Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 01:29 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,139 Likes on 641 Posts

Absolutely stellar deal on that black Spyder.

Hope it's an outlier.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:10 PM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Interesting result on the black Spyder. Only thing I saw is that it's not a professional listing (doesn't look badly done though) and the seller wouldn't post DME. I thought it might be a weird spec, but nothing too abnormal there: no plastic dash, has Bose and CarPlay, auto A/C, heated 18-ways (but lots of us like those), and the extra red looks fine enough with the black... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 05-24-2023, 04:32 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,341 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Judging by the sellers reaction...I don't think he is going to sell it to the buyer and be quietly banned from bat.
What specific reaction are you talking about? I must have missed something.
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 06:28 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 597 Likes on 273 Posts

Interesting conundrum on that Spyder sale. Seller probably thought he'd be well over reserve when he agreed to it and was likely relieved when it didn't hit, but BaT making up the difference while good for the buyer is probably bad for the seller in this regard. I am sure their terms and conditions are locked down, but not a fun experience for anyone. Another reason not to sell a car on BaT.
Old 05-24-2023, 06:32 PM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
What specific reaction are you talking about? I must have missed something.
he replied that it didn’t meet reserve so the car wasn’t sold as one commenter had said
Old 05-24-2023, 06:46 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom Loder
he replied that it didn’t meet reserve so the car wasn’t sold as one commenter had said
Right, but subsequent posts indicate that BAT made up the difference and completed the sale. Seller got his reserve and BAT took a slight haircut off of their $5K buyer's premium.
Old 05-24-2023, 06:53 PM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Bents
Interesting conundrum on that Spyder sale. Seller probably thought he'd be well over reserve when he agreed to it and was likely relieved when it didn't hit, but BaT making up the difference while good for the buyer is probably bad for the seller in this regard. I am sure their terms and conditions are locked down, but not a fun experience for anyone. Another reason not to sell a car on BaT.
I don't see how selling your car for the reserve amount you agreed to is a reason to avoid BaT. Good reason to avoid agreeing to a reserve long in advance in a falling market, maybe...
Old 05-24-2023, 06:56 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brock256
I don't see how selling your car for the reserve amount you agreed to is a reason to avoid BaT. Good reason to avoid agreeing to a reserve long in advance in a falling market, maybe...
And BAT hasn't really established itself as a low-reserve auction, either. They seem to allow the home-run-or-nothing all too often IMHO. No deals left to be had there.

Seller agreed to that low number so he has nothing to complain about.

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 05-25-2023 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:14 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Never understood the appeal of websites like BaT to be honest, much prefer to just list my car for the price I want to receive and negotiate with potential buyers
Old 05-24-2023, 08:31 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 323 Likes on 177 Posts

PCAR does this too. Not sure about Cars & Bids but wouldn't surprise me. I think it's normal though totally unappealing as a seller.

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Never understood the appeal of websites like BaT to be honest, much prefer to just list my car for the price I want to receive and negotiate with potential buyers
Sometimes people don't want to deal with that and just want to move something. And for some cars BaT can bring more than if you list yourself. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:59 AM
Manual991
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 68 Posts

My ex-CGTS is now up on the dealer's website. https://www.porschebellevue.com/cert...57c7172a24.htm
It's this car. PM me if you want a recommendation for a SA.

The following 2 users liked this post by Manual991:
Airbag997 (05-25-2023), GTS992SA (05-28-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 05:23 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
There are people that criticize BaT as a bad place for buyers ("Prices too high. BaT premium!"), and people that criticize BaT as a bad place for sellers ("Prices too low. BaT discount!"). Then there is a growing number of both happy buyers and sellers that come back to BaT for ACTUAL transactions. The concept of an auction site with a given standard for presentation, comments, questions, engagement with buyers, seems to be working quite well and growing. The number of potential buyers that it attracts for any car is unmatched. I would take a BaT auction result (sale or RNM) over any other market data as a reliable market indicator.

Last edited by hf1; 05-25-2023 at 05:24 AM.
jimdillard (05-30-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 07:41 AM
roadawg1608
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

There are very vague terms when you list your car. There's a small checkbox in the various information inputted, one of them is called "make whole program". It basically means BAT can cover the difference (up to 5% of the difference), pay the seller the difference between the reserve and the final bid if RNM.

It's a bad idea because it skews the market and it's very unclear what it means when the seller is inputting all of the requested information to list the car. It's just a small check box thats easy to accidentally click and agree to. BAT should not be in the business of playing god in these auctions, or offering options like that.

BAT is all for it because they can make 2-3% opposed to nothing when it doesnt hit reserve instead of their normal 5%.

The check the seller gets from BAT when this happens says "hearst" on it when this happens.

It's a business I understand that, but its unethical and over reaching.

I mean just think how confused people are when this happens, everyone is just guessing in the comments at what just happened and what the real value of the car is. BAT just wants to make $$$$, they have no interest in what this can do to the market trends perceptions on car values or unethical confusing terms for the seller.

The other part of this that I don't agree with as the auction is ending or in the last few minutes, BAT doesn't call you or ping you about what will happen next. or explain anything. There's no discussion, they just decide your fate and make the call if it interests them.

Last edited by roadawg1608; 05-25-2023 at 07:48 AM.
jimdillard (05-30-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 07:51 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by roadawg1608
There are very vague terms when you list your car. There's a small checkbox in the various information inputted, one of them is called "make whole program". It basically means BAT can cover the difference (up to 5% of the difference), pay the seller the difference between the reserve and the final bid if RNM.

It's a bad idea because it skews the market and it's very unclear what it means when the seller is inputting all of the requested information to list the car. It's just a small check box thats easy to accidentally click and agree to. BAT should not be in the business of playing god in these auctions, or offering options like that.

BAT is all for it because they can make 2-3% opposed to nothing when it doesnt hit reserve instead of their normal 5%.

The check the seller gets from BAT when this happens says "hearst" on it when this happens.

It's a business I understand that, but its unethical and over reaching.

I mean just think how confused people are when this happens, everyone is just guessing in the comments at what just happened and what the real value of the car is. BAT just wants to make $$$$, they have no interest in what this can do to the market trends perceptions on car values or unethical confusing terms for the seller.
No one is confused. I really don't understand these 'objections' to absolutely VOLUNTARY and TRANSPARENT interactions between buyers, sellers, and BaT. Seller gets exactly the reserve price which he accepted as good & fair ahead of the auction. Highest bidder gets a car he likes for a price he likes and paying fees he likes. BaT closes a sale and is happy with a <$5k/5% vs zero fee. Everybody wins. Which part is "unethical and overreaching"?
brock256 (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 09:07 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Yeah, I don’t see the “crime” here, either. Sounds like a bonus feature offered by BaT, tbh.

If a seller doesn’t want to sell for the reserve, they set the wrong reserve.

Sounds like (some) people want BaT to be speculator friendly. Be able to set low reserves to bring bidders, but somehow not be held accountable to their reserve.

Last edited by Adrift; 05-25-2023 at 09:12 AM.
brock256 (05-25-2023)

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale