was too lean, I noticed it plus knocking. Once I richened her up to proper ratio no more smoke.

Originally Posted by rusnak
Hi guys, here's what I got on the O2 sensor just now. Engine oil 180F, rpm, afr, and voltage shown in 1x.10 scale. As you can see, it's at .92 lambda @ 838 rpm. And the sensor is reading .48 dcv.

This is with a stock chip. I haven't done a run at full load and wot. I think it might actually be a bit lean, but what do you think? I'll also post SW's graph for the stock chip as a reference.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:18 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Thanks Draco.

I was confused by looking at the SW graph, which is why I posted it for comment.

So I can go ahead and adjust to 1.0 lambda or 14.7 AFR at idle, and the re-connect the O2 sensor? At higher rpm and at load, the engine won't be running too lean?

Oh, I used the ghetto method for reading RPMs. That is a digital timing light. I didn't buy the LM-1 RPM reader
Old 02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Yes, go 1.0 Lambda or 14.7 AFR at idle. Yes, then reconnect O2 Sensor and set your base idle by jumpering the BC socket, remember to rev several times to make certain the idle is settling down to where you want it 880 RPMs (you are a 87-89, right? if not stock 84-86 is 780)

No, it will not run too lean at load. In fact test it by driving it on the road and go WOT or just increasing the rpms to 2000-2200 RPMs you will see it go rich to 13.1 or 13.2, which is from what I understand is ideal.

Oh you ghettoed the RPM Reader? Nice.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

"I believe you want to achieve 14.7 on the LM1 at idle with O2 Sensor unplugged. Maybe re-read the O2 Sensor after adjustment on the AFM? After that you might want to increase your base idle to 880RPMs."

WRONG!!! This is erroneous and belongs on the dark side with the other 1/2 truths and innuendos. You should be sentenced to death!! Oh, and don't try to edit it after-the-fact!!

Just kidding, of course. I wanted to see how it felt...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
"I believe you want to achieve 14.7 on the LM1 at idle with O2 Sensor unplugged. Maybe re-read the O2 Sensor after adjustment on the AFM? After that you might want to increase your base idle to 880RPMs."

WRONG!!! This is erroneous and belongs on the dark side with the other 1/2 truths and innuendos. You should be sentenced to death!! Oh, and don't try to edit it after-the-fact!!

Just kidding, of course. I wanted to see how it felt...
Dude, dude...You F'ing got me again.

gotta go, boss just showed up with pizza. Next its off the shake the front tires on rnln's slantnoseseriously cool car...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Oh man, I thought WTF did he change his name? this was on my email alert
Old 02-26-2009, 05:48 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Hey D, tell R to quit cheating on me

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Dude, dude...You F'ing got me again.

gotta go, boss just showed up with pizza. Next its off the shake the front tires on rnln's slantnoseseriously cool car...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

I'm taking the Nissan so we don't have any little half round light half slant nose 911's running around in 9 months. Did I say that?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

OMG, this is starting to be really non-Hetoral.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:22 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now all I need is a multi board. (hint-hint)

http://www.maxhpkit.com/prod_multib.htm

Russell, I don't remember that page on your website. I remember the term multi board and was joking around when I said I need one, but now that I've read about it, I really gotta have one. It would allow for the "wife in the car" setting and the "running up Palamar Mountain" setting.
Yeah, the multi-board is a pretty slick little device, though I've been wrestling with remote switch, and the mounting thereof. Below is a picture of a couple of versions I've tried out, both crude and not optimal. Today I just ordered a different typf of switch, it's up/down pushbuttons with the map number in the middle. The board is also available with the switch mounted on the board itself, for those who would rarely ever switch maps. By default, when you order the multi-board you get a stock map, your performance map, a valet map, and a no-start map for security. Or, if somebody just wants to keep their baby stock, and have the valet and no-start maps that'll work too. If you have another vendor's chip, and want that on it, you will have to contact that vendor about building you a chip with the images. They can use the MultiMax program to build the images, which can be downloaded for free by anyone at http://www.maxhpkit.com/support/multisetup.exe

For chip customers there is an upgrade path to the multi-board, it's 50 bucks, and additional chip images on it are 50 bucks each. When you order a performance chip with the multi-board (as new customer) the board adds 50 bucks to the price of the chip. Plus any additional images you select. At the moment I don't have a Race map for the 3.2L 911, but can easily produce one if anyone wants it.

For you Douglas, the multi-board pre-loaded with your stock, old, new images, with valet and no-start will cost $2,500.00, you can paypal me at russ@maxhpkit.com

Seriously, if you want one just order it right off that page for 50 bucks, I'll load what ever you want in it...

Regards,
Russell
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy Crap Russell, how do you keep your carpet so white?

So now we have to do a maxHPkit version I vs. maxHPkit version III? Don't tell me what the changes are. Let's see if my butt-dyno can tell.

Hurry up, will ya!
I take off my shoes...

What you have is the DME III, I'm just not 100% sure it is the latest version. I honestly can't remember how many chips I sent you after you sent me the stock one. With the health issues and the move, stuff scattered across two states in many boxes, paperwork still emerging, I can't be sure, so yours coming today is just the latest version of the 911MAX, Jim's is a slightly modified 911MAX tailored to his mods and fuel. Mostly fueling changes.

On the 911s the number of modifications available is limited, therefore I won't have to generate so many variants of the base 911max chip map, unlike the turbo world I've mentioned before where I have 80 something versions of the same base map. In comparison, tuning the 911s is much easier.

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: 3.2 secret opps....This is NOT a technical thread about chips(2guys1DP)