Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PDLS+ Availability Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 05:11 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 912 Likes on 364 Posts

Black PDLS is (and has been since the 4.0 GTS launched) standard on the GTS and is now the only lighting option.

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Which trim? Don’t think the RS has the option, GT4/Spyder does, don’t know about GTS…
Old 08-06-2022, 05:14 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Black PDLS is (and has been since the 4.0 GTS launched) standard on the GTS and is now the only lighting option.
Ah, ok, if the Black PDLS is standard on the GTS 4.0, then those folks are good.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:09 PM
ilovegt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
Ah, ok, if the Black PDLS is standard on the GTS 4.0, then those folks are good.

mine is a RS...no such option. We just have standard bi-xenon and daytime running LED light. No PDLS either.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:40 PM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Has anyone confirmed that they were able to change to PDLS after a locked build? I can't get ahold of my SA.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:53 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by vtplm
Has anyone confirmed that they were able to change to PDLS after a locked build? I can't get ahold of my SA.
I asked the same to the GM, waiting to see.
My lock day was modified back 20 days when they did this, locking me out. If I hear anything, I'll post as well.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:07 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 912 Likes on 364 Posts

I'm on the fifth stage of PDLS+ grief as of today - Acceptance. The PDLS black housings will look fine and the lights work great based on my experience. Are they LED? Nah, but at the end of the day I know I'll enjoy the car and won't think twice about the headlights when doing fun driving.
The following users liked this post:
Toon902 (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 04:07 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Has anyone that is affected by this officially switched to PDLS? My main concerns with switching are delaying the build/shipment and potentially losing my PCCB since I'm tinkering with my build (shouldn't happen, but supply chain, blah blah blah, makes it feel like any change is a risk). I've reached out to my SA, waiting to hear back.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:12 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by rusmani
Has anyone that is affected by this officially switched to PDLS? My main concerns with switching are delaying the build/shipment and potentially losing my PCCB since I'm tinkering with my build (shouldn't happen, but supply chain, blah blah blah, makes it feel like any change is a risk). I've reached out to my SA, waiting to hear back.
Yes, I switched to PDLS. I am V200, and no change in anything for me on my dates as a result.

Also, I just noticed the Spyder Configurator is no longer offering LEDs now.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:51 PM
rusmani
Racer

Yes, I switched to PDLS. I am V200, and no change in anything for me on my dates as a result.

Nice, glad to hear you were able to snag PDLS without affecting anything else? Do you by chance have PCCB specc'd as well? That's the one option I'm really worried about losing by making a change. I've already read/been told there is a shortage on ceramic brakes, so I don't want to take a chance if I may lose them by tinkering with the build, especially since I'm still in the fence with base headlights vs PDLS.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Due to my lock date being changed backwards, no PDLS for me. Good luck to you all.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:35 PM
aclicky
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Due to my lock date being changed backwards, no PDLS for me. Good luck to you all.
was your lock date shown through TYD (and shown a retro active date)?
Old 08-08-2022, 05:39 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

I made the switch to PDLS last week. I'm V200 and TYD is still showing the same delivery as of this morning. My build locks in 49 days.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:42 PM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

PDLS+ is also removed from the GT4 Configurator.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:52 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Sorry to hear that the choice was made for you. I still have just under a month until my lock date. Besides potentially messing with my build, I'm not sure if the PDLS is worth it over the base headlights. I definitely wanted PDLS+, but unsure of what to do at this juncture.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:25 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Sorry to hear that the choice was made for you. I still have just under a month until my lock date. Besides potentially messing with my build, I'm not sure if the PDLS is worth it over the base headlights. I definitely wanted PDLS+, but unsure of what to do at this juncture.
I covered this issue above, but if you want any chance to upgrade to the PDLS+ later, my SA said that we should order the PDLS now. Similar functions and likely can be swapped out in the future (without the auto-dimming feature working).

Quick Reply: PDLS+ Availability Discussion