Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PDLS+ Availability Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 11:32 PM
Slightly_Focused
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 15 Posts

I have an RS scheduled to start production on 7/29 and delivery of 10/14. its still showing both PDLS+ and Bose in TYD but I have not bothered to check with my SA yet to confirm.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:15 AM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by DreiPedals
Can you advise what your TYD dates are / or were if they're now screwy. Mine was supposed to be 'at the dealership' on the east coast initially on Sept. 16, that moved a couple weeks back to Sept 23, then last week to Oct. 7th. I've got PDLS+ and Bose in the spec, and haven't heard from my dealer at all since this news started to break.

Unless, that is, you've got one of the very last MY2022's rolling out and that's how you made the cut; and your car is likely finished production in that case by now.

Thanks!
MY23 prod start date is 8/26, delivery 10/7, those dates will slip I’m sure.

we will see if it gets built with PDLS+, I remain cautiously optimistic.

Old 08-06-2022, 12:26 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 925 Likes on 369 Posts

Same dates and mine was yanked. Since yours is headed to the same dealer we might take delivery on the same day!

Originally Posted by jamesrg
MY23 prod start date is 8/26, delivery 10/7, those dates will slip I’m sure.

we will see if it gets built with PDLS+, I remain cautiously optimistic.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:35 AM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Same dates and mine was yanked. Since yours is headed to the same dealer we might take delivery on the same day!
that would be cool, I’m trying to not get my hopes up, I got a feeling mine just hasn’t been updated, we will see.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:43 PM
Axis
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 42 Posts

Maybe by the time my car shows up someone will figure out how to get the pdls+ headlights to work without an error without needing to put in a new windshield with the camera.
The following users liked this post:
Ken in San Diego (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 02:25 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts
Default LED PLDS+ Retrofit

I just spoke to my SA. Like all of you, I can't get the LED (PDLS+), so my SA recommended that I surely order the Bi-Xenon PDLS (Bi-Xenon™ Headlights in Black) to start with since it has the mostly same functions as the LED PDLS+. The SA is looking into the situation more with the parts department, etc..., but the initial feedback is that we just might be able to swap out to the LED PDLS+ in the future if we want to...

Bottom line - If you want to even attempt to swap out to the LED PDLS+ in the future, be sure to order the Bi-Xenon PDLS (Bi-Xenon™ Headlights in Black) now which is a $1,500 option. Do NOT go with the standard lights.

Also, this is one feature of the LED that the Bi-Xenon does not offer. I would assume that this particular feature would not work for us since our cars won't come with the camera inside the rear-view mirror:
  • High Beam Assistant - When a camera located inside the rear-view mirror detects the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, the high beams are automatically turned off at a distance of approximately 2,600 feet. If the taillights of a vehicle traveling in front are detected, the high beam is then turned off at a distance of approximately 1,300 feet
No idea what it would take to install the rear-view mirror with the camera sometime in the future too, and wire it all up to the LEDs. For me personally, I can live with out this feature since this is more about the look of the LEDs.

Last edited by Ken in San Diego; 08-06-2022 at 02:43 PM.
jamesrg (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 03:12 PM
axoo
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I really don’t care about the high beam assistant. I don’t need an assistant to know how to use high beams. I just want the look and brightness of the LEDs.
Ken in San Diego (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 04:16 PM
Porsche757
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 25 Posts

As someone who does a fair amount of nighttime driving in my CGTS, this would be a difficult decision for me. The PDLS+ with high beam assist function works very well and at this price point you almost expect it as a standard feature but we all know how Porsche works! Good luck everyone with these supply chain challenges.

Last edited by Porsche757; 08-06-2022 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:45 PM
ilovegt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't think the 1500 option exists on the configurator. Where can we choose it?
Old 08-06-2022, 04:54 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,866 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovegt
I don't think the 1500 option exists on the configurator. Where can we choose it?
Which trim? Don’t think the RS has the option, GT4/Spyder does, don’t know about GTS…
Rennolazine (08-08-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 04:57 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by ilovegt
Ah, I have a build for Spyder, and I just noticed it's ONLY the Spyder and GT4 have the option for the Bi-Xenon™ Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS). Looks like the GTS, and GT RS don't offer it. That's a bummer.

EDIT - I just realized that the Bi-Xenon are now standard on the GTS, so those folks are fine.

Last edited by Ken in San Diego; 08-06-2022 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:58 PM
aclicky
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
I just spoke to my SA. Like all of you, I can't get the LED (PDLS+), so my SA recommended that I surely order the Bi-Xenon PDLS (Bi-Xenon™ Headlights in Black) to start with since it has the mostly same functions as the LED PDLS+. The SA is looking into the situation more with the parts department, etc..., but the initial feedback is that we just might be able to swap out to the LED PDLS+ in the future if we want to...

Bottom line - If you want to even attempt to swap out to the LED PDLS+ in the future, be sure to order the Bi-Xenon PDLS (Bi-Xenon™ Headlights in Black) now which is a $1,500 option. Do NOT go with the standard lights.

Also, this is one feature of the LED that the Bi-Xenon does not offer. I would assume that this particular feature would not work for us since our cars won't come with the camera inside the rear-view mirror:
  • High Beam Assistant - When a camera located inside the rear-view mirror detects the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, the high beams are automatically turned off at a distance of approximately 2,600 feet. If the taillights of a vehicle traveling in front are detected, the high beam is then turned off at a distance of approximately 1,300 feet
No idea what it would take to install the rear-view mirror with the camera sometime in the future too, and wire it all up to the LEDs. For me personally, I can live with out this feature since this is more about the look of the LEDs.
Were you able to switch to the PDLS black? Curious if there is any date slippage with choosing this. I could see TYD still shows 30 days till freeze date for me (will try to talk to my SA before then)
Old 08-06-2022, 05:02 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by aclicky
Were you able to switch to the PDLS black? Curious if there is any date slippage with choosing this. I could see TYD still shows 30 days till freeze date for me (will try to talk to my SA before then)
Yes, my SA did it today. Again, I have a Spyder. You need a Spyder or GT4 build.

This is my latest from just today:

Old 08-06-2022, 05:07 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
Yes, my SA did it today. Again, I have a Spyder. You need a Spyder or GT4 build.

This is my latest from just today:

I did the same a couple days ago. I switched to XEW, SA made the change and sent me the updated build sheet. I just can't do the base headlights.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:10 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
I did the same a couple days ago. I switched to XEW, SA made the change and sent me the updated build sheet. I just can't do the base headlights.
1) Yes, the base headlights are missing a lot of interesting features, and there are also some extra "silver bits" that I don't like, and 2) with XEW, you have a decent chance in the future to upgrade to LEDs if you want (likely without the auto dimming feature of course).

Quick Reply: PDLS+ Availability Discussion